Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

crimsonwarlock wrote:
AusDisciple wrote:Oh yeah, I'll have to take some new photo's of my current studio setup and post them here. I've finished rebuilding my false ceiling and redesigned the keyboard rig layout underneath it. The keyboard rig now has a few additional keyboards too (just in case it wasn't big enough before!!) :D
I like to see your progress there as well. I'm going to start building basstraps, hopefully next weekend or some such. After that I'm thinking about slot resonators.
They make a big difference and well worth the effort. You probably saw the post but here's what I just added to my REAPER forum topic....

Here's a couple of pics of the new keyboard setup. At the top, you can see the new false ceiling panel. At the back on the left is my large corner bass trap and in the middle at the back is a large dampening panel to remove wall reflections.
The main mix position and main monitors are located where the camera is in front of the sofa.
The two Auratones with the ribbon tweeters visible in the second shot are the surround channels.

Click the images for high res images.

Left (top to bottom):
Roland System 700 analog sequencer,
Yamaha TX802 FM rack synth,
Frostwave Quad MIDI-CV converter,
Roland System 100 analog synth and sequencer,
Yamaha KX8 88 note weighted controller,
Boss SE50 multi FX unit (far left),
Sony Vaio Duo 11 running REAPER with Big Rock phaser, Night Flight string synth and BlueARP arpeggiator (next to System 700 sequencer).

Middle (top to bottom):
Roland Juno 6 analog synth,
Yamaha DX7 Mk1 FM synth,
Yamaha SY77 AFM and AWM synth workstation,
Roland SH09 analog synth,
Yamaha trumpet.

Right (top to bottom):
Floppy disk box with SY77 floppies,
Digidesign MBox 2 Pro,
Yamaha 31 band EQ,
Roland JX-3P analog synth with PG200 programmer,
Roland Juno 106 analog synth,
Hammond organ and Leslie speaker,
Yamaha NP31 digital piano (used mainly as controller for Night Flight string synth).

Keyboard rig MK2 close view:

Also visible in this shot...

Right (middle to bottom):
Mackie Onyx 1640 firewire mixer,
Yamaha 1204 mixer,
Mackie Onyx 1620 firewire mixer,
Wah pedal.
On the sofa is my cat Neo, sound asleep.

Keyboard rig MK2 wide view:

Wifey's Pipa next to my Martin DM, modded Moog Etherwave (2 extra low octaves):

'74 Ric 4001, Gibson ES335, Fender American Strat, SX Strat Clone, Fred's Own Brand Nylon String:

Dotcom & 3rd Party Modular:

M-Audio Axiom 61 2nd Gen, Mellotron M400 w/6 Frames:

Hammond SK1, Streetly M4000 Mellotron:

Wall rubbing from inside the training hall of the Shaolin Temple made by one of the cast of the movie by the same name (Jet Li's first), but given to me by a different cast member:

Missing are my Blofeld desktop and MOTM Modular.

I'm assuming that M400 is the source of the RedTron sounds? :love:

seismic1 wrote:I'm assuming that M400 is the source of the RedTron sounds? :love:
It's the source of the Redtron SE sounds, but not the other two Redtrons, which are excellent in their own right :)

taijiguy, that is a very cool collection of vintage (and modern) gear. Love the modular and the Mellotrons. 8)

AusDisciple wrote:taijiguy, that is a very cool collection of vintage (and modern) gear. Love the modular and the Mellotrons. 8)
Thanks! I just wish there was enough room in here for a B3/Leslie and a set of drums.

A quick pic of how I custom-fitted my recently-bought Radias.

Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:A quick pic of how I custom-fitted my recently-bought Radias.

Nice one!

Yeah thats a pretty cool idea!
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Aah, I also see another familiar gizmo in that picture :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

michat wrote:Nice one!
faun2500 wrote:Yeah thats a pretty cool idea!
Thanks. Just like with the original keybard, this is how it's meant to be set up.
crimsonwarlock wrote:Aah, I also see another familiar gizmo in that picture :D
I wouldn't imagine making drum tracks without the padKONTROL. It's such a nifty controller.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

[quote="KartenI wouldn't imagine making drum tracks without the padKONTROL. It's such a nifty controller.[/quote]

Got an Akai MPD and love it!
Just take a bdaly cut and played drumloop, let Kontakt cut it into 8 slices and there ya go! Pure 90's HipHop feeling :D
It's unbelievable how fast I'm triggering the beats how they should be just by listening to the groove and let my fingers go.

Next step: NI Maschine :D

taijiguy wrote:
Thanks! I just wish there was enough room in here for a B3/Leslie and a set of drums.
I have the drums covered but I hear you on the B3... and I'll raise you an extra Leslie (stereo Leslies FTW) ;)

Awesome thread. I'll post soon.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”