NEW Lap Steel Guitar for KONTAKT 4/5 from Orange Tree Samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just bought the Evolution accoustic guitar library.
I was going to get the new steel string instrument, but I was seduced by the acoustic library.
All I can say is hats off to you sir.
Nothing short of amazing.
To think I have been messing around trying get good acoustic guitar sounds in my tracks when I can't really play guitar too good-I can strum thats about it Lol.

This Library is going to be used a lot in my folk/ambient tracks.
Gorgeous,Gorgeous sound and brilliant programming.
So glad I bought this.
Best regards,
Steve
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

I like the sound of this baby. Nice touch. I may have to pick this up. It's almost a no brainer at that price.

On a different note. I too would love to see a nylon guitar library by orange tree. I say we start a kvr petition! Let's all chant.... Ready one two three.... NYLON STRINGS..... NYLON STRINGS.....NYLON STRINGS.... LOL :)

Doc Brown wrote:On a different note. I too would love to see a nylon guitar library by orange tree. I say we start a kvr petition! Let's all chant.... Ready one two three.... NYLON STRINGS..... NYLON STRINGS.....NYLON STRINGS.... LOL :)
Believe me, I'm chanting with you. I know just the nylon string guitar I want to sample, too... :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:On a different note. I too would love to see a nylon guitar library by orange tree. I say we start a kvr petition! Let's all chant.... Ready one two three.... NYLON STRINGS..... NYLON STRINGS.....NYLON STRINGS.... LOL :)
Believe me, I'm chanting with you. I know just the nylon string guitar I want to sample, too... :)
I like the tone of that post. :D

+1 on wanting an Evolution nylon acoustic guitar library.

That said, I'm super eager for the Rickenbacker electric bass guitar library Greg has been discussing/working on. In fact, you could probably still dig up some of my earliest KVR posts dating back around ten years ago on KVR (and elsewhere) looking for great guitar and bass libraries, specifically mentioning the Rickebacker, Hofner, Les Paul and Strat (the first two being bass libraries and the second two being electric guitar libraries, of course). To think, it will only take a little less than a decade before part of that wish is fulfilled. (Of course, I still want the Hofner and the rest of them!).

Okay, forgive the off-topicness of that diversion, but hey, it's KVR.

Just wanted to say that I own the library and it's a very sweet sounding instrument, very accuratly programmed/sampled. And of course the price is very good.

Congratulations, Greg! I encourage anyone who is wondering whether to buy or not.

1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 strings! ;-)

The lap steel is great, btw…

/Jochim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Off-topic, but which type of Rickenbacker will Orangetree Samples be using?

Dham that sounds nice.. Why isn't it available for Kontakt 'Player' (Free)?

Last Monday, I bought Evolution Strawberry and Evolution Steel Strings. On Tuesday, I also got the Lap Steel Guitar library and all of them are top-notch.
I know it's going to take some time to make the most of them all but Orange Tree Samples has definitely become my favourite Kontakt-based instrument company.
And Greg is such a nice guy!
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Rajah wrote:Dham that sounds nice.. Why isn't it available for Kontakt 'Player' (Free)?
I'm not speaking for Greg / Orange Tree Samples, but I've advised a number of independent developers, some who license the KONTAKT Player, and there are both volume requirements (number of units/libraries sold) and upfront and single unit licensing costs for a developer to license KONTAKT Player that can be prohibitive for the small, independent sample developer -- and even more so for sample libraries that are unlikely to sell in sufficiently high volumes (granted, NI has worked out deals with some devs to license a Player that works with multiple libraries from a single developer, but that has been an exception for a short list of independent developers, it's certainly not the rule).

Stepping away, as a user and owner of the full version of KONTAKT, I greatly prefer non-KONTAKT Player libraries, as KONTAKT Player libraries come with extra licensing/installation hoops (often AKA headaches), whereas the non-KONTAKT player libraries are a comparative breeze to deal with -- just download and install.

That said, I empathize with anyone on a tight budget who wants these libraries but can't afford the full version of KONTAKT. I've been there.

synchronizer wrote:Off-topic, but which type of Rickenbacker will Orangetree Samples be using?
It's a Rickenbacker 4003, in a Scott Pilgrim Fireglo red. ;)

I'll have the vintage tone selector off, for a more modern Rick tone. I'll sample it again later with the vintage tone on for that 4001 tone. Basically it adds a capacitor in the bridge pickup to add that extra nasally bite to the tone.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Ha, I just watched a video showcasing the 4003. So you'll have samples for both tones! It sounds like it'll be great.

Regarding the lap steel guitar, I must say that i don't think I'll find much use for it myself, but I love how you've been able to capture the note slides and the personality of the instrument!

Gregjazz wrote:
synchronizer wrote:Off-topic, but which type of Rickenbacker will Orangetree Samples be using?
It's a Rickenbacker 4003, in a Scott Pilgrim Fireglo red. ;)

I'll have the vintage tone selector off, for a more modern Rick tone. I'll sample it again later with the vintage tone on for that 4001 tone. Basically it adds a capacitor in the bridge pickup to add that extra nasally bite to the tone.
Was anyone else salivating over the above description???

Yeah, I know it's the ultimate height of gear lust -- or rather tone lust -- to admit that fact, but hey, I've been waiting for this one for far more than a decade (as well as a Hofner 500/1 -- that would be a dream). There are certain instruments in rock music that are so iconic and beautiful that I've always wanted to have at my disposal but didn't/don't have the budget to buy or the ability to play the actual instrument fluently, and Rickenbacker basses (the 4001, 4002 and 4003, actually) are among them. This goes to the top of my list as my most desired library of 2012 so far! Some of my favorite rock bassists going back to when I was a kid -- McCartney, Squire and Entwistle -- were/are Rick users (I know I'm leaving out tons of bands I enjoy like Queen, Rush, Rolling Stones...). I love the tone of those basses, but any library I've bought that attempted to sample it (e.g., BASIS, etc.) has never done it justice. I'm confident, based on everything Greg has done to date, this one is going to be what I've been hoping for all these years.

Is anyone else with me on this one?

My only concern is the apparent lack of velocity layers of previous bass guitar sample libraries. Wouldn't you say that the Rickenbacker 4003 sample library might benefit from them?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”