Depeche Mode (DM) Samples.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[mod edit - it's illegal to distribute samples of copyrighted material, or at the very least, against forum rules.]
ups :?
#PassionForHappiness

For anyone interested
Alan Wilder is having an auction
http://auction.recoil.co.uk/
With Zip discs of eamx sounds here
http://auction.recoil.co.uk/20-x-aw-dm- ... ip-discToo expensive for me anyway but I would love the sounds.

I have all sounds about 25 sounds with 93 doubles but they're not distributable if the mod don't like, i don't know
why that is if alan sold the disc you should be able to use in your works or remixes or covers no? just asking, I am looking
for the other 19 disc, it said 20 disc auctioned and i found one, i found this neat program for the emulator ii that allows you to turn sf2's into eii patchs, i guess it would be helpful for when i win the lottery and get an emulator, but I think there are
so many depeche mode sounds that came and were used before eii or emax as they had presets on source and jupiter-8 synths and the jupiter-4 was analog with the cs5 or cs10 which ever one it is in their early shows along with a prodigy, you can't get those sounds but I like recreation and creation of 70's and 80's electronic sounds or 80's sounding famous sounds, I mean today in VST Plugin's you can recreate some tones, I recreated the brass to yazoo's don't go in 2004/2005 i forget it was inside Arturia's ARP2600 V with limited polyphony but you can make it into a polysynth with editing, it has 2 or 4 note polyphony i think or don't remember, most people think of arturia in a negative way but I can't say enough good things about them they are always helpful to me in their support system, so I have nothing else to add but where are the other disc's

EDIT": I'm not sharing try youtube.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Art is the fundamental language of expression, it piers into our souls and moves us, Music is Art...it surrounds us." - Joel Bisson

this is a an excellent video of sample alan wilder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdSCSIs ... e=youtu.be

I once listen to Pink Floyds - 'Echoes' and the sound from the beginning reminded me on the intro sound of DMs "Blasphemous Rumours".
I sampled it , trimmed it (I had to set the start a bit into the sample to get a more 'bell-kind-of' sound with a harder attack) but after that it sounded really close to the sound of DM. I have to say that I used the modplug tracker software and set the resampling to 'no interpolation' which adds a lofi character (aliasing) to the sound when play at lower octaves.

jobromedia wrote:Don't pay for samples that someone has premade, design your own sounds from the ground up, and you get much more credibility as a composer!
the only downside is that your sounds will not be nearly as good as those designed by
a pro sound designer. But who cares if they are now more "credible" :hihi:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”