What would you buy for $30,000? (Another list thread)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Amram wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
70lbs of 8-voice analog synthesis would be nice no doubt.
Meantime ill stick with Access Virus TI.
The Virus Ti looks like and sounds like a kids toy compared to the shmidt. I'd probably still use one if I had one though.
:borg:

A Waldorf Q, a Virus TI Polar, a Minimoog, a Oberheim Matrix-12, and maybe a Roland JP-8k. On the other hand, this is not THAT much of a hobby that i'd spend 30.000 on it... i'd rather buy a car for that, TBH, if i had it spare. And, i probably couldn't be arsed to maintain those vintage synths anyway.

Hmm... my car I bought for $1000, so maybe 30 cars, or a working Roland CR78...

V0RT3X wrote:The Virus Ti looks like and sounds like a kids toy compared to the shmidt. I'd probably still use one if I had one though.
Actually, MAM, the precedessor of "Schmidt", was more or less in the same league as Quasimidi (though at a later stage).

Nerds may still know the Rave-o-lution, a dirty but also very noisy beast. :party:

I wrote out a list of every upgrade I'm currently planning, then stuff I might buy someday, then stuff I would love to have but can't imagine ever buying... could only come up with about $15k. :hihi:

chk071 wrote:A Waldorf Q, a Virus TI Polar, a Minimoog, a Oberheim Matrix-12, and maybe a Roland JP-8k. On the other hand, this is not THAT much of a hobby that i'd spend 30.000 on it... i'd rather buy a car for that, TBH, if i had it spare.

Oberheim Matrix-12 and expanders are so hard to find 2nd hand now, but yah I'd totally love one as well. Incredible synthesizers.

Jupiter-8's are pretty scarce now too not to mention outrageously expensive :o
Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 9.48.15 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pay off 20% of my student loans for a degree I haven't been able to use since... damn, 1997. 20 years. Oy. Fuuuuck, I've made some bad life choices.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Zombie Queen wrote:Hmm... my car I bought for $1000, so maybe 30 cars, or a working Roland CR78...

A working Roland CR78 can be had on Ebay for much less than $30,000
Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 9.53.40 AM.png

Still pretty expensive though. I'd personally prefer a 8O8 but the CR-78 does has a interesting lo-fi sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0CHoU24Dis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RichieWitch wrote:I wrote out a list of every upgrade I'm currently planning, then stuff I might buy someday, then stuff I would love to have but can't imagine ever buying... could only come up with about $15k. :hihi:

This is the 30K list club :uhuhuh:

:hihi:

Nah, wooden panels.

That's so yesterday sounding.

chk071 wrote:A Waldorf Q, a Virus TI Polar, a Minimoog, a Oberheim Matrix-12, and maybe a Roland JP-8k. On the other hand, this is not THAT much of a hobby that i'd spend 30.000 on it... i'd rather buy a car for that, TBH, if i had it spare. And, i probably couldn't be arsed to maintain those vintage synths anyway.
Yah maintenance on a vintage synthesizer would be a costly pain in the arse. Especially if you had 3-4. Personally if i could afford the money for a vintage synthesizer, i'd probably buy a modern analog instead. If i could afford 3 grand a year on maintenance then I'd probably have no problem with vintage gear.

Whole lot! After I complete my wishlist, there would be still a lot left and I'd spend that on eurorack system. These can growth indefinitely :hihi:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

elassi wrote:
Nah, wooden panels.

That's so yesterday sounding.
I'm watching some videos on this thing, I'm not sure I'd pay $1000 for this thing. It looks like a pain in the butt to program. :?

Actually it looks easier than I thought.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

V0RT3X wrote:A working Roland CR78 can be had on Ebay for much less than $30,000
I know, but I would have to have $30.000 at hand to go for one. Otherwise it's an expensive gadget, but the only drum machine that I really like, never cared about 808's and modern stuff.

hma wrote:weed
You could buy a lot of weed for 30 grand.

If you smoked that much it would probably cause some kind of long term health problem. Not worth it IMO

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”