Bands similar to Nine Inch Nails?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't know for the older style, but for the current one, their other project, How To Destroy Angels sounds pretty similar. I'm very happy with both.

e@rs wrote:Don't know for the older style, but for the current one, their other project, How To Destroy Angels sounds pretty similar. I'm very happy with both.
Yeah, when I first heard their first album, I thought "this sounds like a NIN cover band with a female lead." Great stuff though.

Bands that haven't been mentioned so far: Front 242, 16 Volt, Kill Switch ... Klick, Sister Machine Gun.

Big fan of Skinny Puppy, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, Throbbing Gristle, Controlled Bleeding, Lustmord, Nurse with Wound, Foetus, etc, but those are more focused on the industrial or experimental side of the genre, or KMFDM, who are on the "dance" side--and of course, Thrill Kill Kult sometimes breaks out of their own mold with their "retro sleaze lounge" stuff.

Revolting Cocks, Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel, and Debbie Gibson

Gary Numan went a bit ninny in the 2000s. Jagged and Pure albums come to mind.
Image Image Image Image

Maybe rob zombie in some ways?

Except I hate white/rob zombie and like much of NIN.

incubus wrote:Maybe rob zombie in some ways?

Except I hate white/rob zombie and like much of NIN.
Funny, I love White Zombie (Astro Creep 2000 is one of my all time favorites) and hate all Rob Zombie's solo stuff, they're pretty different to me, but I guess I can see how some people could lump them in together.

I'm simply guessing at this point.

sprnva wrote:Gary Numan went a bit ninny in the 2000s. Jagged and Pure albums come to mind.
He's been a sad nin tribute act ever since Pure :oops:

Look up 'Halo In Reverse', his old stuff practically sounded like he covered/rewrote the first couple of NIN albums....To the point of where you might think you were listening to Reznor demos.

an-electric-heart wrote:Not really what you're talking about :hihi:

But I'm trying to start a band like NIN... struggling to find a local singer!

https://yettobenamed1.bandcamp.com/releases
Too bad I don't live in your region. NIN is my favorite and Trent Reznor is one of the three things I trained myself to sing by.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I love Trent Reznor's stuff and this was still funny to me. :-D
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Aliens wrote:
sprnva wrote:Gary Numan went a bit ninny in the 2000s. Jagged and Pure albums come to mind.
He's been a sad nin tribute act ever since Pure :oops:
Disagree. Numan has good stuff going on that's his own. Especially since Pure. My only criticism of his current work is that he does too many long intros. Per song that's fine, but it really slows down the flow of an album.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Perimeter Sound wrote:Look up 'Halo In Reverse', his old stuff practically sounded like he covered/rewrote the first couple of NIN albums....To the point of where you might think you were listening to Reznor demos.
I could tell what he was going for but it kind of falls flat to me. (YouTube stuff marked 2010).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”