How much time does it take you to produce a sound library?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tricky-Loops wrote:If you compare the working effort (time) to purchases (money), how much do you get per hour? :?:
Not enough. :hihi:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:If you compare the working effort (time) to purchases (money), how much do you get per hour? :?:
Not enough. :hihi:
In my case it's roughly the minimum wage I get per hour, probably a bit less.

It depends for me really. Usually a few weeks if they're mostly synth based. I also format them too so that tacks on time. I've knocked a couple out in less than two weeks in the past but those were days when I was feeling really inspired. The Brazilian Lounge kit I'm working on right now is all live so it's taking more like two months to complete.

I might add that I've produced well over 100 kits in the past decade LOL

SampleScience wrote:This is a question for all the sound loops producers on the forum. I've just finished a 260 sample loop library to be released soon and it took me around three months to produce!! :shock: It shows in the final product though, everything sounds very good! :) So I wonder, how much time does it take you to produce a loop library or a Kontakt instrument? Do you spend 10-12 hours of sampling work a day for several months to make it?
I sampled my Wurlitzer 120, started with only a few velocity layers, then ended up going in and doing loads more, ended going every key with up to 30 or so samples (with lots more recorded and rejected due to bad hits or noise or other problems). I then cleaned up the noise from the amp on every sample, being careful to have to re-profile everytime the tone of the noise changed (which was often - we're talking about a 68 year old tube amp). All in all we're talking 1,800+ .wav files spread across under 2GBs.

It took a solid 4 months to do dedicating several hours a day. At least now I have a sample library that plays better than the real thing!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I sampled my Wurlitzer 120, started with only a few velocity layers, then ended up going in and doing loads more, ended going every key with up to 30 or so samples (with lots more recorded and rejected due to bad hits or noise or other problems). I then cleaned up the noise from the amp on every sample, being careful to have to re-profile everytime the tone of the noise changed (which was often - we're talking about a 68 year old tube amp). All in all we're talking 1,800+ .wav files spread across under 2GBs.

It took a solid 4 months to do dedicating several hours a day. At least now I have a sample library that plays better than the real thing!
I wanna hear it. Where can I do that?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
SampleScience wrote:This is a question for all the sound loops producers on the forum. I've just finished a 260 sample loop library to be released soon and it took me around three months to produce!! :shock: It shows in the final product though, everything sounds very good! :) So I wonder, how much time does it take you to produce a loop library or a Kontakt instrument? Do you spend 10-12 hours of sampling work a day for several months to make it?
I sampled my Wurlitzer 120, started with only a few velocity layers, then ended up going in and doing loads more, ended going every key with up to 30 or so samples (with lots more recorded and rejected due to bad hits or noise or other problems). I then cleaned up the noise from the amp on every sample, being careful to have to re-profile everytime the tone of the noise changed (which was often - we're talking about a 68 year old tube amp). All in all we're talking 1,800+ .wav files spread across under 2GBs.

You should sell it, or maybe set up a torrent for it. Wurlitzers have a beautiful sound.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”