I made some music today and I used ...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, this is one of those threads. The idea is just to mention the plugins/instruments that you used or featured in music that you made TODAY! That's the only stipulation, of course it's on the honor system. You don't have to link your music even though I think that a lot of people would like that. Even just listing the style may make this useful for some people. Over the long term, you can look back at this thread and see what you've used rather than what you've imagined that you've used and how much music that you're actually making and what kind of music that is.

Not that I have any control over it, but, my idea is that it's ok to chat with each other about the respective choices, that is, having a conversation about the posts is not off topic, IMHO, of course.

I'll go first.

I made some ambient music today and I used

Konture
Kinetic Metal
Una Corda
Replica XT
EchoBoy
Blackhole
Neutron
Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I made some music for a short film today. I used a Moog SUB 37 and Soundforge.

A kazoo
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Made a track today with these modules:

Mutable Instruments Warps
Mutable Instruments Tides
Ornament & Crime
Sputnik Quad VCF/VCA
WMD Synchrodyne + Synchrodyne Expand
MengQi DPLPG
2hp Freez

And:

NI Maschine
Valhalla Plate
Permut8
TB Barricade

This is a dangerous thread for me though -- that was the 126th track I have finished so far this year and I made patch notes on every one of them.

EDIT: song link
Last edited by foosnark on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

foosnark wrote:Made a track today with these modules:

Mutable Instruments Warps
Mutable Instruments Tides
Ornament & Crime
Sputnik Quad VCF/VCA
WMD Synchrodyne + Synchrodyne Expand
MengQi DPLPG
2hp Freez

And:

NI Maschine
Valhalla Plate
Permut8
TB Barricade

This is a dangerous thread for me though -- that was the 126th track I have finished so far this year and I made patch notes on every one of them.
Awesome! I hope that it's a good thread for some people. Sounds like you try to do a track daily? I try to do a release (of an "album", hate that word, it just means an hour of music, give or take) every month and I jam with others once a week.

no links to the songs?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:no links to the songs?
I don't want to pressure people. That's what the music cafe is for. Some people on KVR often give people grief about not creating any music, well, I mean for this thread to be a place where people can mark time for themselves and at the same time talk about their music making and their choice of music tools at the same time.

I hope that it takes on that kind of feeling where people talk about music and technology together, and although I expect that some people will share, I don't expect the majority of posts to contain links.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote:Awesome! I hope that it's a good thread for some people. Sounds like you try to do a track daily? I try to do a release (of an "album", hate that word, it just means an hour of music, give or take) every month and I jam with others once a week.
Some days I don't do anything, but others I do two (and rarely three). Averaging about 5-6 per week overall though.

I find if I don't keep it up, I wind up not making any music at all for months at a time, then spending a month on an album but feeling pressured, and then not making any music again for a while. If I just keep doing it frequently enough the momentum is easier to sustain.

I know there are a few other synth folks in my area but I haven't gotten together with them or done any online collaborations. Maybe one of these days. I'm pretty antisocial though.

I made some noise using this...

Hear here: 3am - leftover table

Lots of stuff used...
Make Noise - DPO, Maths x2, MMG, Echophone, ErbeVerb, Rene, Woggle Bug x2, Function, Moddemix, Optomix, Morphagene, Pressure Points x2+Brains, QMMG, 0-Coast.
Mutable Instruments - Tides, Frames, Shelves, Shades, Clouds
mxmxmx - Ornament&Crime, Temps Utile
The Harvestman - Piston Honda
QuBit - NanoRand
4MS - Rotating Clock Divider
Intellijel - uMidi, uStep
Expert Sleepers - Disting, ES-3+ES-6
Bitwig - EQ, Dynamics
Valhalla DSP - VRoom

foosnark wrote:
EDIT: song link
I enjoyed that. Thanks. You make good use of the Freeze nice rhythmic variations.

DIVA
And some Kontakt stuff. Which I mangled.

But mostly DIVA. Because it is THE GOD OF ALL OSC

justin3am wrote:I made some noise using this...
Some very cool textures in there. 8)

ghettosynth wrote:Yeah, this is one of those threads. The idea is just to mention the plugins/instruments that you used or featured in music that you made TODAY! That's the only stipulation, of course it's on the honor system. You don't have to link your music even though I think that a lot of people would like that. Even just listing the style may make this useful for some people. Over the long term, you can look back at this thread and see what you've used rather than what you've imagined that you've used and how much music that you're actually making and what kind of music that is.

Not that I have any control over it, but, my idea is that it's ok to chat with each other about the respective choices, that is, having a conversation about the posts is not off topic, IMHO, of course.

I'll go first.

I made some ambient music today and I used

Konture
Kinetic Metal
Una Corda
Replica XT
EchoBoy
Blackhole
Neutron
Sounds cool. Link?

Aloysius wrote:A kazoo
Believe it or not, I'm inspired by your comment. No, seriously, I'm being serious.

foosnark wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Awesome! I hope that it's a good thread for some people. Sounds like you try to do a track daily? I try to do a release (of an "album", hate that word, it just means an hour of music, give or take) every month and I jam with others once a week.
Some days I don't do anything, but others I do two (and rarely three). Averaging about 5-6 per week overall though.

I find if I don't keep it up, I wind up not making any music at all for months at a time, then spending a month on an album but feeling pressured, and then not making any music again for a while. If I just keep doing it frequently enough the momentum is easier to sustain.
Yeah, I feel you on this. I also find that regular music making frees me from being stuck in one particular style or even projecting a necessary style onto myself, if that makes sense.

If I make enough music, then taking some time to explore an absurd idea doesn't seem like it's stealing time.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”