Will Kontakt Player load freely available Kontakt samples? Yes, for 15 Mins ONLY

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

marcfilmer wrote:IMO Native Instruments ought to bring out a Kontakt Player Lite for c. $50-$100, just for the loading of third party plugins.
But if they did that, then none of the vendors would license the Kontakt Player engine from them anymore.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

they have a free kontakt player for the loading of 3rd party libraries. even better!

hibidy wrote:It's lame as hell. Kontakt is just too heavy for me and all I ever want is to play the sampled stuff. Prebass, jaybass and basis (do we have a theme here :hihi: ) all use the player....that's all I need.

Even though I spend allot of money on this crap it's just never made a ton of sense to get kontakt.....I just want to play the sounds :shrug:

Someone decided that by putting the time into making the demo 15 minutes long was somehow going to force users to buy more. I have issues with this philosophy.
Agreed!!!! There needs to be an entry level version that allows the free stuff to be played without problem, then a player version that can use the licensed 3rd party stuff, and then the full version (or some similar method to sort it out). All I want is some good guitar sounds. Thank goodness there are a couple of companies that are providing SFZ or Directwave support for their guitar samples.

--Sean

Krakatau wrote:i'm just on the way to achieve a small library that i intend to upload here very soon, no way to use it out of the demo mode in Kontakt player ?

Too bad...

:(
Consider SFZ as a format that most samplers can import. :-)

--Sean

glokraw wrote:
Krakatau wrote:i'm just on the way to achieve a small library that i intend to upload here very soon, no way to use it out of the demo mode in Kontakt player ?

Too bad...

:(
Hi, sfz format has both free, and many commercial instruments to load and modify them.
Might be worth considering for free releases. Cheers :)
Ahh, you beat me to it. That's what I get for coming late to the party. :P :oops:

--Sean

Wait a minute, this thread started way back in.......... :dog:

--Sean

Maybe someone could update the title of this thread, it's kind of "false advertising" now.

In demo mode Kontakt Player will only work for 15 minutes.

audiojunkie wrote: Agreed!!!! There needs to be an entry level version that allows the free stuff to be played without problem, then a player version that can use the licensed 3rd party stuff, and then the full version (or some similar method to sort it out). All I want is some good guitar sounds. Thank goodness there are a couple of companies that are providing SFZ or Directwave support for their guitar samples.

--Sean
Computer Music should bring out a Kontakt CM edition that would allow for loading of third party libraries without time limitations.

So I understand the demo limitations, I'm ok with that. But can anyone point out low-cost economy libraries? Kontakt Player may not be perfect but having a bunch of sounds all in one library makes everything simple for me, probably what NI is hoping but I'm no pro so spending a lot of time to figure out and work with all the different formats isn't worth my time. I use sfz for soundfonts and hope to use Kontakt for premium sounds. So far I have the Factory Selection, Elements Selection, and Retro Machines II, and today just bought Studio Drummer since it went on half-off sale. Are there there are some nice, cheaper 3rd party libraries that would work with the Player? I am thinking I can buy $50 libraries once in a while. I know this is all so much cheaper than hardware but in the last week I've spent like $300 total on software, I'm hoping my wife will be understanding when she finds out :D
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Why can't they do what Steinberg did at the time? HALion Player could load HALion content, as far as I know (fxp's and fxb's). You just couldn't create new libraries yourself, only do some minor sound-tweaking.

Pretty sickening policy, I really don't understand why people don't seriously stop buying products from companies like this (aside from being dependent on those products since they already purchased them). Horrible.

megalodonnl wrote:Why can't they do what Steinberg did at the time? HALion Player could load HALion content, as far as I know (fxp's and fxb's). You just couldn't create new libraries yourself, only do some minor sound-tweaking.

Pretty sickening policy, I really don't understand why people don't seriously stop buying products from companies like this (aside from being dependent on those products since they already purchased them). Horrible.
Halion Player never was free.

Given away Kontakt player for free is more or less the same as giving away Kontakt for free, because few people care about the included library and even less people use the advanced editing features.

Result: they spend a lot of time and resources to code the world's leading sampler and give it away for free so that every single sample developer can compete with them without making a single effort.

People don't stop buying NI's products because what they offer is fair, despite your opinion.

Numanoid wrote:Maybe someone could update the title of this thread, it's kind of "false advertising" now.

Maybe I'm unlucky, but my Kontakt Player only works for 15 minutes before cutoff :help:

braj wrote: I know this is all so much cheaper than hardware but in the last week I've spent like $300 total on software, I'm hoping my wife will be understanding when she finds out :D
I can guarantee that she will understand with lethal perfection :-o :shock:

Numanoid wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Maybe someone could update the title of this thread, it's kind of "false advertising" now.

Maybe I'm unlucky, but my Kontakt Player only works for 15 minutes before cutoff :help:
With the new version, they changed it from 30 min to 15 min,
to save customers time :(

If it takes longer than 15 minutes to record a hit,
you are just trailer trash, and should downgrade to
inferior competing products.

Those with the older 30 minute timeout version, will probably lose it,
when installing the new version.

Hello.

I have Alicia Keys piano and kontakt player free and i want to use parameter release of AHDSR (attack-hold-decay-sustain-release) but i cant. Is that some limitation of kontakt player? And if is some limitation, where are 15 minutes demo? Alicia Keys piano haven't release parameter only release of keys (change only key damper sound). What can i do? I choose modules/modulations/envelop, i drug AHDSR but nothing happend. If someone can help, please do it. In NI forum i cant find any solution.

Sorry for bad english.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 08#4998108

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”