KONTAKT 5 problem: THE PATCH IS ENCRYPTED AND CANNOT BE LOADED UNLESS...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I am trying to put new samples of instruments and load them into Kontakt 5 virtual instrument, but I can't get rid of this message, and I read on some web sites advices that I must copy some files with extensions *.nkx and *.nkc, in some other folders, but I didn't understand precisely what I need to do.

I'll very apreciate any help.

Thank you!

Neznamnista wrote:Hi, I am trying to put new samples of instruments and load them into Kontakt 5 virtual instrument, but I can't get rid of this message, and I read on some web sites advices that I must copy some files with extensions *.nkx and *.nkc, in some other folders, but I didn't understand precisely what I need to do.

I'll very apreciate any help.

Thank you!
What version of Kontakt, what OS?
"What embecile composed this list :/"

first, this belongs in "instruments", not "effects" (or maybe "samples,...").
second, you probably should have posted the whole error-message:
"this patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective library is registered properly"

so did you register the library?

if so, you shouldn't copy any files somewhere. instead ask the developer of the library if there really is problem with the samples (which btw?)

Use the "Add Library" function in Libraries tab of Kontakt's browser.

Thank you, I solved problem!

Neznamnista wrote:Thank you, I solved problem!
How did you it because I need help!!!

Read my post again.

HOW DID YOU RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE ? , IHAVE THE SAME ERROR WITH THE MESSAGE This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless
the respective Library is registered properly
THANKS

It is like EvilDragon said. You have to add the library to Kontakt 5 - use the Add Library function in the Libraries TAB.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

I am having the same problem with the "Patch is encrypted"

The problem is that when I try to add the library, it says none found.

I think I'm using 5.2.0

JustinJayBeats wrote:I think I'm using 5.2.0
Upgrade to latest version. Libs created with a later version of Kontakt, will not load in a previous version.

When troubleshooting, upgrading to latest version of software is usually the first thing I do.

If you are using Kontakt 5.2.0 upgrading to latest version is free.

the thing that Kontakt 5 has to see in the folder you direct it to for the library to show is the file 'name of library.nicnt'; or if it's an older library instrument, K4, 'info.nkx'. If you do not have these, it doesn't happen.

"I read on some web sites advices that I must copy some files with extensions *.nkx and *.nkc, in some other folders," and trying to add them finding 'the patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded' sounds to me like you downloaded torrentz. These do not wind up in 'some other folders', an installation of the thing *will* place info.nkx, info.nkc, or the Kontakt 5 .nicnt in the correct place so that when you direct Kontakt to the 'library name' top directory it adds the library items. What you will see if you have not entered the serial number into Service Center and authorized it before installing is an opportunity to 'activate'.

The 'encrypted/cannot be loaded' indicates that the 'installation' did not place the Service Center preference file where it belongs, which is not a good sign here.

amito2014 wrote:HOW DID YOU RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE ? , IHAVE THE SAME ERROR WITH THE MESSAGE This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless
the respective Library is registered properly
THANKS
In all probability they obtained a crack of Kontakt. The answer to this exact question is: you see it in Service Center, enter your serial key, and activate. In a legit installation, a Service Center pref file is installed and this library shows up in Service Center ready to activate. I have a version of Service Center I had to 'snowify' to make it possible for the current SC to install here (in order to update a number of things which NI doesn't support on OSX.6.8 anymore) which is where I found out about the mechanism. But there's your answer, you need to go through Service Center for that library to happen in a legit version of Kontakt.

I have had issues with authorisation of legit libraries. The first problem is knowing which folder will be identified as the library. It is usually the samples folder and not the folder with the same name as the library. That seems dumb to me - the program should look in sub-folders of the folder it is pointed to.

On one occasion something screwed up during the original installation and I was advised to remove the library and repeat the process from the start.

This was the procedure given by support:
1. remove library from the browser, click gear icon and do remove library
2. remove the Service Center product xml file

Mac: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center/"library name".xml
PC: C:Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center\"library name".xml

3. re- add library to Kontakt browser
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

Well, every library I have puts the thing that makes it a 'Library' item (aka 'Powered by Kontakt'), the info.nkx or x.nicnt in the top directory. Ultimately these contain a code which represents your Service Center authorisation to use the encrypted samples.

The Service Center xml file is how Kontakt knows to prompt activation when it hasn't happened yet.
It's created when the above file is found. The OP has "I read on some web sites advices that I must copy some files with extensions *.nkx and *.nkc, in some other folders" and if these are found (and legit) directing Kontakt to them works like I said. If support's procedure works, it's because the files are found by Kontakt. Absent these files + no authorisation, the "encrypted and cannot be loaded" appears. And if these files are someone else's (already registered) files, they won't work in legit Kontakt at all.

I would not run into that message as I would authorise the library first. In case of a botched installation of that activated product, with somehow missing info.nkx etc, the message would be 'no library found', actually.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat May 24, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”