The big "I just want to let everybody know I hate iLok because reasons!"-Topic

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:
Hink wrote:just curious, anyone else notice the op has like 113 posts since 2013 and hasn't been back to this thread since they started it? 8 days
Too busy eating popcorn.
As I remember an iLOK dispute where brewing in a thread about an instrument, so the OP took charge and created a thread where users could discuss iLOK exclusively.

I think that was a good move. Many threads about instruments or effects using iLOK get hung up on the iLOK instead of discussing the actual VST. So for users to have a separate thread to discuss iLOK is preventing that.
I know you dont really want to hear from me but tbh the idea of a sticky on the subject is not a bad idea and one I have thought of. I haven't spoke with other mods about it and tbh what deters me it would add work merging and all. I mean, if I say something belongs in hpc look at the flack I get albeit only from a handful. People are not going to go looking for threads on a subject when they want to rant, they are going to just rant there and then (often in the wrong forum). It would take concentrated cooperation from members across the forum and still be beating up wind in a gale.

With that said instead of talking about this in private with the other mods I'll throw it out here, if enough people wish for such a sticky I'm sure we can do that or at least give it a shot. I completely agree with you that many threads do get killed because of copy protection beefs and that is a shame :)
This thread should not be stickied. There are at least more honest threads in KVR history that reflect better discussion and at least genuine interest in balance on the part of the OP.

Sticky isn't going to make any difference on people's desire to rant, they're still going to create new threads to rant, there are plenty of threads on this topic alone.

As far as threads getting killed because of copy protection, that is really the moderator's job, no? It's largely off topic and it's almost always those almost religiously opposed to a particular method that derail the threads.

JunSev wrote:I'm almost convinced that you have to be working for some company wich support PACE/Ilok or for PACE/Ilok itself, or the same procedures like this, because no everyone do something like this.
I always wonder why people pull such a desperate crap out of their a***holes. What's next, comparing me to Hitler?
JunSev wrote:I believe in liberty
Well, just like i mentioned right from the start:
chk071 wrote:Guess it's more fun to play the rebel revolutionary on forums. And pretend that you are forced to buy dongle protected plugins.

BTW, are you working for Cuba, or North Korea? From what i can tell, you could well be a spy infiltrating these forums, trying to bring down the capitalist west.

:idiot:

JunSev wrote:well this is just a question about preferences and personal decision about how all of us would decide for a near future, what would you like and what you would decide.

the difference between both System is clear for everyone I think, of course when you buy a software in almost many cases you have to do it online and there you recive your "keys", but how we would prefer the key is the remarkable difference and what exactly means, so here we go, the difference between both:

Online registration: 
• you're dependent of the company: you might recive some offers and good deals or probably good rebates, you're in hands of them 
• the keys is owned by the company: you cannot unlock "your" things, the keys aren't yours, they are the owner.
• in some way, you don't have product really, because everything is owned by the company, and probably this case is similar to a rent or sort of permission, but you are in their hands.

Offline registration:
• you're completely independent from the company, but you have to respect the agreement to not copy and paste their product.
• the keys are yours, you're the owner and you don't rely on what could happen with the company, since you make the purchase, is in your hands, you can use it whenever you want.
• the product is yours (with respect of their agreement), at this point all that might happen to your software is about your actions, you are not under permissions anymore, this might help you for preserve your software, since you're independent, is yours the same as a vehicle, laptop, smartphone and like that...

nobody get me wrong I'm not biased to influence on your decision, I already know perfectly what I decided, but we have to think about all this and what means.
don't paid attention to trolls, obviously biased people (or never be conducted by suggestions or manipulation of the media in all aspect), since the dictatorship around the history has taught how entires population has been conducted trough that, and have died for calculated lies...
or sort of robots-people that will say everything in order to support his ideology, your decision is yours.

so yeah, what is your personal decision and explain why?
I will continue saying what I think...

JunSev wrote:by the way, if anyone here don't wanna hear what I'm saying, just don't follow this post and have a good day...
It's not your opinions so much as the globally cataclysmic terms you use to express them. iLok is copy-protection for niche products. I can't imagine more than a few percent of computer users have even heard of it, or even the concept.
Subscription, for instance, is a far worse trend.
Not to mention creeping Americanisms in the English language. :D

what sort of manipulation is this? look how you try to put everything I said in all sort of bad contrast.

you only are making joke because you don't know what to do anymore, I respect you as person to person, but is a nonsense to talk to you when the only thing you do is some jokes and don't even respect different opinions, please have a good day, seriously...

