What is the best concert you've ever went to?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Top peformance is a tie between Taiko drummers and Marilyn Manson.

Best best experiences were always at raves.
Because of drugs, and hot single women. :)
Hard to find a best, but the rustbelt in the 90s was really really an amazing thing. :party:
ImageImageImageImage

Maybe not the "best", but the funniest and one of the most memorable was German punk band Terrorgruppe. Note that this is NSFW ;)

The band has a bit of a habit of pissing about and not taking themselves too seriously. One of their album songs is called "Super-sexy jam session with Bo Diddley" (in German though), and features about 8 minutes of awful noodling and no Bo Diddley.

Anyway, they started the gig with a lot of terrible puns. About halfway through the show, the singer announces that it's time to play a game, and asks for a male volunteer from the audience. Some guy goes up on the stage and the rules of the game are explained. Very simple:
"I hold your dick and you hold mine, and the first one to laugh loses".

So they both drop their trousers and play this game on stage. And for a good 15 seconds or so they both kept straight faces. Then the singer yanks the volunteer. A yank back. Goes on for another 10 or so seconds like this with some added tickling before the singer cracks up and the concert continues.

Not exactly high-brow entertainment, but also not the sort of thing you forget that quickly.

Most intense was Ramones at the Brixton Academy. I was pretty young and had never experienced anything quite like it (and haven't really since). We actually turned up with no tickets, and by pure chance managed to pick up a pair at pretty much the nominal price. Fortune favours the brave!

Prince...Springsteen..Bowie...DEVO.

Tool. Phenomenal sound, fantastic audience.

Stop Making Sense
Awesome

Kiss.
Mexico Palacio de los Deportes 1994.
Mexico city.

Hink wrote:
PurpleCatfishBettie wrote:Elton John -- Seattle 1974
did kiki dee open for him? I saw that tour in Boston
yep... kiki dee (:

PurpleCatfishBettie wrote:
Hink wrote:
PurpleCatfishBettie wrote:Elton John -- Seattle 1974
did kiki dee open for him? I saw that tour in Boston
yep... kiki dee (:
:tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Tj Shredder wrote:Must have been around '87 - Lau fura dels baus at Tempodrom in Berlin.
i was there too and yes, what a performance and the audience was part of the show! :love:

here you get an admittedly superficial glimpse of a Fura Dels Baus performance from the 80´s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByYICOtQ8pY
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”