Soundcloud Alternatives that you cant rip from

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im looking for websites like soundcloud that people cant rip your song off from.

Obviously people will still be able to connect the output to whatever and record, but thats way more work.

There are tons of online "soundcloud to mp3" or "audiomack to mp3" options available online.

Does anyone know a streaming service like these, that i can upload an audio to and people wont be able to easily download an mp3 off of it?

Thanks!

I have no idea myself but if someone chooses to rip mp3 like that I doubt they would have paid for the music on any platform period. So it isn't a lost sale since it never was one. I would say focus on paying customers and let pirates pirate. If every major artists songs can easily be pirated and they have potentially billion dollar companies behind them, well just accept no matter what a chunk of people will pirate.

I know it isn't a solution you asked for but focus on people who have the money to not need to rip mp3. Focus on say people above 25 who have for the most part grown out of the I need to pirate everything just because I can. I believe it is energy wasted worrying about that crowd. As long as your stuff is decent and reasonably priced move on.

If this was rampant like out of control then yeah, I would look elsewhere.

I am kinda in the same boat but not with my music. I have music theory sheets I put a lot of time into and ask myself well can't some just click save as on the image? I have decided to not worry about it and move on. People who want to pay/willing to support my work will. I don't want to ruin my work with water marks worrying over it. In the age technology people who can not pay or choose to never pay, don't have to.

OreoSplitter wrote:I have no idea myself but if someone chooses to rip mp3 like that I doubt they would have paid for the music on any platform period. So it isn't a lost sale since it never was one. I would say focus on paying customers and let pirates pirate. If every major artists songs can easily be pirated and they have potentially billion dollar companies behind them, well just accept no matter what a chunk of people will pirate.

I know it isn't a solution you asked for but focus on people who have the money to not need to rip mp3. Focus on say people above 25 who have for the most part grown out of the I need to pirate everything just because I can. I believe it is energy wasted worrying about that crowd. As long as your stuff is decent and reasonably priced move on.

If this was rampant like out of control then yeah, I would look elsewhere.

I am kinda in the same boat but not with my music. I have music theory sheets I put a lot of time into and ask myself well can't some just click save as on the image? I have decided to not worry about it and move on. People who want to pay/willing to support my work will. I don't want to ruin my work with water marks worrying over it. In the age technology people who can not pay or choose to never pay, don't have to.
I appreciate your reply, but im not trying to avoid pirates/sales.

I just have to send/show stuff to people i dont trust. hahaha

Any ideas?

How about sending a short edited version. You could also add some spoken word audio like ''This is a Tactical dudu Demo'' over the top of it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Tactical dudu wrote:

Any ideas?

Well that is simple and I have done this myself. EQ an instrument to where is sounds slightly off and in a few a areas move the measure or drums beat off just a tad. The idea is with these inperfections they can't just strait up copy paste your music as their own as it isn't marketable. Just don't go overboard "ruining" your song. Let then know it's a demo and the original sounds "normal".

I don't know of many ways they could prevent ripping the music. Once upon a time you could have embedded it into a Flash swf player but everyone (rightly) wants to kill Flash with fire.

This "demo version" suggestions reminded me of a promo CD I have for Air's 10,000Hz Legend album where the sound drops out in each track. Don't know how common that was but it's the only CD I have like it.
Last edited by sprnva on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

that's the spirit ;)

My music isn't very marketable, nor is music I made 30-some years ago but it still shows up having been ripped off. I mean things which barely ever existed on mp3 to begin with. Or actually probably not at all, so someone ripped it from the vinyl.

There is no site that's free from that, I don't reckon. Flash embed, I don't know anything about it technically. Does that work?

ALL of my releases are on youtube which is super-easy to download. So I don't actually put very much out and say 'here it's free' because it is, de facto if you know anything.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tactical dudu wrote:Im looking for websites like soundcloud that people cant rip your song off from.
That doesn't exist. If people can hear it through their speakers, it can be tapped off and ripped.

There are methods to watermark it (as described above) but you cannot completely stop it.

If you don't trust people with your tracks, then the only solution is to keep them to yourself. And accept the consequences of that :shrug:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I use hearthis but I don't know if ripping is possible or not, probably yes. Take a look at my page:

https://hearthis.at/natal-rec.-sh/

Greetings NR

if you're talking about digital copies there are various blockstack/ethereum music distribution systems in development that seem to be addressing these concerns, embedding ownership meta data and control in a distributed trust'less environment, automating royalty tracking and things. Though I'm not sure how that stops anyone recording the analog output, maybe some ultrasonic marker? (lol then the copiers would filter etc). Yeah, there's only 2 ways I can see to share music with small risk of (good) copies...1. be there while you play it, then the best they'll likely get is a phone video (bonus points if you can be loud enough to overload their mic) 2. As others have said, break it, the worse it is the less likely someone will bother lol... Or just accept reality ? :)

http://www.totalrecorder.com/

and there must be plenty of others across all platforms. You dont even have to plug anything in. Worrying about piracy is a waste of time - there is little you can do about it and you most likely wont make any money out of anything online anyway.

That's true, making money in the internet means to be Adele or the Beatles at least. Otherwise you can forget it. Recording the analog out is still a solution, but a loss of quality you'll always have to face.

Yup, anything running as a device driver wins. Or anything with a reroutable device driver like the EMU cards.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Tactical dudu wrote:

Any ideas?
http://www.voxengo.com/product/beeper/

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”