Announcing True Cowbells

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

eDrummist wrote:the "add to cart" link doesn't work on VI-Labs True Cowbells.
It doesn't seem to work in Firefox. Try Chrome or another browser.

not working for me on Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Opera.
esoundz: barreltone

Meffy wrote:
eDrummist wrote:the "add to cart" link doesn't work on VI-Labs True Cowbells.
It doesn't seem to work in Firefox. Try Chrome or another browser.
Thanks Meffy, I eventually did get this to download earlier today using Chrome and was surprised to find it's a real library.

I was certain it was just an April Fool's Day joke after the date of the thread, watching the video, listening to the "Don't Fear the Reaper" demo and when the link for the library didn't work. Even more, the whole idea of April Fool's Day deep sampled cowbell library was very familiar to me because Gregjazz and I actually wrote the "Epic Cowbell" post together, cracking each other up the whole way through. But unfortunately, the extensively sampled "Epic Cowbell" library was just an April Fool's Day joke. "True Cowbells" is the real deal!

Thanks for the free library, VI-Labs! Note to everyone else at KVR, this is a real library...of cowbells!

And don't forget the classic Rad Monkey cowbell emulator.

I was sure it was a joke, and assumed the button was a dummy. Looks as if the real dummy was between my keyboard and chair. Got it now, will install when there's time.

Meffy wrote:And don't forget the classic Rad Monkey cowbell emulator.

I was sure it was a joke, and assumed the button was a dummy. Looks as if the real dummy was between my keyboard and chair. Got it now, will install when there's time.
OSI Layer 8 error ?

Wow this is real...

But if you are on a slow line and have a small computer like me never forget

http://www.delamancha.co.uk/dynamite_cowbell.htm

!

Its a must have

:!:

tomtoo wrote:
Meffy wrote:And don't forget the classic Rad Monkey cowbell emulator.

OSI Layer 8 error ?
Exactly.

This is awesome. It's like hearing Killing in the Name Of for the first time all over again. :lol:

You now someone should do a compilation some time of cowbell memories :). Who can forget the first time you heard Lennon belting out "You Can't Do That"?!!

I'm glad you guys all like the cowbell. We were talking at the NAMM show this year and thought it may be funny to do. It is indeed an April Fools joke, but at the same time it's also a real sample library so I'm sure people out there can get some use out of it.

We've also hidden some secrets in it. First one to find the secret and e-mail contact@vilabsaudio.com will get a free copy of True Keys Pianos.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the secret has been found. I've received several replies and it was indeed close. Congrats to the guys who were able to track it down so quickly.

Thanks!

Ryan @ VI Labs

What was the secret?

vi-labs wrote:I just wanted to let everyone know that the secret has been found. I've received several replies and it was indeed close. Congrats to the guys who were able to track it down so quickly.

Thanks!

Ryan @ VI Labs
Never mess with KVR geeks. :hihi:

Follow along with the Cowbell on the Blue Oyster Cult song demo on C3.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”