Indian percussion loops needed

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi ,

I wanted some good high quality loops of indian percussion like tabla , mirudhangam , etc . Can you guys let me know any plugin library for that ?
High quality preferred .

Thanks

Until what price?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Doesn't matter . Need good quality

I remember this discussion a few months ago with you. And many links to developers were provided. I found some to be quite good, although I didn't spring for them at the time since it was during a high sale season across the internet. Since the discussion then also came from you for the same subject, I ask, what did you find from those?

(BTW, this should probably be more appropriate in the 'Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries' sub forum.)

Here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

This one is pretty good an is on sale now at Loopmaster.com

http://www.loopmasters.com/genres/44-Wo ... a-Krishnan

I bought it a long time ago when I was looking for some different stuff to shove into Guru.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Correction: I did spring for a couple during the sales. But I tend to go for the keyed instruments over any loops. I did get the EthnoWorld 5 as two separate licenses (one for Professional, one for Voices) And I've yet to find any real use for the Voices. I picked up a couple from Precision Sounds also.
Still interested in your opinions from the last time you asked about this though.

BlackWinny wrote:These two lists are by descending price.

Those are excellent: Those are very good: There are many others... but totally without any interest for a real good work.

There is no secret... when it is to emulate acoustic instruments, the quality has a cost.
Thanks for the list . Awesome work !!
I am mostly looking for high qualit tabla loops as of now ..

vignesh.vijay wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:These two lists are by descending price.

Those are excellent: Those are very good: There are many others... but totally without any interest for a real good work.

There is no secret... when it is to emulate acoustic instruments, the quality has a cost.
Thanks for the list . Awesome work !!
I am mostly looking for high qualit tabla loops as of now ..
Soundiron Tablas is very good if you focus especially on tablas. And it is probably even the best product to be focused on tablas.
I have it in wav (being buddhist I play essentially indian-chinese-japanese music, even if mixed modern with traditional), and really if you focus on tablas, I recommend it.

You can hear some mp3 examples here on their website.

And for chinese and japanese percussions I use TAO Percussions which is included free in the bundle TAO Series.

BlackWinny wrote: ...(being buddhist I play essentially indian-chinese-japanese music, even if mixed modern with traditional).

One does not constitute the other in such sweeping distortions.

I have quite a few 'buddhist' friends that play punk and metal only.
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

BBFG# wrote:
vignesh.vijay wrote: ...(being buddhist I play essentially indian-chinese-japanese music, even if mixed modern with traditional).

Hello BBFG#. It's not vignesh.vijay who wrote that, it was me.

And be quiet... Even being buddhist and playing traditional music, it doesn't prevent me to play many other things. When someone tells that he plays a kind of music doesn't mean that he doesn't plays (or even like) the other kinds of music. I can listen to Led Zeppelin, Van Halen or Dream Theatre with pleasure as well as Hariprasad Chaurasia, Zhang Wei-liang, or Gorō Yamaguchi.

Why in the mind of some people the fact to say one loves a kind of music would necessarily say that he doesn't love others? Here in this thread vignesh.vijay and me we are talking about traditional asian music (he indian, me of chinese origins), not about punk or metal. it's our right to talk about what we like without having to hear unpleasant remarks from others, no?

Shit! There are places where it's never possible to talk quietly with someone without having critics from others who come only to criticize!

Nice info!

I didn't know this one. Hans Zimmer (at the bottom of the page), yes... but this website and their products, no I didn't know. An opportunity to try and listen... Thanks!
:tu:

BlackWinny wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
BlackWinny wrote: ...(being buddhist I play essentially indian-chinese-japanese music, even if mixed modern with traditional).

And be quiet... Even being buddhist and playing traditional music, it doesn't prevent me to play many other things. When someone tells that he plays a kind of music doesn't mean that he doesn't plays (or even like) the other kinds of music. I can listen to Led Zeppelin, Van Halen or Dream Theatre with pleasure as well as Hariprasad Chaurasia, Zhang Wei-liang, or Gorō Yamaguchi.

Why in the mind of some people the fact to say one loves a kind of music would necessarily say that he doesn't love others? Here in this thread vignesh.vijay and me we are talking about traditional asian music (he indian, me of chinese origins, not about punk or metal. it's our right to talk about what we like without having to hear unpleasant remarks from others, no?
Quote corrected. My point is that your religion does not make your statements any more authoritive. And with your last comment, you only confirm what I said.
Why in the mind of some people to say the fact to claim a religious authority would give them any higher ground over what is essentially a premise in genre or even a fusion between them over others? If this is unpleasant to you, as a buddhist, you know it's only your own perception that makes it so. Perhaps 'being quiet' is something you should have considered first.

BBFG# wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
BBFG# wrote:

Why in the mind of some people the fact to say one loves a kind of music would necessarily say that he doesn't love others? Here in this thread vignesh.vijay and me we are talking about traditional asian music (he indian, me of chinese origins, not about punk or metal. it's our right to talk about what we like without having to hear unpleasant remarks from others, no?
Quote corrected. My point is that your religion does not make your statements any more authoritive. And with your last comment, you only confirm what I said.
Why in the mind of some people to say the fact to claim a religious authority would give them any higher ground over what is essentially a premise in genre or even a fusion between them over others? If this is unpleasant to you, as a buddhist, you know it's only your own perception that makes it so. Perhaps 'being quiet' is something you should have considered first.
Why the hell the fact to mention a philosophy or a religion just as a UNIQUE word is being taken as an authority!
There are crowds or traditional music which are related to ways of life, religions, etc. throughout the world!
Do you behave the same when in a thread someone talks about Gospel? And Christian Metal, and Carnatic music, and Gamelan, and so many others?

Keep the people live as they want!
By telling A UNIQUE word, did I do an apology?

No!

So let the people live as they want!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”