Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the compactness of your arrangement foo, but I would advise a better safer place to put cups of water. That filing cab for instance, pull it out 4 inches and set water there... that's what I do!

I used to use a desk, now I'm modular.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Totally going to steal your inverted closet shelf in a keyboard rack idea. This weekend, in fact. I have an extra shelf and a similar need for a flexible and functional shelf for small gear.

Dug around the internet and found some pictures of my old stuff I'd uploaded to various places years ago...

My old hardware from around 2002... Cubase SX on a 15" monitor. Them good old days :P

and again around 2008'ish

With hindsight , I should have kept hold of the TB303 and TR909 :)

https://wickfut.imgbb.com/
Last edited by wickfut on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

foosnark wrote: Image
I like this one. Tight and clean, but everything is there :)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Not that it deserves to be called studio but anyway

You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Not that it deserves to be called studio but anyway
Yeah, but you have a Virus, which IMO is the greatest synth ever made.

wickfut wrote: a Virus, which IMO is the greatest synth ever made.
Sure. It gets a lot of use here, in fact more than those shiny new software synths.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

wickfut wrote: My old hardware from around 2002... Cubase SX on a 15" monitor. Them good old days :P

I really want that rack on the right. :P

chk071 wrote: I really want that rack on the right. :P
The only thing on that rack I'd buy again is the Supernova II. Strange how the price of that little silver box next to it could buy that entire rack twice over now.

okay my studio is pretty much the way it's going to stay for awhile. I still have the "granny knitting room" wallpaper but it will get more covered with stuff. The sound treatment is minimal but effective, I dont mix at loud volumes.

Now here's the cool thing, that open door leads right to my living room. I added a speaker selector switch to my monitors and put two 12" stage monitors in the living room. I have a nice stereo with vintage Polk Audio speakers with a 400 watt Sub (on the opposite wall is the companion Polk MS-4's). My studio soundcard allows me plenty of sends so I can send my song/project mix to my stereo and just my guitar through my monitor power amp and bang I have a live room. I can lay down guitar tracks in there with no headphones, great sound, not cramped in, standing and really get into it.

Of course I have my mood lights in both rooms :hihi:...but now I have a control room and a live room...sort of...still better than anything I ever had or could have dreamed of 20 years ago.

Not pictured are the two ESP's or my Roland A33 76 key controller, the Akai is doing well for me so the Roland is in the closet for now

For S&G...20 years ago with my Akai DPS12, Yamaha RX-17 drum machine, Marshall pre, and Sansamp

Image3-13-2017 7;48;49 PM by imhink, on Flickr
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Looks like a great space, Hink! I hope you're having a lot of fun. :)

My real studio:

Drumset:

Vocals:

@ Hink
Hi Hink. Being a bass/guitar player myself, I was surprised to see you still use a desk chair with armrests.
Looks like the sort of setup where you can have musician friends come by to play as well? Unfortunately, my space no longer allows me that pleasure.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

I sit on the edge of the chair when I'm playing, that chair the armrests are far enough back it works well. I could have people over, that would be cool. I have a "mud room" also off the the living room that is a perfect size drum room. I'm using it for storage right now but that's temporary. I'm in the country now so I dont have to worry about disturbing neighbors, but also I haven't many people yet let alone musicians. But I hope to find some people to jam with, working on it.

I want to point out that despite being free as a bird when it comes to cranking it up I still use the isolation cabinet. The feed that goes to my monitors whether it the living room, the studio monitors or headphones is the same signal from my iso cab mics I am recording monitored with fx (Lexicon MX-400) which are recorded to another track. The living room floor monitors sound great with just my guitar and the rest of the mix going through my stereo system is very nice for many reasons. (connected with digital coax) I call my living room my cocoon of sound, it's actually 7.1 but for the studio or listening to music it's 2.1 channel (no surround) front/back/sub. Just by changing the output on the master of mixer in Samp Pro X2 I can switch between the studio monitors or the living room which gives me quick access to see how the mix would sound from 2 channels up to 7.1 surround. I cant mix 7.1 though, that would require Sequoia.

My old friend/nemesis feedback has returned, I can set it all right at the perfect volume, which is not that loud, to be able to get very controllable feedback and room to step back avoid feedback. Pretty much the best playing environment I have ever had, I plan on doing some serious interior changes so then I will spend more for better sound treatment. But for now it's very comfortable, I do play a lot more now since my loss. Many have much nicer but I feel blessed to have what I have now :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”