NEW Lap Steel Guitar for KONTAKT 4/5 from Orange Tree Samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lap Steel Guitar
Lap steel guitars are very flexible and versatile instruments, and make a great addition to a variety of musical styles. As well as easily fitting in folk, country, and pop productions, they also sound great with distortion for rock and blues tunes. The Orange Tree Samples Lap Steel Guitar sample library features around 1 GB of high quality samples, with three dynamics and four round-robin samples for each chromatically-sampled string--giving you a total of over 2,000 samples.

Audio demo:
Audio Demo #1: Gray Patchwork

Here are a few notable features:

* Onboard Effects
Lap Steel Guitar includes five stereo cabinet impulses as well as spring reverb, tremolo, chorus, and much more.

* Timbre-correct slides
The timbre-correct slides give you much more realism when sliding, as opposed to conventional methods of pitch bending. These slides will also realistically re-excite the strings, lengthening the sustain.

* Advanced Bending Control
Lap Steel Guitar not only gives you the ability to bend strings separately, but also allows you to set the bend range to conform to a specific key/scale.

* Modeled Vibrato
The vibrato in Lap Steel Guitar isn't a simple LFO, but is modeled after real lap steel guitar vibrato, while still giving you speed and depth controls.

* External presets
All the effects and performance settings can be stored in external preset files. That means that you don't have to reload the entire library to audition different presets. It also means that the presets can be easily shared with other Lap Steel Guitar users.

Price:
We're currently having a $30 OFF introduction sale on Lap Steel Guitar, so you can pick up your copy of the new Lap Steel Guitar today for $49 (regularly $79)! This discount offer will expire on July 31th.

Format:
Due to the extensive scripting, this sample library is available in Kontakt 4+ format only. Lap Steel Guitar requires the full retail version of Kontakt, so it is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.

Visit the product page here: Lap Steel Guitar sample library for Kontakt

Or you can click here to order Lap Steel Guitar directly
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I'm all over this Bad Larry... :tu:

allows you to set the bend range to conform to a specific key/scale
Very cool idea.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Good luck with the release mate. :)

I like to see esoteric instruments like this.

Still, I wait for the ultimate prize, the spanish/nylon guitar. :D
Last edited by synchronizer on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

synchronizer wrote:I like more esoteric instruments like this.
You mean even more esoteric? :o
synchronizer wrote:Still, I wait for the ultimate prize, the spanish/nylon guitar. :D
No, no! The ultimate prize is the 12 string acoustic! You have to wait in line. :D
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

The only other nylon guitar competitor is the one created by Ilya Efimov...I think...

kbaccki wrote:I'm all over this Bad Larry... :tu:
Me too! That demo talks to me. :love:
Cap'n Spanky
From the Planet Screwball

I wasn't expecting this one. Very cool! And cool pricing. :)

+1 for a nylon. Just to put a bug in your ear for a possible future library. I think it would be great! And one of the nice benefits also (assuming it would use the Strawberry/Steel engine) is not having to relearn different instruments from different developers, etc. And yes... a 12-string would be nice as well.

But, getting back to the topic at hand... the demo for the OTS lap steel sounds great! I think this will be a must have for sure. And this coming from someone who has two of the real thing. :)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

The demo sounds really goooood :shock:

Just wanted to say congratulations on another hole-in-one, Greg. I'm having a blast playing with this!

Until now it's been an elusive goal, getting natural-sounding slides with faux-guitar libs. Best fifty bucks I've spent since ValhallaRoom. Which, by the way, fits really well with the lap steel.

The audio demo is amazing.
Sounds very realistic.
Just checked the accoustic guitar library aswell- These are incredible libraries.
I will be buying either this or the accoustic guitar library.-Gorgeous sound.
Last edited by synthmagic on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

I'll be getting this...

guarantee!

dw

I've said it before, Greg / Orange Tree Samples is a brilliant sample developer at the top of his game.

"One of these days", I'd like to hear this with distortion.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”