How to make Native Instruments reverse their decision

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

codec_spurt wrote:Sometimes they just don't write you back - they just ignore you - shitlords - but not in a good way.
Sometimes? Only replies I ever got were that someone would contact me "soon". I'm not sure that really counts as writing back...

They have got back to me every single time. Including once which was support for a freebie.
Usually within two days. Once it was longer.

jancivil wrote:They have got back to me every single time.
Same here.

Kr3eM wrote:
jancivil wrote:I have no idea how one would download something offline
You bloody well know what I was meaning with "offline download" unless you have no concept of context.
Sure:
"they imply I still would be able to download offline updates of my products I have bought before this date. This appear not to be the case..."
Give me a break. I tried to help you, sorting you on the facts. I shan't bother you again, fair enough? Maybe replace your attitude with a semblance of a sense of humor.

I could still download my Kontakt 1.5, right now. Installing it is probably another question.
I supposed to activate I would do what the guy reported running into this with Kontakt 3 did, a support ticket: NI got back with him with an activation code. You have to be online to download and probably to activate now. So, like all my experiences lately to be online, I have to try, as I indicated. If you're in a third or fourth world situation, I'm sorry about that, I really am.

Yeah NI have always been great at getting back to me. Once it took a few days (of course the only time I needed an instant fix), but really their support is pretty great in general, and it should be!

It was Reaktor 6 that made me go Native access and as someone that has spent a LOT of time making my own ensembles, there was no way I was going not have that update. So yeah I really felt like I had no choice. (I guess if it is part of Komplete you have an option to use S.C but it was definitely not an option for me)

Again as someone said earlier people and Companies really don't understand that people still exist without amazing internet. Here in Rural Tasmania I am currently spending 10$ per GIG up/down and that has been my only option for the past 8 months or so. So I'm constantly 'going to town' to leech of my parents and my friends wifi. But I always manage to forget one update or something. So when I am forced to do updates on my 'offline' computer in my studio, sometimes it really hurts!
(We are waiting to get cable put in to our block and wow it will be amazing when I can get reasonable priced data again)
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

No problem with NI support. Always got a reply and promptly, and a result, too.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

funky lime wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Gregorius wrote:But being online with my machine is a no-go for me.
Just wondering, but, why? You won't get any OS, DAW, or any software updates at all on that machine then. You have to maintain it completely by carrying over files from a online machine. I really don't get why people would do that, would be a huge PITA for me.
I once lived in a house for 2 years that had no internet or TV. I recorded more music in those 2 years than I have in the rest of my life combined. I never got new plugins or sample libraries or updates. I never got on forums. I had what I had, and I used it like crazy. I didn't even know if new versions came out, so I never had that whole GAS/FOMO thing going on. I never had to run antivirus, or anti-malware software. In fact, I disabled most of the Windows services that had anything to do with networking altogether. If I didn't rely on the internet for most of my income nowadays, I'd go back to that lifestyle. Hopefully someday soon, I will.
This is an interesting thread, and perhaps it is not simply about Native Instruments, but rather about modern living, if you are using a computer...

Unlikely, in my view, that N.I. will change the way they are currently operating, in regards to Native Access and all that stuff.

chk071 wrote:
Gregorius wrote:But being online with my machine is a no-go for me.
Just wondering, but, why? You won't get any OS, DAW, or any software updates at all on that machine then. You have to maintain it completely by carrying over files from a online machine. I really don't get why people would do that, would be a huge PITA for me.

I was the same, a few years ago, but I also changed my mind and went online. Will never go back again, ever. Updates are done faster and easier, you have instant access to online resources.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Interesting how different NI's support is for different people. I had a mix of the two. Firstly, forget the forum, didn't even get a single reply.

So Native Access completely screwed my system (quelle surprise). NI's initial response when I contacted them was that it was Window's fault and to contact them. Hmm, I'm sure if I contact Microsost and discuss a piece of software called Kontakt I'm going to get the virtual equivalent of a blank stare.

I lost my rag, wrote a rude response,?told them that every other bit of software on my system worked fine, so as far as I was concerned it was their problem.

Oddly this rude tactic worked and they sent me a utility to uninstall Kontakt (NA couldn't do it) and then I could do a fresh install from NA and it all worked. So it was nothing to do with Windows then.

I also balled them out about not providing proper installers, just these stupid ISO files. I mean when was the last time anyone installed from a DVD? Just give me a fan .exe file ffs!

jancivil wrote:
Kr3eM wrote:
jancivil wrote:I have no idea how one would download something offline
You bloody well know what I was meaning with "offline download" unless you have no concept of context.
Sure:
"they imply I still would be able to download offline updates of my products I have bought before this date. This appear not to be the case..."
Give me a break. I tried to help you, sorting you on the facts. I shan't bother you again, fair enough? Maybe replace your attitude with a semblance of a sense of humor.
Fair enuff, lost in translation. I'll give you a break. But you have not understood what I was trying to say...or you mixing up my comments with others. Anyhow, no need to waste your time on me, but an honest thank you for your intention to help...(and that's not sarcasm or a joke just to be clear)

Kr3eM wrote: Well it's rather unclear, as far as I know the latest {edit: Kontakt } version available for offline download is KONTAKT 5.6.6. So it should state "Versions of Products released before September 1, 2016.."

By saying products they imply I still would be able to download offline updates of my products I have bought before this date. This appear not to be the case...
I replied with this in mind, actually.

And as I have pointed out, I have downloaded a couple in the last year, full installers for eg., Kontakt 4 and Kore 2. Them's the facts. There are the screenshots showing where to get them. Now both of those were a PITA to activate. I don't remember getting Kontakt 4 done actually (the point was to get a few things from the Factory Library on here, and I did, instantiating them in K5).
But I believe that if I persisted with NI support they will have sorted it, as they did the member here who posted the happy ending with his Kontakt 3 activation.

It seems probable that you will have to get access to the internet to do it.

Terrafractyl wrote:So I'm constantly 'going to town' to leech of my parents and my friends wifi.
Made me laugh. Back to the teen years :lol:

Is there no 4G in where you live? I have 21Mbit internet on my phone that I can also share with my laptop or (if I needed/wanted) pc. 10€/month unlimited usage.

Hi all,

I do not know if this is linked to the NI decision about off-line activation, but I am afraid it is.
And therefore there is a big new issue even with on-line activation.
Since September, Native Access is using a new activation process which is supposed to create a folder named "ras3" in the folder : C:\Users\Public\Documents\Native Instruments\Native Access\ras3
where it puts activation code (*.jwt files).

For an unknown reason (probably my Windows settings ?) it does not create this folder on this drive but on another drive like F:\Parameters\Public\Native Instruments\Native Access\ras3

Consequence is that none of the products recently installed/activated by NA are recognized as "activated". For example, none of my Maschine expansions is working in Maschine (error message: "please activate in NA").

Has anyone the same problem ?
NI assistance is just useless and claiming this is a Windows issue (as someone already mentioned above, it seems to be quite usual at NI not to recognize their crappy programming)...

Please help !!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”