Synth Magic ZOM ZOM for kontakt Polymoog based Kontakt instrument.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unusually late this time when it comes to posting my opinion about Synthmagic libraries, but the Live 9 update happened around the time Zom Zom was released, so...

The verdict? Both Zom Zom and the Obie are bestial! Dyed my hair blue in the morning whilst playing the Zom Zom, and changed my name to Richard Barbieri when I started up the Xpander later in the day.:hihi:

Now, if only I was Shiva, I would have picked up (stolen?) a fretless Wal bass and accompanied myself with the Xpander...sigh!

Hello,
Just to let you know Zom Zom has been upgraded to use the new filters in Kontakt 5 and a new batch of presets have been added, taking preset count to 170.
I have sent the update out to existing owners of Zom Zom. If you have not received the update then send me a mail and I will send the download link to you.
Thanks,
Steve
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Looking forward to giving these a run out many thanks Steve

I wonder what was the inspiration for the name? Has it anything to do with famous zolo band Zom Zoms?

"Zom-Zom's" a place to eat, I belive it's located down in the park...
Flavours of Lime - Tasty gui design for vst plugins.

Steve, are you talking "now" about the update for Zom Zom? Your post was from earlier today - September 7, and I had to look several times to make sure before posting this. I think all my emails related to Zom Zom are back from February though.

Anyway, I was just at the site checking out Phobos and 1000M, which are on my list of next items to get. Your instruments (they are not libraries, they are instruments!) are an absolute joy to work with. I can't get enough of them! Phobos II looks really nice now with the new gui and 1000M... well what can I say :shock: 8)

I'm still (happily) lost in VektorX land!!!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

"Now" as in I received my update email this morning.
Off to update this wonderful Kontakt instrument now...........

Edit: Seems like a good time to re post a link to a cover of 'Down in the Park'' made almost entirely with ZomZom https://soundcloud.com/ftech/ditp_zomzom

Zombie Queen wrote:I wonder what was the inspiration for the name? Has it anything to do with famous zolo band Zom Zoms?

The name comes from the track called, 'Down in the Park' by Gary Numan. I read somewhere Gary Numan thinks he did not invent Zom Zom. The lyric has always brought strange mental pictures to me. Zom Zom's is a place you can eat and watch humans being chased in the park by sexual machines....very strange :)
Just checked Zom Zoms out on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER1q6ZUq_TY

Sequent wrote:Steve, are you talking "now" about the update for Zom Zom? Your post was from earlier today - September 7, and I had to look several times to make sure before posting this. I think all my emails related to Zom Zom are back from February though.

Anyway, I was just at the site checking out Phobos and 1000M, which are on my list of next items to get. Your instruments (they are not libraries, they are instruments!) are an absolute joy to work with. I can't get enough of them! Phobos II looks really nice now with the new gui and 1000M... well what can I say :shock: 8)

I'm still (happily) lost in VektorX land!!!
Hi Sequent,
I sent an email out with a zip file contained in it which contains the existing presets updated to work with K5/filters and added another batch of presets in there.
I have sent a mail to you via KVR with the link in it.

Glad you like Vectorx.
Cheers,
Steve
ftech wrote:"Now" as in I received my update email this morning.
Off to update this wonderful Kontakt instrument now...........

Edit: Seems like a good time to re post a link to a cover of 'Down in the Park'' made almost entirely with ZomZom https://soundcloud.com/ftech/ditp_zomzom
Superb! I love the bit right after the first snare hit(01:07ish) and it all kicks in.
Thanks for making the remix - I put it up on my site when you sent it to me.
cheers,
Steve
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Ooh, this IS new! Nope no email. I'll send a pm to Steve.

ftech, awesome job on the demo!

Sequent wrote:Ooh, this IS new! Nope no email. I'll send a pm to Steve.

Just sent a mail to you via kvr with the link in :)

Got it. Thank you!!!!

synthmagic wrote:
Sequent wrote:Ooh, this IS new! Nope no email. I'll send a pm to Steve.

Just sent a mail to you via kvr with the link in :)

synthmagic wrote:Zom Zom's is a place you can eat and watch humans being chased in the park by sexual machines....
Thanks I figured that from limeflavour tip, didn't know that, somehow I ignored Numan entirely, having classified him as dull pop, by accident it seems.

BTW. That Zom Tube video song seems to be partly a cover of a classic from Japanese band Plastics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVMq1oynAtM

Zombie Queen wrote:
Somehow I ignored Numan entirely, having classified him as dull pop, by accident it seems.
Blasphemy!!!! :)

synthmagic wrote:
Zombie Queen wrote:
Somehow I ignored Numan entirely, having classified him as dull pop, by accident it seems.
Blasphemy!!!! :)
AAAARGH!!! What the hell?
This calls for compulsory listening of the first four albums at least...

Zombie Queen wrote:Thanks I figured that from limeflavour tip, didn't know that, somehow I ignored Numan entirely, having classified him as dull pop, by accident it seems.
Shock horror :shock:

I plan to be buried with Telekon/Dance/I Assasin 8)

Anything he released on Beggars Banquet (except maybe Warriors) is top quality. Most of the stuff on his own label Numa is good. But with the The New Anger album of '88 he went into decline, trying to become Prince. This lasted until '94 when he got back on track with the Sacrifice album. The Exile album of '97 I rank among his best, but after that he got caught up in this goth-nu metal thing which he doesn't seem to be able to get out of, seems to be much money in that kind of sound though, so I don't blame him.

Many people just wrote of Numan being a Bowie clone, but that would be like comparing Erik Satie to Jerry Lee Lewis. Completely different sound and vision.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”