Where do you get your tabs?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hate ultimate guitar. Apparently gprotab is having backend issues.

I'm thinking of resurrecting my own domain and putting in a repository of finger style pop/rock and chord melody jazz I've got a huge collection over the years
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Does OLGA still exist? That's where I used to get my tabs, though a large percentage of them were wrong. YouTube is the new OLGA for me, and some guitarists will link to tabs on their websites.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

haven't taken acid in over 30 yrs now

Bombadil wrote:Does OLGA still exist? That's where I used to get my tabs, though a large percentage of them were wrong. YouTube is the new OLGA for me, and some guitarists will link to tabs on their websites.
All transcriptions are interpretative to a greater or lesser degree. More so when it comes to finger style and chord/melody arrangements. If you listen to jazz standards many were drawn from motion picture arrangements very rarely did artists perform the material as first conceived. In fact it's a hallmark to the artist how they choose to interpret the piece.

OLGA was shut down as the owners were threatened with civil action and they couldn't handle the legal costs. I wish I could find the link that cleared the air on the legality of sharing transcriptions.

jancivil wrote:haven't taken acid in over 30 yrs now
What's stopping you?

pain. it makes one more aware of the body to say the least.

unsure about 'smoking tabs'...

I used to get them from the tab shop until I gave them up (about 25 years ago). ;)

jancivil wrote:pain. it makes one more aware of the body to say the least.

unsure about 'smoking tabs'...
my last time was 90 or 91, to say the least is understatement when it comes to making one aware of just about every body function. I never thought about pain though as I suffer from no chronic pain ('cept for migraines) but yeah, I can only imagine how bad that would be :scared:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I have a very clear memory of having ingested mushrooms (probably smoked 'em) in 1988 with a friend and wandering around the Embarcadero, north of Market towards the wharf. I suppose it's just not that intense anyway. We used to take this very clean acid in the late 80s while smoking Persian, the latter taking the edge off physically. So that's 1970 through most of 1987 (when I got hurt) using LSD. I took my music theory finals still blazing. 96 with 4 pts taken off for what I found later is actually known as "Mozart fifths" which I think there was no way to avoid. Essentially I aced the mufo. First time I took it I admitted it to my mother who thought I was sick.

jancivil wrote: unsure about 'smoking tabs'...
its a uk thing, cigs, fags, tabs, all means cigarettes along with many more.

i think tabs is north east, geordies.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I used to get them from the tab shop until I gave them up (about 25 years ago). ;)
Oh, CIGS. I hadda google, and even here, it was slang fr. Newcastle-on-Thames.

and, even so, there were questions about the efficacy of smoking tabs OF ACID.

ps: bloody musicians, always bringing it round to drugs.

kids, don't do drugs!

back to the pre-hijacked portion of the thing

I never looked at tablature, I don't want to go by someone else's idea of fingerings for the idea. it might be good for getting ideas for 'tapping', no pun intended.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”