Tiny Box - A Musical Box Sample Library

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

teacue wrote:BTW these are nice arrangements on this demo.
Are they yours?
Thanks. Well these aren't my melodies of course, but I had to figure out the midi sequencing. It definitely takes some thought. Musical boxes have a certain rhythm you need to catch onto.
teacue wrote:Very nice.
Yes, release it
Wellllll, I don't think it's good enough. I'm going to make a change. :hihi:

be back later with another demo!

Dirty Box Demo

Alright, I think I'm satisfied with this. I'll include the midi with the samples. I sequenced it so there would be pauses so you could clearly hear the crank noises. Any comments before I release it?

gooood stuff, Archituethis. Thanks for all your work on this/these sets and have a great holiday! 8)

Edit: You are welcome, BlortBlort!

Here's a real melody with crank noises: http://www.elanhickler.com/misc/Rustic%20Memories.mp3

midi will be included with the release of the dirty samples.

Edit: Oh yeah, Rustic Memories is an original melody by me. :)

Sounds good, the set will surely find a place in one of my upcoming projects.

Nitex, let me know if you can when your project is finished so I can check it out.

Everyone should be receiving an e-mail for the update files including the dirty samples. Let me know if you didn't recieve an e-mail! The full download has also been updated for those of you who just purchased the sample library.

Edit: Oh yeah, shortcircuit versions are coming soon!

:bang:

The update is missing C#5 dirty samples and all the dirty SFZ format is messed up.

Stay tuned for fixes! Apologies if I just caused your download stop.
:(

Edit: Shoot... if you have any problems after it's all said and done, just let me know!

Architeuthis wrote:Nitex, let me know if you can when your project is finished so I can check it out.
Will do, still takes a while though, will use it on an EP currently in the making.
Architeuthis wrote:... Edit: Shoot... if you have any problems after it's all said and done, just let me know!
Does that mean the downloads where fixed? I have to redownload then. Maybe is there even a small fix only containing the forgotten and fixed files?

Yeah the update should have all the samples now, but I haven't been creating the SFZ format. Actually, the reason the SFZ is messed up is because I just tried to do it myself. So I handed that job to someone else.

Wow I wasnt expecting it to sound that good. I have another one.. Let me compare...
stay juicy!

I think one of the users of Tiny Box Library is complaining that there's an uneven amount of dirty samples per key.

The reason for this was that I basically had a lopsided number of good sample recordings and being lazy, I didn't want to do another recording session thinking I would get more background noise the second time, so yeah. If anyone else agrees this is a bad idea, I'll have to do another recording session.
Last edited by Architeuthis on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Optomadic wrote:Wow I wasnt expecting it to sound that good. I have another one.. Let me compare...
Thanks!... or wait I'm confused. wha?

oops, double post, meant to edit post.

I have just sent you a pm
encrypted nki or not ?
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

huh wha? im confused. I think what you're asking is if the wave files are available for manipulation or whatever else you want to do with it. Yes, all the samples are there and freely movable, deletable, editable, whatever.

I am asking this because my samplers can't read monolithic files !
Just stay where you are !
I am sending a payment !
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”