FREE: Alexis D-Four ... 90s drum sounds

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This discussion will never end...

Chokehold, if you're still very interested in the render project, maybe it would be good to contact Alesis again, just to make things very clear (despite i had the same conclusion as you when reading Alesis e-mail).

Cheers,
Henri

ghettosynth wrote:
hollowsun wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:He might have had better success if he was say, oh, I don't know, perhaps someone like Stephen from hollowsun, and approached Alesis
I dunno - I don't suppose I'd have any more luck than Mr Hold despite my previous association with the company. Companies are very protective of their IP these day. Right or wrong but I can't say I blame them.

Stephen
Of course, maybe you're not a big enough fish :)
Oi! ;)

No - I worked with them for many years and I know how protective they are (or can be) about IP.

HenriAugusto wrote:This discussion will never end...
Yes, but the other side of that is that it instantly ends because there is really nothing to say. As Captain Kirk once said with that inimitable William Shatner smoothness "...that just goes to show there's no such thing as a perfect solution."

I use sampled instruments because I accepted a while back I couldn't survive without them. So...mea culpa.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

[FanBoy]
I've cracked a crash before, but never a Zildjian. After someone mentioning and seeing this, I'm even more proud to be a Zildjian cymbal user for my drum set. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ZPack What a neat move!
[/FanBoy]

Now if only they gave you a library of samples free when you buy the real cymbal, now THAT would be neat. :)

The funniest part of the thread is where a poster argue that it takes time and effort to record and edit the sounds that came with the D4, which constitute, in the poster eyes, a valid argument for not sampling it. For that matter, we shouldn't samples analog synthesizers because of all the enginering, energy and efforts that is needed to create them. Endless hours of studies to become an engineer, create the dawn thing years later and here we go someone samples it and makes money out of it! :hihi:

At the end of the day, the guy just defend his business practices... c'mon!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”