Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
dandezebra
KVRian
 
624 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA
I don't know either of you or care about either of your opinions but I know that deeply everyone else only cares deeply about my opinions, not yours. Just wanted to let you know that, so to help you both gain some better perspective because maybe if you knew that you weren't' me, then you'd understand the futility of arguing and sharing your opinions on such topics, especially since there's a chance the internet might break if you continuing filling it with so many useless characters. FACT


Finally, someone else putting something humor into this thread. At my expense? Oh well. :tu: Though, 9 of my 18 posts in this thread are actually asking people's opinions instead of sharing mine but I can't expect everyone to actually read every useless characters in a thread before posting. :wink:

Thanks for the laugh!

Oh, and to the OP - you brought up owning EW on page 6 of the thread as a comparison to Spitfire... which was why I brought it up.
As to your other points... Ummmmmmmm, I'm not sure.

Thanks for the nice summary by the way ghetto!
pixie.army
KVRer
 
23 posts since 16 Jul, 2013
EvilDragon wrote:
pixie.army wrote:Like I said, either NI has seen those projections already, or they will see them very soon.


Luckily NI doesn't really NEED to go SaaS because they've got really successful hardware product ranges which cannot really be subscription based, and actually secures them a great chunk of their turnaround :)

So yeah, I'm pretty sure they saw those projections, and threw them in the bin and continued to focus on their hardware business. :)


See ya in 5 years where things will still be pretty much the same in the sample library realm! It's pretty much a cottage industry, it doesn't need to follow the steps of huge corporations like MS or Adobe. :) There's only ONE sample library developer that's gone SaaS (EW), others with equally huge product ranges aren't even thinking of doing it (i.e. Vienna, Spitfire, etc.). I don't see how OS being SaaS has any bearing on the software that it's running on that OS (especially with W10 being heavily backwards compatible). It doesn't and will not force every software developer to make their product(s) as a service, it's a false dichotomy.


Native Instruments just launched a subscription service this week for sound libraries.

https://sounds.com/

Care to still argue Native Instruments isn't looking at this business model? Now that they are actively using it? :D

Or perhaps you'll still take the absurd position that this kind of direction won't ever be expanded into other product lines? Of course, now you have to move your argument from "they'll never use this business model"...which they're now using....to "they'll never use it for certain products."

Honestly man, after having to read your terribly uninformed spectulation about the Intel bug on various forums / threads, understand I'm truly skeptical that you actually understand anything about most of the issues you seem to never stop commenting on.
DarkStar
KVRAF
 
8492 posts since 2 Sep, 2003, from Surrey, UK
I do not think that that is is a Native Instruments company? The web site does say "Powered by Native Instruments" but I do not know what that means. Its offering is "with pro-grade, royalty-free loops and samples from over 200 trusted suppliers including Native Instruments, The Loop Loft, MVP Loops and Symphonic Distribution.".

And the General Inquiries (sic) address is Sounds Unlimited, Inc., 6725 Sunset Boulevard, 5th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90028
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
mcbpete
KVRian
 
1185 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England
DarkStar wrote:And the General Inquiries (sic) address is Sounds Unlimited, Inc., 6725 Sunset Boulevard, 5th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90028
If you google that address that's the address for Native Instruments USA, but yeah apparently "Sounds.com is overseen by Native Instruments’ chief digital officer Matthew Adell, who told The Verge that though Sounds.com appears to be a website at face value, it is absolutely a “cloud-based service.”

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/17/1689 ... sounds-com
mcbpete
KVRian
 
1185 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England
Double post.
User avatar
dandezebra
KVRian
 
624 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA
It doesn't really resonate at all as being the same as EW or Roland as it is not all NI and I haven't seen or heard anything about a subscription to cloud Komplete...I do get what you are saying though.

Damn it, I thought this thread was finally dead!

