KONTAKT 5 problem: THE PATCH IS ENCRYPTED AND CANNOT BE LOADED UNLESS...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I ran into almost a Catch-22 unable to have a version of Service Center that could sort the libraries that were created past a point of no return, in 5.3 for instance. So I had things which installed but would only work in demo mode until I sorted Service Center by fixing the installer so it worked on OSX.6.8.

egbert wrote:I have had issues with authorisation of legit libraries. The first problem is knowing which folder will be identified as the library. It is usually the samples folder and not the folder with the same name as the library. That seems dumb to me - the program should look in sub-folders of the folder it is pointed to.

On one occasion something screwed up during the original installation and I was advised to remove the library and repeat the process from the start.

This was the procedure given by support:
1. remove library from the browser, click gear icon and do remove library
2. remove the Service Center product xml file

Mac: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center/"library name".xml
PC: C:Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center\"library name".xml

3. re- add library to Kontakt browser
Yes, that sorts Service Center's failure of interaction with Kontakt GUI; the .xml is where Kontakt's tie-in with the library item resides. Apparently it's not perfect.

That advice has nothing to do with activation. If you do manage to get the library to show in the Browser-Libraries but that is not activated - IE., you have gone through an installation [of your legit library] but have yet to do the Service Center bit first - there will be a button 'Activate' which will take you to Service Center.

So there seems to be a confusion of these two things. But, the things that make a Kontakt Library are in the top directory (That is data to make the graphics work. However once Service Center has done its number your authority to use is part of Product Name.nicnt. Now the activation is done.). Even as the encrypted samples are below that in Samples.

jancivil wrote: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:18 pm Well, every library I have puts the thing that makes it a 'Library' item (aka 'Powered by Kontakt'), the info.nkx or x.nicnt in the top directory. Ultimately these contain a code which represents your Service Center authorisation to use the encrypted samples.

The Service Center xml file is how Kontakt knows to prompt activation when it hasn't happened yet.
It's created when the above file is found. The OP has "I read on some web sites advices that I must copy some files with extensions *.nkx and *.nkc, in some other folders" and if these are found (and legit) directing Kontakt to them works like I said. If support's procedure works, it's because the files are found by Kontakt. Absent these files + no authorisation, the "encrypted and cannot be loaded" appears. And if these files are someone else's (already registered) files, they won't work in legit Kontakt at all.

I would not run into that message as I would authorise the library first. In case of a botched installation of that activated product, with somehow missing info.nkx etc, the message would be 'no library found', actually.

HELLO THERE, can you tell me where to place the the info.nkx files please??? Thanks a lot
:phones:

it is found by kontakt (this was supplanted yrs ago by the .nicnt, just as Service Center has by Native Access) _in the top directory_ in a successful legit installation

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”