Quite simply THE coolest drum synth ever to hit your DAW...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Well? Are you excited?

I'm so excited my trousers split
7%
I'm pretty excited; fluff me some more
21%
I'm underwhelmed. This isn't my thing at all
50%
You have enraged me. I am furious, for some reason.
21%

Total votes: 42

RELATED
PRODUCTS

FrantzM wrote: I think we reached some points of agreement in the end which is rare in interwebz debates.
Agreed. How the hell did we manage that??! :lol:

Grit Kit is out now, folks! Hop over to the website for the latest audio demo and - if you're not enraged beyond reason - to order a copy :D

http://www.rhythmicrobot.com/page0/page ... index.html

Have a great weekend,

The Professor (and Mongo)
Last edited by the professor on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

the professor wrote: SampleScience, above, is actually pretty much right: the Mirage isn't impossible. Far from it, really. But it is a bit laborious, and you have to plan around that 2 sec time limit. If you can find a cheap-ish one I'd grab it like a shot and I really doubt you'll be disappointed, even if you only use it once in a blue moon. There's no way I'm not parting with mine :) Like I said before, the EPS is a joy to use - but nothing else sounds like a Mirage!
I got my Mirage free with plenty of disks from a good friend mine. When I tried it the first time, I was pleasently surprised by how easy it was to program! But like I said, I have experience with that kind of interface. Once you get the hang of it, with the keyboard split in two, the 2sec limit and all, it's very good fun! :)

I got my Mirage (which is the rackmount version) from a nice guy in the US. When it arrived, the volume slider was a bit crackly so I went at it with a squirt of Servisol... and a very upset insect came scurrying out of the floppy disk drive slot :o . I was surprised, believe me. (Turns out even hardware samplers can have bugs, ha ha... :D )

It was what in America they call a stink bug, and what in the UK we call a shield bug. And sadly it was very soon after that moment a dead bug, because while I was trying to catch it a signal generator fell on it.

Still, that's the most surprising thing that's ever happened to me with a sampler. I think.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”