Pixie, I don't know anything about you or what speculation you are talking about from ED with intel, but you come across as having judged him pretty quickly. Of course, I could be totally wrong. The vast majority of his posts that I have read all over here and elsewhere have been spot on and he obviously knows his stuff. Just my opinion though. :P
DarkStar
KVRAF
 
8492 posts since 2 Sep, 2003, from Surrey, UK
mcbpete wrote:..., but yeah apparently "Sounds.com is overseen by Native Instruments’ chief digital officer Matthew Adell, who told The Verge that though Sounds.com appears to be a website at face value, it is absolutely a “cloud-based service.”

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/17/1689 ... sounds-com


But ....
Download all you need
Listen to everything for free, save favorites in your personal library, then download sounds as and when you need them. Infinite possibilities, all quickly accessible and ready-to-use, so you can keep focused on what matters: getting creative.

Unless they get whacked at some stage after downloading?
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
mcbpete
KVRian
 
1185 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England
So because of that clause you're saying it's not a Native Instruments company?
User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
 
16759 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia
dandezebra wrote:It doesn't really resonate at all as being the same as EW or Roland as it is not all NI and I haven't seen or heard anything about a subscription to cloud Komplete...I do get what you are saying though.


It is not AT ALL the same as what Roland and EW are doing. sounds.com consists of individual samples and loops but not ACTUAL Kontakt libraries or ACTUAL Reaktor ensembles. This is geared towards Maschine/Traktor crowd, not Komplete crowd. Pixie could read my post a bit better, when I said "sample library realm", I meant libraries for Kontakt. Not loop packs, oneshots and somesuch. Those are not sample libraries in the actual sense of the word. So, it's a completely different service intended for a completely different market than the one NI's Komplete product range caters. Take from it what you will.
User avatar
dandezebra
KVRian
 
624 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA
EvilDragon wrote:
dandezebra wrote:It doesn't really resonate at all as being the same as EW or Roland as it is not all NI and I haven't seen or heard anything about a subscription to cloud Komplete...I do get what you are saying though.


It is not AT ALL the same as what Roland and EW are doing. sounds.com consists of individual samples and loops but not ACTUAL Kontakt libraries or ACTUAL Reaktor ensembles. This is geared towards Maschine/Traktor crowd, not Komplete crowd. Pixie could read my post a bit better, when I said "sample library realm", I meant libraries for Kontakt. Not loop packs, oneshots and somesuch. Those are not sample libraries in the actual sense of the word. So, it's a completely different service intended for a completely different market than the one NI's Komplete product range caters. Take from it what you will.


This
DarkStar
KVRAF
 
8492 posts since 2 Sep, 2003, from Surrey, UK
mcbpete wrote:So because of that clause you're saying it's not a Native Instruments company?

All I'm saying is that it does not look like one to me.
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...
mcbpete
KVRian
 
1185 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England
Oh God, even KVR are in on the conspiracy too - http://www.kvraudio.com/news/native-ins ... ples-40025 :wink:
User avatar
mgw38
KVRian
 
1001 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia
DarkStar wrote:I do not think that that is is a Native Instruments company? The web site does say "Powered by Native Instruments" but I do not know what that means.


It means that they want other major labels on board and therefore need to separate the business interests of NI from sounds.com as much as possible. They do not have Apple-like leverage. They need to play nice.
GearNostalgia
KVRist
 
240 posts since 27 Dec, 2017
pixie.army wrote:Native Instruments just launched a subscription service this week for sound libraries.

https://sounds.com/

Care to still argue Native Instruments isn't looking at this business model? Now that they are actively using it? :D

Or perhaps you'll still take the absurd position that this kind of direction won't ever be expanded into other product lines? Of course, now you have to move your argument from "they'll never use this business model"...which they're now using....to "they'll never use it for certain products."

Honestly man, after having to read your terribly uninformed spectulation about the Intel bug on various forums / threads, understand I'm truly skeptical that you actually understand anything about most of the issues you seem to never stop commenting on.


Nice, after a nightmarish first time experience with 8Dio and their "customer support" I am pro SAAS for sound libraries or atleast libraries with a license that can be resold. Even though there is only sample collections and not full NI instrumets here it seems like they are testing the waters for cloud subscriptions.
Previous

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries