Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra FREE library!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you asseca!

The rar-file is the way to download for me!

And of course: Thank you, Mattias Westlund! This is very generous!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Anyone who's curious to hear more of SSO in action might want to check this out. Bit of a different style than the first demo. Work in progress though, so don't mind the rough edges.

Huh, i somewhat felt the need to learn more about Kontakt 4 today and decided to map out some kontakt patches! (Really need to go for an indepth tutorial at some point... are there any "beginner"-tutorial videos arround? Looking for knob-implementation on the ui regarding group fx etc.)

Here are 2 patches for Kontakt 4.2 (Newest version)

Grand Piano:
Basic mapping with a little velocity work etc.

1st Violins:
A lot more stuff done here :hihi:
Well: Here is the Gui:

I tried to come up with some other articulations all made from the given samples. Sustain articulations use the modwheel to conrol the velocity, short articulations use velocity. Some use both like sforzando and marcato.

I cut down the room sound on the short notes so they are more useable

Ah! And there are keyswitches :love:

Maybe someone can find that usefull somehow!

Download: http://www.simon-autenrieth.de/projectd ... 2_2011.rar

Best regards,
Simon
Follow me on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/ma-simon
"In the begining there was nothing, and it exploded." ~Terry Pratchett, (on the big bang theory)~

Hi

Is there any in here that has succeded to make a propper convertion of this library in Kontakt? I've tried and have ended up with a lot of patches that doesnt really works propper. Could someone in here help me out by some instructions?

Best

neveryes wrote:Is there any in here that has succeded to make a propper convertion of this library in Kontakt? I've tried and have ended up with a lot of patches that doesnt really works propper. Could someone in here help me out by some instructions?
I have uploaded NKI files for SSO: asseca.com/kvr/sso

These have been created using Extreme Sample Converter and Kontakt v2.
Last edited by asseca on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I made some more presets for the strings, but they are not ready to be shared yet :)

Here is a small demo of the "All String Sections Adagio"-Patch:

http://soundcloud.com/ma-simon/sonatina ... g-sections
(Pretty awesome huh?)
Follow me on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/ma-simon
"In the begining there was nothing, and it exploded." ~Terry Pratchett, (on the big bang theory)~

Hi

Thaks a million asseca - I'll give these a try soon!

MA-Simon <------ Great to listen to your work with SSO... Can't use your new patches because Im still running former version of Kontakt .... need to update, but has to finish up a few projects first!

Keep up the good work :)

Best regards

neveryes

How can this be free? :?
What ever!

D.Wako wrote:How can this be free? :?
What do you mean?

It's made from a variety of sources which are released under licenses that allow redistribution. I think he credits all sources in the OP or on the website, no?

Or are you maybe just amazed?

Brent
My host is better than your host

koolkeys wrote:
It's made from a variety of sources which are released under licenses that allow redistribution. I think he credits all sources in the OP or on the website, no?

Or are you maybe just amazed?

Brent
Well I'm pretty amazed yea! I think the strings sound really good. I know they only 1 i vel layer and it's whole ton sampling but still. I tried a few other instruments and thought it sounded really good. Nice ambiance too.

I was also worried it might not be all legal frankly. I guess it is. Gooing to play with it some more.

One great think about it is that it requires not bloody authorization. Man i LOVE that! :D
What ever!

D.Wako wrote:I was also worried it might not be all legal frankly. I guess it is. Gooing to play with it some more.
As stated in the readme, SSO is legal as far as I humanly can tell. Meaning, I have done my very best to ensure that the samples used are free for modification and redistribution. Still, I can't possibly know if someone might have sampled something from a proprietary source and passed it off as original material. That's why I encourage all users to keep their ears open. Though unlikely, if something non-legit might have ended up in the library, I want to know so I can remove the offending samples.

So no, I can't guarantee that everything is 100% legit (in a project like this, could anyone?), all I can say is that I have no reason to suspect any of the samples are not, or I wouldn't have used them.

This is great!!!!!!!!! thank you so much, the samples sound brill out of the box! even got some 'cape fear' horns going on.:D

Thanks alotAsseca for the nki files!!! Too kind!! Pls share anything else that improves the functionality with kontakt..as i have no idea how to map sf to kontakt.

Ma simon i will try your patches out today..thanks man! Gui looks great, infact is there a way of addin this to the kontakt libray as a whole orchestra for easy access? ..right now i have to go to top menu to add sounds rather than the side bar libary where the rest of instruments are pre loaded with Gui boxes. The demo sounds great!

thank you for this great library! oh.. and gratz that sso is on beat magazines dvd! ;)

bummer patches dont work!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”