Unreal! Nine Volt Audio going out of business!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got the email.

That's sad news. They've done some good stuff.
:(

Quite a surprise here's the content for those interested;

"Nine Volt Audio is shutting its doors.

In January 2014 we will stop selling our libraries.

In a few days we will launch a "Going Out of Business" Group Buy sale.

A Group Buy is a sale where the deal gets better as more people purchase.

Before the sale is announced publicly, we will offer you a 72-hour window to get the best possible deal of the Group Buy - GUARANTEED - with no waiting and no wondering.

Stay tuned for details!"

The FUNK?!

Is that still the backlash of the hacked 9Volt releases?

Damn, I always tried to spend a buck rather than being a cheapstake and go through FaceCrook. But this is MORE than sad news.

Still don't have that Taiko Lib, and I still don't have the funds either. I really hope Kyle get's in touch with the creator of the original Tsaiko to keep that thing alive. One of the best Taiko sample sets on the market - period!

And half of his REX libraries are an outstanding alternative to Zero-G's Total REX/Pure REX (though Pure REX is a sad compilation compared to Total REX).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Sad Day. I've purchased quite a few of their Libraries. The quality always top notch. Hope they do well in the Group Buy Sale.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:(

Compyfox wrote:The FUNK?!

Is that still the backlash of the hacked 9Volt releases?
If it is then something really needs to be done about these warez sites. :x

What a pity to hear this news.

(Not so) Happy Musiking!
dsan

Got the mail as well. Sad news but I fear other companies will follow soon.
Last edited by MaxSynths on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sad news indeed.

9Volt even dropped prices a couple of months ago with the "buy the complete set" deal, Taiko 2 is still among the best Taiko libraries on the market...

I think this all hurt big time. On top of the Facebook deals and Giveaways. While these were great appetizers, I tried to give at least some bucks in return rather than be plain leech.

This sucks big time.

MaxSynths wrote:Got the mail as well. Sad news but I fear other companies will follow soon.
But I fear that it unfortunately won't be those people that "should"(!) go down the drain due to their bad customer support or shady tactics.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

So it is, companies come and go. No word on their website though. Taiko library was on my scope for long time, but it's kinda out of my budget (considering that I don't really need a taiko lib). I'll keep an eye on them, maybe it will be in the group buy. Now that I wrote that, I start to feel like a vulture...

They could have lowered their prices permanently and they would still be in the competition!

Their products are already made, so they still could earn some money with them. Closing the whole business is an unwise decision...

My first thought was that I hoped the whole enterprise was absorbed by Spectrasonics. While there is NOTHING other than wishful thinking on my part to suggest this, there is no bitterness in the email to suggest that the reason for closing their doors is failure. Food for thought.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Tricky-Loops wrote:They could have lowered their prices permanently and they would still be in the competition!

Their products are already made, so they still could earn some money with them. Closing the whole business is an unwise decision...
Not necessarily - if that makes margins too thin so that profit is less than operating costs, then they're not going to make it.

Without knowing the details of their accounts it's hard to say whether that's viable or not.

Sad to see them go though.

robojam wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:They could have lowered their prices permanently and they would still be in the competition!

Not necessarily - if that makes margins too thin so that profit is less than operating costs, then they're not going to make it.

Without knowing the details of their accounts it's hard to say whether that's viable or not.

Sad to see them go though.
Exactly... Pricing products is always tough.

Price too high and you may have too few customers. Price too low and some will think your products are not professional enough. Advertise too much, people think you've sold out and must be raking in money, so you're greedy but still want more. Have too many sales, and people don't want to purchase at full price because they know it'll be available cheaper later, and you also can piss off early adopter who pay full price (who of course are less-likely to be repeat/loyal customers).

So many variables, so many ways to go wrong... and despite any speculation, we still wouldn't be any closer to knowing their reason for closing up shop. Anyway, I wish them all the best and especially that they go on to greater and better things. 8)

What is going to happen to Taiko afterwards? Will it be sold? Who will own ownership? Will the copyright of the library sink with its company??

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”