Tiny Box - A Musical Box Sample Library

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

done !
first name is lionel
need it bad to finish my live set !
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Ok thanks !!
Downloading right now !
For this quick service you are in the news now !
http://www.samplestation.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19997
http://www.samplestation.net/news.php
:D
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Score!

Oh man, I hadn't even thought about it. Do I need a translated manual?

Architeuthis wrote:Score!

Oh man, I hadn't even thought about it. Do I need a translated manual?
For I , don't need one ...
Don't know exactly what represents exactly the user base willing to pay in France , but I think you should better translate in German before translating into French , market wise I mean of course ...
But as most young German can speak English , I don't know , I am not a market expert !

little demo ; Music box gentle glitch duduk and Vonbrucken aka ruin your brain with empathy ...
http://disable.party.googlepages.com/Mu ... nbruck.mp3

Btw no scratch samples in there only effects !

You know I really enjoyed that. Hearing how you used the musical box, I imagine flashing images of sinister looking stuffed animals, maybe also creepy little girls and strange images of a colorful house.

Architeuthis any chance there is the little clicks and noises you get with the real music box?

Vonbruken that sounds like some really cool broken beat!
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote: Vonbruken that sounds like some really cool broken beat!
Thanks I hope I will represent France for the Eurovision 2009 !
:D :lol:

Thanks for the small extra update! I have to wait with trying out the dirty version until the SFZ files are done unfortunatly. I'm using your set with Dimension Pro.

Optomadic wrote:Architeuthis any chance there is the little clicks and noises you get with the real music box?
Woah, I'm confused. Wha? I'm only recording a real music box, im not making the sounds up with my magic powers! :P

Are you sure you're not thinking about a wind-up music box? Because I'm using a cranked music box.

Edit: Or maybe are you asking just in general because the audio demo I posted doesn't clearly reveal whatever it is you're looking for?
nitex wrote:Thanks for the small extra update! I have to wait with trying out the dirty version until the SFZ files are done unfortunatly.
What's going on right now is that I'm trying to solve the problem of dirty samples vs clean samples so I'll have to do another recording session. Until it's solved, I don't think I'll be able to get an sfz format.

Edit: Oh wait, but you should try out the sfz files I have now. When I tested them, they seemed functional to me.

Regarding the current dirty SFZ files:

a) All of them actually mix dirty and clean samples to fill up 14 samples per note, which I'm told is the intended behaviour

b) The "_vel" ones have an error in the lovel and hivel parameters and are unusable

c) The "_rnd" ones don't have that error and should work just fine in any sampler that loads SFZs and supports random-robin

I'll try to have correct dirty "_vel" mappings ready this weekend. Also I'm the one who suggested Elan to do all-dirty NKIs with only the dirty samples, they'd have less alternative samples per note but they'll be, you know, "all dirty". I might as well go ahead and do all-dirty SFZs too.
The mind boggles.

Architeuthis wrote:Woah, I'm confused. Wha? I'm only recording a real music box, im not making the sounds up with my magic powers! :P

Are you sure you're not thinking about a wind-up music box? Because I'm using a cranked music box.
:lol: Thats cool. I just asked cause I have an audio recording of a musical box that has a kind of bump and click sound to it. BTW I thought a musical box on crank was endowed with special magic chee :hihi:?
stay juicy!

I have an example, I just did want to post it cause the spoken word behind it is kind of gruesome.

This is what I basically mean:

http://www.divshare.com/download/4872132-6c9
WARNING!! DO NOT LISTEN IF YOU ARE A SENSITIVE PERSON! The lyrics are HARSH!

The noise in this one is kind of constant. I was thinking it would be more random.
stay juicy!

Oh, see, the noise in my samples is supposed to emulate the crank without having to put in crank noises in by hand, that was my goal. The clicks you are hearing in your music box recording is like a harsh version of my clean samples. I guess the music box I'm using just isn't that harsh.

Juanjo wrote:I might as well go ahead and do all-dirty SFZs too.
Wait till I record 14 alternates per note. I definitely want there to be 14 alts or I'll regret it later. Going to do some recording hopefully tonight. If not tonight, sometime next week. The problem is that my last recording session provided me with a very low background noise level. It's important to have this low noise level for the dirty samples because I can't spectrally remove it when the crank sounds enter the frequency range of this certain background noise.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”