Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

macmurphy wrote:
rob_lee wrote:
macmurphy wrote:my humble setup.

my audio interface and a couple of compressors are in the shadows above the left speaker.

That looks nice n cosy.. i could sit there all night for sure :-0
Nice stuff mate

Rob
thank you Rob.
Your welcome, i like that Mopho.. would look very nice in my studio HINT HINT!
Seriously that little area you have there looks very nice and cosy :-)

Rob

4lb Kitty wrote:
macmurphy wrote:i'd post a picture as well, but a pic of a computer, mopho keyboard, speakers and audio interface would just look boring compared to most of these :cry:
4lb Kitty wrote:Here's my pathetic "studio":

;)
I think the term "studio" has been thrown off over the year because having a lot of hardware was the only option at one point. Really, a studio is just the name for an artist's workspace.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote: Really, a studio is just the name for an artist's workspace.
umm, duuuuuh....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

djanthonyw wrote:
4lb Kitty wrote:
macmurphy wrote:i'd post a picture as well, but a pic of a computer, mopho keyboard, speakers and audio interface would just look boring compared to most of these :cry:
4lb Kitty wrote:Here's my pathetic "studio":

;)
I think the term "studio" has been thrown off over the year because having a lot of hardware was the only option at one point. Really, a studio is just the name for an artist's workspace.
No matter how cluttered it is. :hihi:
Blue Phase Music

whyterabbyt wrote:
djanthonyw wrote: Really, a studio is just the name for an artist's workspace.
umm, duuuuuh....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio
Yes... and I also wrote this...
djanthonyw wrote:I think the term "studio" has been thrown off over the year because having a lot of hardware was the only option at one point.
My point is that terms get thrown around, and I was just saying that there's no reason for someone to feel inadequate for a work area with a small amount of equipment.
You are currently reading my signature.

+1 It's been proven many times over... (especially around here!) that it absolutely does NOT matter what you have. It's what you do with what you have that counts! :)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

i completely agree. i've had more bits and pieces in the past and they've tended to get in the way of my creativity. i just work better with a minimalist set up.

i wouldn't say no to a Prophet 12 though :wink:

... one thing I've noticed is that the actual space and layout of the actual studio ROOM makes most of the difference, i.e. for when you don't have heaps and heaps of racks and gear.

It's like having a PC setup with a midi controller stuffed in the corner of your drab upperstairs second bedroom, as opposed to having that same gear, center-stage in the middle of a 2000 sw ft acoustically treated room...

... with a lava lamp of course.

:wink:

Case in point (minus the expensive compressors etc. on the right!)

:roll:

Edit: FYI that is not my space, it's from a Mastering dude I found on GS back in the day -- I think he's a Danish guy which would explain everything! :)

will do for now...

macmurphy wrote:
my humble setup.

i wouldn't say no to a Prophet 12 though :wink:

Yes, the Prophet 12 would suit you very nicely.

I expect your virtual signal path ITB is awesome for all the external minimalism.

polyslax wrote:

that is one beautiful stripped to the essentials guitar. The blue whale they do is just about the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

OzWozEre wrote:

Edit: FYI that is not my space, it's from a Mastering dude
Well that explains they keyboard controller :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I'm not Hans Zimmer and this is my real studio. please excuse
the mess. Just out of sight behind the pink curtain is my Matrix12, memmorymoog and Waldorf WAVE. :oops:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

nice socks layzer

layzer wrote:Image
I'm not Hans Zimmer and this is my real studio. please excuse
the mess. Just out of sight behind the pink curtain is my Matrix12, memmorymoog and Waldorf WAVE. :oops:
Whatever works. :)
Blue Phase Music

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”