anyone else here a Todd fan ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

from his new record "White Knight"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgHqpcc91Ik
can't wait to see this live in a couple of weeks !

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Here I thought you were referring to Big Head Todd and the Monsters.

masterhiggins wrote:Here I thought you were referring to Big Head Todd and the Monsters.
Oh, I thought todd snider....?

While I'm not a fan of the bulk of his work, "A Wizard, A True Star" is, in my opinion, a masterpiece of unconventional mixing and songwriting.

I came here for Todd Terry. :x

I went to his one man show in Manchester back in the 80s. Had a great night. Saw him with Utopia at Knebworth too. I still listen to A Wizard A True Star and Initiation ...

This is not a drill. It is a green guitar.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Thought we were talking Dochstader..
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Aloysius wrote:This is not a drill. It is a green guitar.

Only Todd can save us ... :ud:

TODD. TODD. WHERE ARE YOU TODD??????????????????????????????
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I like some of Todd Rundgren's poppier tunes, and his production on XTC's "Skylarking" is amazing. His prog/fusion stuff is way too busy/yang for me to listen to more than once or twice and sounds very much of its time.

In 2001 I was staying in a Brooklyn, NYC hotel with my family, and Todd & John Entwistle (late Who bassist) got on the elevator - they were on tour with Ringo Starr. Todd is enormously tall and quite strange-looking in person.

Actually, just deleted the "Darryl's House" episode to make some more room, but yeah, he's great.

People don't remember how much he's been responsible for.

I only have a passing familiarity with his music. I mostly know of him from his work with the Newtek Video Toaster and Lightwave 3D, back in the day. I also once auditioned for his "Media Band" project in the early 90s. Needless to say, I was not invited back! :lol:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Liked The Nazz and his handling of Skylarking, but despite being a Philly native myself, I have no love for Todd. :shrug:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”