soniccouture EP73

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EPtMe001 wrote:Some feedback!

I have completely fallen in love with this Rhodes library... Awesome big ups to SonicCouture, great jobs guys !
btw, another tip : for the full HD ultra relasitic sound, switch on the 'resonance' in the Pedal section on the options page, by turning the knob up

This activates a convolution IR of the whole harp resonating as you play, kind of like cabinet resonance on a piano. it's subtle, but really ties things together in a more life-like way.

it's quite heavy on the cpu, so in the end we opted to leave it off by default.

James

soniccouture wrote:For a tight Rhodes, load up the EP73 Keyboard instrument, then unload all the microphone & contact mic layers entirely, and switch the line-out channel to 1 layer only. This will leave you with a single round robin layer, full velocity sense, and will be MUCH smaller - probably around 500mb.
You can then save this preset as your own to load up again.
Hi James,

I just tried this trick with Broken Wurli. For load times, it works incredibly well. Unfortunately, it's not letting me save patch + samples - I'm assuming because the samples are protected - and I can't figure out any other way to trim down the space the library is taking on my hard drive. Am I missing something?

Hi,
No, i'm afraid there's no way to reduce the size of the library on disc. sorry.

James

btw, if anyone is finding the EP73 heavier on the CPU than Broken Wurli, we have now traced this to the new Kontakt 5 LPF filter we are using in it.

we are preparing an update of the presets which replaces it with the old K4 LPF, and reduces CPU usage drastically.

James

soniccouture wrote:btw, if anyone is finding the EP73 heavier on the CPU than Broken Wurli, we have now traced this to the new Kontakt 5 LPF filter we are using in it.

we are preparing an update of the presets which replaces it with the old K4 LPF, and reduces CPU usage drastically.

James
I've heard that when playing a tons of notes with the sustain pedal down that you can get major CPU overloads.
How's that working out now?

MC

Hi MC,

That will happen with any instrument - if you build the polyphony up and up as you describe, sooner or later the CPU is going to give up, depending on its processing speed of course.

But more specifically to EP73, as mentioned int he post above, the sympathetic pedal resonance module will dramatically increase CPU load, so it's worth turning that off if you're having problems.

James

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”