JunSev wrote:I will continue saying what I think...
If you have a point, then that's fair enough. But why do you call people who don't conform to your strange minority opinion as shills? Especially as YOU seem to be the one who seems to be radically fanatic, otherwise you wouldn't spend your whole life telling people what to do on internet forums. Again, if you like to get your point to the people in charge, contact the company, and refrain from buying their plugins. But, again, that is NOT your point. Your point is preaching Djihad. Sorry to exaggerate too, but, it's not too far away from religious fanatism, if you go around, trying to take influence on other people's decisions, like you do. You know, we all got your point now, well enough, and you keep repeating yourself, even quoting your own posts several times. There's really noone you can convert here. :lol:

ghettosynth wrote:
Hink wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:
Hink wrote:just curious, anyone else notice the op has like 113 posts since 2013 and hasn't been back to this thread since they started it? 8 days
Too busy eating popcorn.
As I remember an iLOK dispute where brewing in a thread about an instrument, so the OP took charge and created a thread where users could discuss iLOK exclusively.

I think that was a good move. Many threads about instruments or effects using iLOK get hung up on the iLOK instead of discussing the actual VST. So for users to have a separate thread to discuss iLOK is preventing that.
I know you dont really want to hear from me but tbh the idea of a sticky on the subject is not a bad idea and one I have thought of. I haven't spoke with other mods about it and tbh what deters me it would add work merging and all. I mean, if I say something belongs in hpc look at the flack I get albeit only from a handful. People are not going to go looking for threads on a subject when they want to rant, they are going to just rant there and then (often in the wrong forum). It would take concentrated cooperation from members across the forum and still be beating up wind in a gale.

With that said instead of talking about this in private with the other mods I'll throw it out here, if enough people wish for such a sticky I'm sure we can do that or at least give it a shot. I completely agree with you that many threads do get killed because of copy protection beefs and that is a shame :)
This thread should not be stickied. There are at least more honest threads in KVR history that reflect better discussion and at least genuine interest in balance on the part of the OP.

Sticky isn't going to make any difference on people's desire to rant, they're still going to create new threads to rant, there are plenty of threads on this topic alone.

As far as threads getting killed because of copy protection, that is really the moderator's job, no? It's largely off topic and it's almost always those almost religiously opposed to a particular method that derail the threads.
1st I didn't mean this thread :lol: or :oops: (take your pick) this is a train wreck. I agree with the rest of your post and ftr two mods did their job on this thread alone. I moved the thread from a different forum to ET (which could also explain the absence of the op) and another merged one other ilok thread started with this. There are some topics that are just that way, so it goes :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

JunSev wrote:well for sure I'm not trolling, just take a look at the way how you express everything from the beginning, that's really trolling, because you don't accept what I'm saying and you don't have another thing to do than make joke about everything I said...

I'm almost convinced that you have to be working for some company wich support PACE/Ilok or for PACE/Ilok itself, or the same procedures like this, because no everyone do something like this.

so what is my reason to be here in first place expressing myself like that? simple, I believe in liberty and I have experienced what it is to be with Ilok, I know how it works and I believe that system like this should be removed or at least change all the procedures, with all absolute respect. I have to express that is not ok and it cannot continue for the better of the common people...

there is a terrible future for everyone supporting this sort of procedures, don't be deceived for the media and fake/manipulated accounts, and be careful with these procedures for real to everyone, for a better future for ever!...

:dog:

Out of this madhouse...

Googly Smythe wrote:YOU'RE ALL MAD! I'M THE ONLY SANE PERSON HERE!
chk071 wrote::dog:

Out of this madhouse...

JunSev wrote:there is a terrible future for everyone supporting this sort of procedures, don't be deceived for the media and fake/manipulated accounts, and be careful with these procedures for real to everyone, for a better future for ever!...
"You've got nothing to say, and you're saying it too loudly"

I'm not much onto hierarchies; Certainly none that would be predicated on the amount of time one had been a member of a particular forum. But...FFS!! You've been here for 4 days, and you think it's you who's gonna be schooling folk?

Forgetting all the millions of similar threads that have gone before, it's clear just from this one that most ilok supporters view it as some combination of 'The best of a bad bunch', 'Better the devil you know', and, 'A necessary evil'. And this is post-ilokalypse! It already went to shit, and yet many people STILL feel the positives outweigh the negatives.

Perhaps, rather than trying to desperately argue people out of their preference, you might put your efforts into something worthy. Start with chem-trails, or flat-earth. Maybe then you can progress to how Hitler used fluoride to weaken people's intuition, how we didn't land on the moon, and how 11/9 was an 'inside' job. I'm sure you'll find many other forums who'll be happy to accept your saviour complex.

^^^^^but if you're gonna do it here do it in hpc
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”