Tiny Box - A Musical Box Sample Library

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll let you know when I have it available for SFZ.

I have Kontakt- it rulez. Just bought Tiny Box.

Link received, thanks.

Oh, it's for Kontakt... :(

:lol: will get it transformed somehow I guess.

Plug wrote:Great to hear that you've finished this, sounds excellent. I'll buy it the second it's available as sf2/sfz/somethingelsebecauseidon'thavekontakt :)
Me too :)
其余的是噪音

Bought, downloaded and tried :)
Very, very nice indeed :love:

Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: :harp: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I can only advise everyone to buy this very well made library

I cant wait for the dirty version ;)

Thanks for your good work
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Thanks for the kind words Teacue! I'll start recording the dirty version this coming monday, should be ready for download sometime next week.

BTW, thanks to Juanjo, SFZ format finished! Those who already purchased the library, let me know if you want it.

Hi Architeuthis, Great sample set. These will definitely find their way into my music.

However, I have discovered a couple of minor problems:
First of all, it seams that you have saved the instruments with absolute sample paths instead of relative sample paths. This means anyone loading the samples will get an error from Kontakt because it is looking for a sample location on your desktop ;). IMO using relative sample paths is better when distributing sample sets, because then it does not matter where they are placed on the user's hard drive.
Second - a couple of wrong root keys:
The lowest velocity C5 note has a root key F5, meaning the sample is transposed down a fourth. It took a while for me to find out what was going on there because of the "ramdomize" feature :hihi:
Also, the lowest velocity G5 note is set to root F#5.
Looks like the root key issue is only in Tiny Box (clean).nki

Anyway - these problems should be easily fixed by anyone using Kontakt.
Last edited by bogh on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Demos sound great

:tu:

Nostalgia sample set for any of us who can remember he once was a baby I suppose :wink:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Thank you! :)

Very interesting words.
bogh wrote:Hi Architeuthis, Great sample set. These will definitely find their way into my music.

However, I have discovered a couple of minor problems:
First of all, it seams that you have saved the instruments with absolute sample paths instead of relative sample paths. This means anyone loading the samples will get an error from Kontakt because it is looking for a sample location on your desktop ;). IMO using relative sample paths is better when distributing sample sets, because then it does not matter where they are placed on the user's hard drive.
Second - a couple of wrong root keys:
The lowest velocity C5 note has a root key F5, meaning the sample is transposed down a fourth. It took a while for me to find out what was going on there because of the "ramdomize" feature :hihi:
Also, the lowest velocity G5 note is set to root F#5.
Looks like the root key issue is only in Tiny Box (clean).nki

Anyway - these problems should be easily fixed by anyone using Kontakt.
Oh shoot, I just noticed your post. I'll have to fix that, I'll resend nkis to everyone. Thanks for letting me know!

hey... upon trying to load the tiny box samples, kontakt is still looking on my desktop. I really don't get it, I unchecked absolute sample paths.

welp, ill upload the nki files again, seems like it's working now.... :?

edit: alright, I just uploaded it, you can download the fix from the same link.

Alright! I just did a recording session for the dirty version. My worry is that I wouldn't have been able to get the microphones exactly in the right position thus changing the stereo image and tone of the microphone, but that's not going to be a problem.

Actually, I may have to do some experimentation with how I implement the dirty samples. Part of it has to do with how hard I push the crank and when I turn it. I want the right balance of crank noise so that you will hear a constant but subtle crank noise regardless of how you sequence music box. Just enough to add some realism, not too much to make it unusable in a musical setting. I'm thinking of diluting the dirty samples with clean samples so you'd have 7 clean alts and 7 dirty alts trigerring at random. If that doesn't sound right then I'll go ahead and just do 14 dirty alts.

Hey, still working on the dirty samples, just give me some time! Just letting you know I haven't disappeared. I owe you guys dirty samples! :P

no worries!
thanks for the heads up, Archi :)

Hey, here's what I got so far. Should I release it?:
http://shup.com/Shup/48461/dirty-samples.mp3

Architeuthis wrote:Hey, here's what I got so far. Should I release it?:
http://shup.com/Shup/48461/dirty-samples.mp3
Very nice.
Yes, release it ;)

BTW these are nice arrangements on this demo.
Are they yours?

I ask because I had to make today a little arrangement on a paper piece for the 20 tone musicbox for a birthday present and I must say, arranging for a musicbox is really something else than arranging for a band or an orchestra!
Not to talk about punching the holes in the paper stripe!

Best regards
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”