What are your 3 favourite sounds ever? (AKA another high quality thread idea...)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,

I know that you fine people love Top 3 List threads here on KVR (which you then disobey and post about 11 answers for :x :x ).

So, what 3 sounds in life make you most happy?

They can be anything: cuckoos twittering, trance sirens in Dutch warehouses, pebbles plopping into streams, Aston 'Family Man' Barrett's famous 1970's bass sound, you farting onto bed springs to 'test out the resonance'...

Mine would be:

1) Young children laughing.
(there is something particularly wonderful about the sound of unselfconscious joy found in people not yet teenagers).

2) A hotel bell which gives a reassuring 'ping'.

3) ''The traditional sounds of an English summer, the drone of lawnmowers, the smack of leather on willow..'' (to quote a famous Orb song).

Hence, what three sonic beauties do you know of and love?

Cheers,
DW

1) whole heartedly agree, kids playing and laughing. most especially kids who haven't yet managed language as we as adults know it, but still have conversations that they seem to both understand and laugh at the same point, its like toddlers have their own secret language :hihi:

2) general animal noise, so long as its not an animal in distress, dog chained in a garden kind of thing. but i love hearing say one dog bark once, then you hear it get passed around by other dogs in earshot.
cats when they push at your ankles for strokes and make that loud mew, you cant resist bending down to nuzzle behind their ears.
the local birds out back, i have a small part of the mersey forest behind my house so we get a nice selection of birds, from crows with their almost aggressive caw! to various songbirds twittering and doves cooing. not to mention an owl i hear later on :)

3) a reet good thunderstorm!

- crickets
- blackbirds
- heavy rain

Insects—especially cicadas, crickets
Birds—songbirds, mockingbirds
Feedback—stringed instruments>fx>large stacks

But i could go on and on...there’s so much good sound and very little that i don’t like.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

meh ...
errrm ...
arrrrggghhh ...

The sounds of the forest;
The sound of the ocean;
The sounds of silence.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Only three! That doesn't even cover the different fart sounds I enjoy :scared:

- Reversed audio.
- Cats purring.
- Tibetan Singing Bowls

1) Young children shouting.

2) Loud farting.

3) The screech of chalk on a blackboard.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

No particular order

Kids playing happily.

Someone singing from their soul.

A voice with integrity and conviction and the best interest of all mankind at heart.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: - Tibetan Singing Bowls
or slightly: know any good uk sources? wouldn't mind a few tones :)

The reggae coming from downstairs at 3am

The scrutter couple from down the road arguing in the car park at 4am ("Where's me f**king phone Niall? You're in big f**king trouble now" etc etc)

Washburn kc-20v super(cough)strat through 3 watt Marshall amp when leathered.

1)The sound of my voice when I announce over the DJ mic "ladies and gentlemen, this next song WILL be the last song of the evening!!" I think 26 yrs of being a professional Wedding DJ is finally taking its toll! Lol

2) The silence and the gentle hum of my car whilst driving home after a gig

3) water rushing gently in a brook.

surreal wrote:1)The sound of my voice when I announce over the DJ mic "ladies and gentlemen, this next song WILL be the last song of the evening!!" I think 26 yrs of being a professional Wedding DJ is finally taking its toll! Lol
uk?
please please tell me you still spin the nolans! :hyper: :oops:

vurt wrote:
surreal wrote:1)The sound of my voice when I announce over the DJ mic "ladies and gentlemen, this next song WILL be the last song of the evening!!" I think 26 yrs of being a professional Wedding DJ is finally taking its toll! Lol
uk?
please please tell me you still spin the nolans! :hyper: :oops:
Absolutely!! I'm in the mood for dancing is always a goto hit song of the 70's :clap:

But my fav 70'disco track still stays the original 12" Vinyl of Lipps Inc- Funky Town and Boys Town Gang-Can't Take my Eyes off You :tu:

I am based in South Africa but I DJ for all Races, Cultures and Music preferances :phones:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”