Introducing Pads for Kontakt 5

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Or you could've just done the batch resave. ;) "Pads V1.0.0" is a very ugly folder name :)
Yup. But Kontakt Player users might want to buy this lib to, and use it in Kontakt demo mode, and they can't batch resave unfortunately.
Right, I pinpointed the issue. After Jon did batch compress to NCW, all NKIs get the path to NKR written absolutely (stupid thing to do, but it's just one more Kontakt idiosyncracy), so it necessitates a batch resave right after that.

I told Jon this and I think he refreshed the downloads so that this doesn't happen. Future expansions for Pads (and other products) won't have this issue.

Just bought this - awesome sounds and sounds great!

Do they intend to do regular updates?

Ruth :)

First update with over 1 GB of samples already went out!

Hi Ruth,

Happy you're pleased with Pads. As EvilDragon said the first update is already out, and it was included in your download. The next update, which I'm working on at the moment will be out this time next week. You, and everyone else thats bought it will get an email with a download link.

There will be regular updates.

Thanks,

Jon

I'm just wondering a little

I bougth Pads

And then a little later the first update/expansion was released, Nov 25: Pads+Update+1.zip

And this weekend I got an E-mail that a new one update/expansion is out. Great :-)

So I downloaded it today, the file is called: Pads+Update+3.zip

But did I miss an update then, I can't remember that I got an E-mail about the Pads+Update+2.zip

Hope I didn't miss it, I dunno if such a mail could have got stuck in my spamfilter :help:

hehe.. i asked myself the same question like Numanoid but forgot about it. seems +3 is the second update.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Hi,

After downloading the 3 update released yesterday you're up to date. When I've updated Pads, the update has been included within the purchase file. There have been 3 updates, but the updates have been included in the original download file, which has changed 3 times in size!
From now on, however, due to size, all updates will be separate. 2GB every month will add up!

murnau wrote:hehe.. i asked myself the same question like Numanoid but forgot about it. seems +3 is the second update.
He he :D

Looks like there was a skip from 1 to 3

I don't think a message about a possible 2 could have ended up in so many spamfilters

Actually, I think update 1 or update 2 was the fix for paths (samples missing dialog).

Numanoid wrote:I'm just wondering a little

I bougth Pads

And then a little later the first update/expansion was released, Nov 25: Pads+Update+1.zip

And this weekend I got an E-mail that a new one update/expansion is out. Great :-)

So I downloaded it today, the file is called: Pads+Update+3.zip :
Well. I got the e-mail for the first update, but haven't gotten one since - so I tried changing the +1 to +3, and it's downloading now... I guess it's a good thing I check KVR (4 or 5 times a day)

Thanks, guys!!

insusurro wrote: 2GB every month will add up!
Wow, that is some great value for money :tu: :love:

Great sounds, but ... any chance of a Kontakt 4 version?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Unfortunately, no, we're using instrument busses to be able to re-route FX and great new K5 filters.

EvilDragon wrote:Unfortunately, no, we're using instrument busses to be able to re-route FX and great new K5 filters.
thats good! it's alway the best to use the best. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

The routing system that ED did is really really awesome - only on K5.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”