Indiginus new Solid State Symphony -- looks pretty cool

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aloysius wrote:
Hi Tracy.

Is there an upgrade path from the original SolidStateSymph Library?

Thanks ...
Yes, there is. Just email me with your original purchase data and I'll send you a link.

tcollins wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
Hi Tracy.

Is there an upgrade path from the original SolidStateSymph Library?

Thanks ...
Yes, there is. Just email me with your original purchase data and I'll send you a link.
Done. Thank you. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Why is this library not available for Kontakt player, even if it was more expensive?

Because it would be much more expensive ;-)

Thanks to indiginus for this amazing bank!!!
And the great price! :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

It says in the setup "Super important!! Indiginus' sample libraries do not appear in the "Libraries" tab in Kontakt's browser, but in the "Files" tab" but there seems to be no way to find it on a Mac as the stupid place Kontakt keeps library samples by default is hidden.

Huh - it's a zip file, you extract it to where you want?
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Huh - it's a zip file, you extract it to where you want?
In theory yes but I prefer to put it with all my other Kontakt libraries, only they are in the samples folder which is hidden on Mac.

£25 for this? Wow, sweet.

I'm well interested. Demos sound great!

aMUSEd wrote:It says in the setup "Super important!! Indiginus' sample libraries do not appear in the "Libraries" tab in Kontakt's browser, but in the "Files" tab" but there seems to be no way to find it on a Mac as the stupid place Kontakt keeps library samples by default is hidden.
You shouldn't keep Kontakt sample libraries on your boot disk in the first place, but on an external FW or eSATA disk.

Your boot disk has enough to do running the system, which is its priority and may affect the playback of samples.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:It says in the setup "Super important!! Indiginus' sample libraries do not appear in the "Libraries" tab in Kontakt's browser, but in the "Files" tab" but there seems to be no way to find it on a Mac as the stupid place Kontakt keeps library samples by default is hidden.
You shouldn't keep Kontakt sample libraries on your boot disk in the first place, but on an external FW or eSATA disk.

Your boot disk has enough to do running the system, which is its priority and may affect the playback of samples.

/Joachim
Well that's where Kontakt installed them. I have an external USB 2 disk, not eSata or FW though. Are you saying that would be better than on my main HD? Not heard that before.

The question remains though, why does Kontakt install sample libraries to a place that is hidden by default on Mac?

aMUSEd wrote:Well that's where Kontakt installed them.
Doesn't mean it's the right place.
Kontakt lets you choose where to install its library during Setup.
aMUSEd wrote:I have an external USB 2 disk, not eSata or FW though.
That'll do just fine.
aMUSEd wrote:Are you saying that would be better than on my main HD?
Mos def!
aMUSEd wrote:Not heard that before.
Well, you should've paid attention then. ;)
It's the first thing one picks up about sample libraries: don't keep them on your system drive.
For several reasons: performance, security, portability, order, ...
aMUSEd wrote:The question remains though, why does Kontakt install sample libraries to a place that is hidden by default on Mac?
Again: it doesn't.
I have a Mac, I have Kontakt, I installed Kontakt on my Mac. :shrug:
It lets you choose.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:The question remains though, why does Kontakt install sample libraries to a place that is hidden by default on Mac?
Again: it doesn't.
I have a Mac, I have Kontakt, I installed Kontakt on my Mac. :shrug:
It lets you choose.
Yeah but I just went with the default options when I installed it - that is the option it offers by default, even if you can change it when I first got the Mac I didn't realise that location was going to cause problems. My point is NI should by default suggest a better location.

Sorry this is going OT but it was related to my original question which was that I couldn't see the Indigenus library (or any others) in my files tab. I guess I will have to move them all. Just a bit reluctant now because I know Kontakt will give me loads of can't find sample messages when I do and I will have to batch resave many libraries.

OT but should I do the same with my Alchemy libraries?

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah but I just went with the default options when I installed it - that is the option it offers by default, even if you can change it
That's the "problem".
Somewhere in the installer there's a tab or button or page etc. that lets you customize the locations.
aMUSEd wrote:when I first got the Mac I didn't realise that location was going to cause problems.
It doesn't. Just like it doesn't on a Windows system.
There's just an optimal way (2nd HDD) and a not-so-optimal way (system HDD).
aMUSEd wrote:My point is NI should by default suggest a better location.
Others behave just the same: Toontrack, FXpansion, ...
The point is that not everybody can be expected to have a dedicated sample drive.
So for reasons of mass compatibility, the default library install is the actual drive you install Kontakt to, which was your system Drive as you didn't select otherwise.

It will all work perfectly fine from your system drive, but it will probably begin to be dreadfully slow at some point, or just start causing trouble like dropouts, extended loading times or making the system less responsive.

So the ideal way is to install it to a dedicated sample drive from the start.

But, do not despair - you can always move the library folder to your external HDD by hand, and then open Kontakt to alter the library path. That's all it takes.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:when I first got the Mac I didn't realise that location was going to cause problems.
It doesn't. Just like it doesn't on a Windows system.
There's just an optimal way (2nd HDD) and a not-so-optimal way (system HDD).
Well it does, that was the point. By default it installs to a location that is hidden, you can't browse to it in the Kontakt file browser. I know now I can change location but didn't know what was an issue when I first got my Mac and still don't understand why anyone would by default create that path as the install location (even if I didn't know it was hidden one would think NI's programmers would know). The external HD thing is useful to know but wasn't my original issue (which was that I couldn't find the Indigenus library using the files browser)

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”