The Best Drum Sample Library!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a video link demonstrating the TG elements Studio G. Core Kit, which will be available for sale on tgelements.com by Nov 1st. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WTKUGto9Bk
TG elements - Virtual Instruments With Soul.

sure
Give me samples. More samples!

A little bit more info?

No dev page, the YT link is blocked for German users (stating that it has GEMA content), and the other thread was nuked by the mods.

So who are you?
What did you create?
Where can we read up about it?
What will it cost?
For what platform will it be (sampler, OS, etc)?
What is the Copyprotection Scheme (if there is any)

Sorry - but my magic ball is out for maintenance.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

i dont even take this serious. best drums.. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Okay, so I was able to snag the video through... an offliberty meaning.

This thing apparently has 20GB of samples, 9 HiHat positions (uhm, okay), Multiple Mic Positions, and "More layers and alternate hits than every other drum library to date".

They do not(!) show the plugin or the sample set (if it might be Kontakt), but they use a Mac and ProTools, played on a custom Roland TD Kit. The backing tracks came from "Jammit", and this triggered the GEMA warning (they use Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters and Nirvana as backing tracks - the drums are played live).

First impression:
Not impressed.

Second impression:
Still not impressed. More layers and more hihat positions don't make this set instantly the best.

Slate Digital for example (with SSD4) only offers a GUI with barely any editing posibilities, and you can get instant great sounds out of it. And it only costs 199USD. In direct comparision, the currently free Sennheiser Drummic'a (bound to Kontakt) - even better, and you also have barely any editing capabilities (especially not pitching). Heck even Jamstix with the right EQ and compression can get to the sound that is presented there.

But here, we don't even know what this is. Is this for Kontakt, is it an own VSTi (obvioulsy it will be AAX, and AAX needs iLok routines), etc.

So... as long as there is no further info, I'm sceptical.

There was a trademark filed end of August for "TG Elements", which leads to "Studio G Productions", but that one leads to a dead end. Facebook leads to a film, and another one to a photograph company. And another links leads to a studio page in the UK, but I don't think that it's them.

I'm actually a bit offended that I have to do research to find out what this is, and to actually do promotion in the process. I should get paid by them!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Heh. 20Gb is only barely bigger than ns_kit7 ("18.7 GB (20,082,508,673 bytes)"), which comes with 16 hihat positions. I'm left completely cold by someone trying to impress with only 9. Most of that 20Gb is likely to be multi-mic'ing, which still fails to impress me in general. (I find I spend ages and ages trying to coax an acceptable sound out of a kit and, once I have, save it and never adjust it again. I guess some people like this.)

Compyfox wrote:But here, we don't even know what this is. Is this for Kontakt, etc.
The youtube played here no worries.

It's not more really than some guy with an e-kit playing the drum parts to some hard pop metal I don't have a lot of time for. it's hard to say much about the sound from that.

It is for Kontakt. "demonstrates the TG elements drum sample library created for Native Instruments Kontakt" - googling the operative phrase in that didn't get me anything pointing to the company let alone this product.

'hi hat positions', well the thing about BFD2 is the open & partly open articulations use variable positions, I would find it kind of cumbersome to have a lot of discrete positions; what, all at different midi notes?
I think 20GB for ONE KIT seems like an awful lot given the demo, which was pretty pedestrian and all more or less the same really loud approach.

'The Best Drums' for what? :shrug:

Dear Powell Randolph: no offense, but either you're not accurate in your playing, or the samples are not cut properly.
Timing is so often off that it's uncomfortable to listen to. Other than that, I'm not impressed either. Sorry!
Alexis

I would find it kind of cumbersome to have a lot of discrete positions; what, all at different midi notes?
I would expect correct use of MIDI Foot Controller (CC4) and appropriate mapping.

The Best Drum Sample Library x -The Best Drum Sample Library

pljones wrote:Heh. 20Gb is only barely bigger than ns_kit7 ("18.7 GB (20,082,508,673 bytes)"), which comes with 16 hihat positions. I'm left completely cold by someone trying to impress with only 9. Most of that 20Gb is likely to be multi-mic'ing, which still fails to impress me in general. (I find I spend ages and ages trying to coax an acceptable sound out of a kit and, once I have, save it and never adjust it again. I guess some people like this.)
Do they have a website for ns kit 7?

I wonder what happened to the guy who made that huge kit which shipped on its own hard drive? I think that was the best sounding sampled drumkit to date.
"Always outnumbered, never outgunned"
'There are some sissies who paint their face and listen emo-metal'

ns_kit7 was sold by its creator to Atelier Robin Inc on March 26 2008 and now lives at http://naturaldrum.com/. The name "ns_kit7" and all related marques were not transferred, so the kit is now officially known as "Natural Drum Kit" (NDK). I don't know if the site still works (as I got mine on pre-order from its creator back in 2005).

I don't own many big kits. I've now three I like. ns_kit7 still remains my "default" (mostly because I'm used to it and it just works, I guess). But DrumMic'A sounds excellent for a freebie (if you can ignore the dire scripting). And then, I've got my sforzando mapping of Analogue Drums' Plastique just finished and I'm quite enjoying that, too - and it's comparatively tiny! :)

pljones wrote:
I would find it kind of cumbersome to have a lot of discrete positions; what, all at different midi notes?
I would expect correct use of MIDI Foot Controller (CC4) and appropriate mapping.
seems fundamental doesn't it. so '9' 'positions'; I'm not sure what that says without more info, is my point. the 'good' hats I set up in BFD2 are typically 12 and 13 articulations and where there is 'V' in the name, 'Variable'.

The regular articulations have layers. So, '20 GB' could point to that in any case. If '9' is supposed to address literal positions of open vis a vis closed... donno, to see that by itself encourages my skepticism more than anything else (more 'position's but what mapping). IE: BFD2 has five positions, the range is set per the articulation if 'V', and there is no deficiency in this paradigm except for what's lacking in the samples.

it's a competitive field so the developer has some work on the presentation to look at.

pljones wrote:ns_kit7 was sold by its creator to Atelier Robin Inc on March 26 2008 and now lives at http://naturaldrum.com/. The name "ns_kit7" and all related marques were not transferred, so the kit is now officially known as "Natural Drum Kit" (NDK). I don't know if the site still works (as I got mine on pre-order from its creator back in 2005).

I don't own many big kits. I've now three I like. ns_kit7 still remains my "default" (mostly because I'm used to it and it just works, I guess). But DrumMic'A sounds excellent for a freebie (if you can ignore the dire scripting). And then, I've got my sforzando mapping of Analogue Drums' Plastique just finished and I'm quite enjoying that, too - and it's comparatively tiny! :)
Seems it has not been updated since 2008.

Found the other kit http://www.mixosaurus.com/

Only 145 GB, one drum kit. Comes on its own HD. I doubt anyone has done better sounding kit than this since including this thread's kit. Listen to the audio examples. :)

jancivil wrote:
pljones wrote:
seems fundamental doesn't it. so '9' 'positions'; I'm not sure what that says without more info, is my point. the 'good' hats I set up in BFD2 are typically 12 and 13 articulations and where there is 'V' in the name, 'Variable'.

The regular articulations have layers. So, '20 GB' could point to that in any case. If '9' is supposed to address literal positions of open vis a vis closed... donno, to see that by itself encourages my skepticism more than anything else (more 'position's but what mapping). IE: BFD2 has five positions, the range is set per the articulation if 'V', and there is no deficiency in this paradigm except for what's lacking in the samples.

it's a competitive field so the developer has some work on the presentation to look at.
It can also mean different positions of the drum stick. All cymbals give different sound depending how and where you hit it.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”