Does KVR mainly turn your creativity on or off?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Depends.

I mainly use KVR/Gearslutz to keep up to date on music tech. I also browse the sound design/production technique areas to see what's trending and to try get new ideas to try out. For those reasons, it's useful, and it can help with creative pursuits.

But I rarely post. When I do, it's in spurts.

And the flame wars, bickering, etc. get on my nerves -- to the point where I'll stop visiting for several months at a time. KVR/Gearslutz -- they turn into time-wasting distractions, and they eat away at your soul because of the overwhelming amount of stupidity, ignorance, and negativity. Honestly, I'm probably ready for another multi-month hiatus, lol.

But overall, KVR/Gearslutz can be useful -- provided you visit with a purpose in mind.

There's quite a few creative posts/threads on KVR.

It can only help me to get into the studio. Otherwise, it's just another online social activity for me when it doesn't.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
For less negativity I would stop by vicontrol.net or thesoundboard.net
http://www.thesoundboard.net/viewforum. ... 46eb4a7399 (http://www.thesoundboard.net/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=0cc88c22e27a41f45356ee46eb4a7399)

KurtV wrote:For less negativity I would stop by vicontrol.net or thesoundboard.net
http://www.thesoundboard.net/viewforum. ... 46eb4a7399
WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Leave KVR?!?! ARE YOU INSANE?!?!?!?! :borg:

I think I just threw up in my mouth...a little. :help:
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

Well, for all it's flaws, it's better than gear slutz. It's very VERY VERY hard for me to believe that there are so many "pros" over there.

I've tried to leave (and have been tried to force to leave :lol: ) many times, but you know......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Acid Mitch wrote:There's quite a few creative posts/threads on KVR.
Why, thank you :hihi:

This place had positive influence on my creativity for sure, seen so many folks around who are doing their thing not carrying about anything else than doing just that, gave me massive bump in right direction.

It's liberating being around folks who don't care about industry and other "important" stuff, sure there are plenty of those folks around here too, but they probably just came from GS or something. :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I do appreciate the insightful posts regarding music and creativity by the many knowledgeable members, but i do also get put off by the pettiness that many people bring to KVR. When I personally get caught up in the pettiness and forget this is a music forum, i know i need to get my priorities straight.
:borg:

"It is by gear alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of plugin that thoughts acquire computer speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by gear alone I set my mind in motion"

I've never really looked to kvr for creativity. I see it as mainly an information source about new plugins and other software - help for problems etc. I used to like hanging out at electro-music.com for interesting discussions about composition/concepts etc. I don't expect to get that at kvr really.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

incubus wrote:"It is by gear alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of plugin that thoughts acquire computer speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by gear alone I set my mind in motion"
:clap:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

jancivil wrote:social media has naught to do with it for me.
Not really to me all the time either, but Anti-social media is a complete turn off to me. Creativity killer.

I just don't, won't approach the music from an emotional place. compartmentalization perhaps, and I feel it's a bit like the multiple personality person that has a strong one looking out for the weaker, but my creativity is on (or off) regardless of other people's input. Also for me sobriety demands confronting trouble, where I used to avoid it at all costs. I'm very easily moved but I don't internalize people's meanness to me, I'd rather be angry than cry about it. If I was in love, it wouldn't help me be inspired is the other side of the coin.

incubus wrote:"It is by gear alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of plugin that thoughts acquire computer speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by gear alone I set my mind in motion"
Fun. Made me think up this one:

"It is by acoustic objects alone i set my music in motion. It is by the CPU-suck of plugins that DAWs acquire slowness, the laptops acquire heat, the heat becomes a warning. It is by acoustic objects alone i set my music in motion."

But no, i have too few acoustic objects i can play to rely on them for music :-D
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”