Sounds for Kontakt and SoundPacks on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I just released two items for Kontakt 4 and higher, bot are excerpts from soundsets I originally produced for Alchemy.

----

Flagolet Guitar
Kontakt 4 - 66.6 MB unzipped - 48Khz/24Bit/stereo - 4 nkis/Instruments
38 Samples compressed using Kontakt's ncw format - 2 Impulse Responses
Price: 7.50 €

Content:
This soundset contains 4 guitar flagolet patches played on an acoustic western guitar and sampled in L-C-R using 3 high quality Neumann microphones. These samples and their electronic derivatives were originally produced for my Alchemy Bank Warped Strings.

There are 4 instruments/nkis available:

3 Flago Chords Split XFade
3 flagolet chords plucked with the fingernail and their electronic derivatives split across the keyboards:
Chord 1 - C0 - B1 - root note E1
Chord 2 - C2 - B3 - root note E3
Chord 3 - C4 - C6 - root note E5

Controls:
The Modwheel crossfades between the pure flagolet samples and their electronic derivatives. You can reverse the samples using the keyswitch B-1, the default setting for normal playback is A-1.

A modified script from the factory library gives you control over:

Knob 1 - Attack
Knob 2 - Release
Knob 3 - Lowpass Filter Cutoff
Knob 4 - Temposynced Filter Modulation
Knob 5 - Modulation Speed
Knob 6 - Convo Reverb Mix, an Impulse Response made with good old EMT245 is creating the reverbration
Knob 7 - Chorus Mix
Knob 8 - Chorus Speed

Pitchbend is set to +2/-2 semitones.

4 Coin Flago Chords Split XFade
4 Flagolet chords and their 4 electronic derivates plucked with a coin (Euro) split across the keyboard
Chord 1 - C0 - G#1 - root E1
Chord 2 - A1 - D#3 - root E2
Chord 3 - E3 - G#4 - root B3
Chord 4 - A4 - C7 - root B5

Controls:
The Modwheel crossfades between the pure flagolet samples and their electronic derivatives. You can reverse the samples using the keyswitch B-1, the default setting for normal playback is A-1.

Knob 1 - Attack
Knob 2 - Release
Knob 4 - Low EQ, middle position->no change
Knob 5 - Reverb Mix
Knob 6 - Amount of Convolution Reverb, an Impulse Response I made using the B2 Plug-In is creating the reverbration
Knob 7 - Flanger Mix
Knob 8 - Flanger Speed

Flago 6strings RR2 2Vel
Flagolet samples on 6 strings (3rd position) plucked with the fingernail with 2 velocity layers and 2X Round Robin, Range: C0 - C6

Controls:
The Modwheel adds pitch modulation/vibrato.

Knob 1 - Attack
Knob 2 - Release
Knob 4 - Saturation Amount
Knob 5 - Stereo Phasing
Knob 6 - Amount of Convolution Reverb, an Impulse Response I made using the B2 Plug-In is creating the reverbration
Knob 7 - Chorus Mix
Knob 8 - Chorus Speed

Flago E2 RR2 2Vel
Flagolet samples played on the low E-String (3rd position) - 2 velocities, 2X Round Robin

Knob 1 - Attack
Knob 2 - Release
Knob 4 - velocitiy to filter cutoff, reduce the filer cutoff and then dial in knob 4 to control the cutoff with the velocity
Knob 5 - Aftertouch to pitch, nice for expressive little glissandi
Knob 6 - Amount of Convolution Reverb, an Impulse Response made with good old EMT245 is creating the reverbration
Knob 7 - Flanger Mix
Knob 8 - Flanger Speed

Note: All customers of Warped Strings for Alchemy can get this item for free, just contact me and I will send you the download link.

