Unreal! Nine Volt Audio going out of business!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gregjazz wrote:For example, currently the "find_group" function returns "0" if no group is found. It's been pointed out a while back that this function should actually return "-1", since "0" would reference the very first group. However, if Native Instruments changed this, it would cause incompatibilities with some older libraries.
That's why they won't change it - they will rather make a new function that would work properly.

Just saw this. I was thinking I would go with the Taiko 2, but $140 more gets you everything. I'm guessing 38 titles, means/is all of their titles. I'm trying to look and see what else I'd use.

stikygum wrote:Just saw this. I was thinking I would go with the Taiko 2, but $140 more gets you everything. I'm guessing 38 titles, means/is all of their titles. I'm trying to look and see what else I'd use.
keep in mind the full pack does not include Taiko 2, only the first taiko

ezelkow1 wrote:
stikygum wrote:Just saw this. I was thinking I would go with the Taiko 2, but $140 more gets you everything. I'm guessing 38 titles, means/is all of their titles. I'm trying to look and see what else I'd use.
I'm not an instrumental loop user, but if you add up all the separate discounted prices for the percussion loop volumes, the Kontakt instruments, and Taiko 2, it adds up to over $500. $260 for all that (200 for the bundle + 60 for T2) is really not a bad deal, considering the quality of the craftsmanship.

Breeze wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:
I'm not an instrumental loop user, but if you add up all the separate discounted prices for the percussion loop volumes, the Kontakt instruments, and Taiko 2, it adds up to over $500. $260 for all that (200 for the bundle + 60 for T2) is really not a bad deal, considering the quality of the craftsmanship.
I didnt say it was a bad deal, just warning them since they were under the impression it came with taiko 2

I would have bought this bundle if it used a serial number instead of challenge/response.
Last edited by toine6 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the clarifications Greg :)

Back to topic, it's a huge shame to be losing Nine Volt from the world of sampling. I've picked up Taiko2 as well as the three duo libraries now. The Tongue Drum demos sound beautiful. Can't wait for the downloads to complete.

Best wishes to Kyle for his future endeavours.

Picked up a couple of libraries too. It's a steal, their quality is outstanding.

15 years ago these libraries would have given many game composers wet dreams. These days it's like.. whatever. My my, how times have changed.

toine6 wrote:I would have bought this bundle if it used a serial number instead of challenge/response.
I bought Taiko2, Stickbreakers and Shimmer+Shake. None of them use a Serial or CR. Just download, install and run in Kontakt full retail version 4 or higher. Not sure what the group buy requires.

dalor wrote:
toine6 wrote:I would have bought this bundle if it used a serial number instead of challenge/response.
I bought Taiko2, Stickbreakers and Shimmer+Shake. None of them use a Serial or CR. Just download, install and run in Kontakt full retail version 4 or higher. Not sure what the group buy requires.
"Each library is watermarked in multiple ways to the download code, serial number and purchaser associated with it. To install the library you will need to authorize it with our installer through the internet via a challenge/response code."

Hmmmm... Maybe someone could clarify how the group buy protection works,

It's the Rex library that uses the SN. It uses an application to download, which requires the serial number. Once downloaded the serial number is also used to run the Rex library installer. Works well -- no issues here.

Still got no answer to my Q's. So I guess I either roll the dice on this and get the Kontakt libraries only, or simply pass.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

emasters wrote:It's the Rex library that uses the SN. It uses an application to download, which requires the serial number. Once downloaded the serial number is also used to run the Rex library installer. Works well -- no issues here.
So by install, does it just throw all the rex files in to a folder you specify and call it done? I just wonder for backup purposes if its just some file/folder structure it creates that I can copy to my backup drive or if its something wierder

ezelkow1 - yes, you define the destination folder to place the extracted content that contains the rex files. It's very straight forward and the result is what you would expect -- a top-level folder that contains folders of rex files. Once done, you can place the folder(s) where you like.

You can even store them savely on your HDD once you've downloaded them. The "Watermark" system is really only for the REX content.

Actually... just rolled a dice, pulled a straight "1" and went for the Stickbreaker series. Still no answer by Kyle Z - but what the heck! Prices were never that low for Taiko 2, it'll complement Impact Soundworks KOTO Nation perfectly and I can pull off some excellent "Track Team" (Avatar: The Last Airbender) and Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica) stuff with it.

Downloads are not C/R'd - got no mail on that behalf. You get the content off of an Ejunkie server. With a 1,5MB/s download - that's fast on 16MBit DSL.

Thought about getting the whole bundle. But I wanted the REX versions as well, not just RMX/Kontakt - though no response by 9Volt.

Then I realized "wait a minute... you have RMX's stock content and TotalREX - you know how to do basic sound design - create your own 'Action Drums'...". Granted, not BPM Flex - but heck... I do have Action Toms 1&2 as well, and I have a sh*tload of drum machine samples, not to mention Kontakt's stock content, Jamstix, and what else is crawling around on my HDD.

More flexibility this way.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”