Boxed Ear Sys100 - Roland System 100 library for Kontakt

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Very proud to put forth our second product - the Sys100 Kontakt Sample pack for Kontakt 4 and 5.

Sys100 is a Kontakt library made entirely with the incredible Roland System 100 semi-modular analog synthesizer and we were very excited to get our mitts on one earlier this year. After months of patching, sampling, looping, tuning and tweaking we can finally unleash the results - a unique and modern sounding sample pack which sounds as good as the System 100 looks.

As with our Mighty M5 pack (made with the beastly Macbeth M5), we've put all our efforts into coaxing the most interesting patches and sounds from the System 100 so you get a wonderful library of expressive and playable Kontakt instruments.

It's a 1.5Gb soundset with over 4600 samples at 24-bit, 44.1 kHz quality. 80 Kontakt instruments at a cost of USD $49, EUR €39 or GBP £30 inc.VAT

Full version of Kontakt 4 or 5 is required. Sys100 will NOT work with the free Kontakt Player.

We're working hard to make Boxed Ear synonymous with quality, great sounding sample libraries and we'll continue to focus only on the very finest instruments. We've got some very cool and desirable synths lined up for the Boxed Ear treatment so watch this space :)

http://soundcloud.com/boxed-ear/sets/bo ... 100-demos/

Friendly BUMP ('cause I like the sounds and can't believe nobody else has commented thus far on such a lovely quality collection like this one).

Sounds interesting, particularly the Sys100 audio demos. I have a couple of questions:
-- what controls are available on the Instrument GUIs?
-- are there any screenshots or a separate PDF manual?
-- is the functionality the same in Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 5? (I have seen a product from another dev where there are more K5 presets and more functionality than the K4 presets provided).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

... Anybody?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar,

My apologies for not replying soon, I thought this thread had disappeared long ago!

Our libraries to date don't include any special Kontakt UI or scripting. Synthesizers are are capable of such a broad palette of sounds that a one-size-fits-all interface would, in my humble opinion, compromise the sound. It does seem like people expect an interface on a Kontakt sample library these days though, and so I'm not ruling it out for future products. I just don't want to stick on some ill fitting controls for the sake of having them there.

What you get is between 80 and 100 Kontakt instruments in each pack. Each one uses up to 16 velocity layers, usually to capture the sound of the sound of the synths own filter opening. Around 70% of the patches are untreated by Kontakt's audio processing features in order to give you the authentic sound of the synth in question (although some are polyphonic even when the original synth wasn't). The other 30% of instruments we've processed using Kontakt filters, modulators and effects to come up with new sounds.

The libraries are in Kontakt 4 format, but will work in Kontakt 5 just fine.

Bottom line, no fancy tricks, just great sounding samples of rare and vintage instruments for a reasonable price :tu:

btw, Dark Star is one of my favourite films of all time :D

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”