Free DW8000 collection for Kontakt.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So how did everyone get on with the samples? :)

while I dont know anything about the DW8000, I think this is a very usable collection of sounds. The thing that caught my ear is they all have a vintage vibe(for lack of a better term) too them. Not sure if this is the synth or your recording process but I like it.
Thanks for sharing.

Yeah i noticed especially on the strings, the DW can go into territory that reminds me of the OBX or CS80, not "quite" as good, but certainly with that flavour. I think the built in chorus really helps (well, it's not really a chorus but an advanced, for the time at least, modulatable digital delay circuit), i sampled some of the patches with the DW's own chorus on and i think that helps give it the vibe it has.

Thanks for the freebie.
Loads just fine in Kontakt Player 4 and sounds very nice. I will post here a link after I'll make a demo track with this pack :)

Thanks for the samples, dokidokipanic. I had a DW8000 back in the 80s and do have a soft spot for some of those sounds.

Finally got to try these last night... :love:
These are analog heaven.
Thanks so much.

Nice work!

Bobbotov wrote:I still own a DW-8000. Battery needs replacement. I keep it for sentimental reasons I guess. It was (is) a great wave table synth.
It used wave forms, but was not a wave table.
My DW8000 is on a stand right behind me. I don't have Kontakt 4, so how about sharing the DW patches?

Ah the old DW :-) I fondly remember the six-point envelope and excellent delay. But would not have ever thought it warm in a Roland-esque way. Your patches in that regard are very good. Funnily enough I think in the end I prefered the little Poly800-mkII !

Casio HT3000
Hell yeah bring this one on!
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

hey can i get a new link to this or someone share it with me..
i know im late : {

Thx,
fup4000

original link still works. I am currently downloading as we speak. Demo sounds good...looking forward to these. Thanks mate!

spirit wrote:Ah the old DW :-) I fondly remember the six-point envelope and excellent delay. But would not have ever thought it warm in a Roland-esque way. Your patches in that regard are very good. Funnily enough I think in the end I prefered the little Poly800-mkII !
I've got a DW6000. I thought the only difference was the polyphony. Does the 8000 have a delay? I don't believe the 6000 does.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

If you have a Yamaha TG33 I'd be very interested in its samples. I used to have one many years ago, but i sold it (oh so stupid of me..)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

THESE SOUND AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE MAKE MORE!!!!! Sampling that Casio would be great!!!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”