The demo was produced improvising with 3 instances of Kontak using the first 3 patches from the list, no post processing was applied apart from a Limiter on the Master Outputs.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/f ... ix-kontakt

Product page

----

I just released a first excerpt from Alchemistry Beyond for Alchemy, now available for Kontakt 4, more excerpts will follow:

Surreal Snippets
Kontakt 4 - 33.2 MB unzipped - 48Khz/24Bit/stereo - 1 nki/Instrument
5 Samples compressed using Kontakt's ncw format
Price: 4.50 €

Content:
This patch uses 5 instrumental snippets recorded during an improvisation wih several musicians and originally belongs to my Alchemy Bank Alchemistry Beyond. These snippets were later processed with various tools and all are split across the keyboard:
  • Snippet 01 Cello - mapped from C-2 - F1, root note F1
    Snippet 02 Cello - mapped from F#1- B2, root note F2
    Snippet 03 Cello Doppler - mapped from C3- F4, root note F3
    Snippet 04 Squeaks and Cello - mapped from F#4 - B5, root note D5
    Snippet 05 Squeaks and Drone Doppler - mapped from C6 - G8, root note D#7
Controls:
The Modwheel moves the sample playhead to the right and slightly increases attack time to avoid clicking. A modified Midi script from the Factory Library gives you control over:
  • Knob 1 - Attack

Knob 2 - Release

Knob 3 - Amplitude Modulation

Knob 3 - Modulation Speed

Knob 5 - Lowpass Filter Cutoff

Knob 6 - Amount of Stereo Delay

Pitchbend is set to +2/-2 semitones
Note: All customers of Alchemistry Beyond can get this item for free, just contact me and I will send you the download link.

The demo was produced improvising with one instance of Kontakt, no post processing was applied apart from a Limiter on the Master Outputs.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... ntakt-demo

----

Thank's for reading

Simon Stockhausen
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Love the "Flagolet Guitar Mix" demo - simply beautiful...

Cheers Simon

losan wrote:Love the "Flagolet Guitar Mix" demo - simply beautiful...

Cheers Simon
Thank you, Frank :)

The term 'Flagolet' doesn't do it justice. What about Ecstatic Harmonic? Ok, that's two words. What about Overtonicbliss? Spaceolet? Sweetmonics? Words fail at capturing the exquisite - that's why music was invented. Thanks, Simon, for creating exquisite sounds to expand our sonic vocabulary.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:The term 'Flagolet' doesn't do it justice. What about Ecstatic Harmonic? Ok, that's two words. What about Overtonicbliss? Spaceolet? Sweetmonics? Words fail at capturing the exquisite - that's why music was invented. Thanks, Simon, for creating exquisite sounds to expand our sonic vocabulary.
Ha, Ecstatic Harmonic would maybe be a bit over the top concerning the marketing blurb, but I'll keep the terms Spaceolet and Sweetmonics in mind for future releases :)

Beautiful demos and instruments. Thank you!
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Vospi wrote:Beautiful demos and instruments. Thank you!
Thank you :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:Flagolet Guitar
Kontakt 4 - 66.6 MB unzipped
Quite devilish. ;)

EvilDragon wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Flagolet Guitar
Kontakt 4 - 66.6 MB unzipped
Quite devilish. ;)
Yes, I noticed that too, I could have added a dummy sample to change that number, on the other hand I don't believe in stuff like that :)

Some work in progress:

A vibraphone sequence I played and recorded in my studio first edited in Melodyne for fixing some timing issues, then treating it with some stutter effects, then importing the result into Kontakt 5 using the Beatslicer in Time Machine Pro HQ mode, jamming along and tweaking/automating the formant shift parameter. Some B2 Reverb added in the mix.
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/v ... akt-tm-pro

I just sent around a fix for one of the nkis from Flagolet Guitar, as it was referring to a wrong IR (with the .wav ending, although I had compressed it to ncw), resulting in a missing file message. So please check your inboxes or spam folders.

Simon

Another temposynced vibra sequence in Kontakt 5:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/v ... e-2-tm-pro

A timestretched and processed vibraphone ambience in Kontakt 5:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/v ... pe-kontakt

Another patch from Vibraland for Kontakt 5 coming pretty soon on patchpool:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... akt-5-demo

Another Vibra Sequence from Vibraland:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/v ... ntakt-demo

Return to “Soundware”