sfz Open Source Drum Kit Project: 600 MB download from Real Music Media

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just did some work on the OSDrumkit forum. Posted 2nd version of my mappings, and added a download link. What do you guys think of adding a seperate forum container for discussions on the sfz format? It could be a place to discuss and gather info on programming techniques, player compatibility and such..

I have become interested in the SFZ format and am very happy to find this thread. I am exploring all that is available.

Thanks lots you guys!

steadyrev wrote:I have become interested in the SFZ format and am very happy to find this thread. I am exploring all that is available.

Thanks lots you guys!
Great to hear. I learned a lot here as well :)

I have been thinking about making a forum dedicated to sfz programming in the OSDrumkit forum. You know, so one can discuss mapping techniques and ask questions. However, I didnt get any response on wether it is needed, so I ask again. If there is interest, I'll put something up this weekend.

Any audio demos of this kit?

dickiefunk wrote:Any audio demos of this kit?
Gregjazz did a demo of my mappings for Session Drummer 2 in this post: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 39#4223939

Has the SFZ format gotten round-robin sample alternations by now?
Always was a down point to me, that SFZ could have only 1 sample per velocity. Especially for drums...
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

caleb82 wrote:Has the SFZ format gotten round-robin sample alternations by now?
Always was a down point to me, that SFZ could have only 1 sample per velocity. Especially for drums...
AFAIK, sfz has always had Round Robin and random variations. Sf2 on the other hand, never had that option..

Baard wrote:
caleb82 wrote:Has the SFZ format gotten round-robin sample alternations by now?
AFAIK, sfz has always had Round Robin and random variations. Sf2 on the other hand, never had that option..
Use the seq_position and seq_length codes.
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

denemo wrote:Does anyone downloaded the .sfz mappings and can upload them here? The original files in the forum are down.
I see that I cant postphone this much longer. :oops: I made the mappings in question, and I have quite frankly no idea why they are down.

Some time ago, I made a new version of them, with added functionality. Been meaning to upload, but I have to dig out an external drive to copy them from, as I have reformatted the box I used to write them.

I'll dig it out and upload the mappings some time tomorrow :) Sorry for any trouble.

Baard wrote:
denemo wrote:Does anyone downloaded the .sfz mappings and can upload them here? The original files in the forum are down.
I see that I cant postphone this much longer. :oops: I made the mappings in question, and I have quite frankly no idea why they are down.

Some time ago, I made a new version of them, with added functionality. Been meaning to upload, but I have to dig out an external drive to copy them from, as I have reformatted the box I used to write them.

I'll dig it out and upload the mappings some time tomorrow :) Sorry for any trouble.
Gotcha covered... :wink:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/MzZG ... WTljR0E9PQ
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Let me know if you'd like this removed but I'm happy to mirror:
http://www.drealm.info/sfz/sfzmapping_T ... 20v1.0.zip

Thanks guys, for stepping in! :)

If anyone would like to give v3 a test drive, Ive shared it here temporarily:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/965632/OSDrumki ... rdW-v3.zip

I have included sfz's that crossfades between top and bottom mics on midi CC. There are also new mappings for the "snare butt end" samples. Ive also tried to add xfade between open and closed hihat on CC4. I have not been able to try this on an e-drum kit yet, so I have no idea on how it really should be done.

However, the snare and tom sfzs without xfading have not had their volume levels properly balanced yet, so they sound bad in comparison to the xfading ones. Oh, and there is no sfz for the entire kit. In other words, its a work in progress that I will upload to the OSDrumkit forum when finished and properly tested.

Cool!!!! Thanks Baard!!!!

--Sean

Thanks Baard. The v3 is also here, in case dropbox drops it.
http://www.drealm.info/sfz/OSDrumkit-sfz-BaardW-v3.zip

Are there any brushes in this kit? Any sound examples of it?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”