Free City Piano - Final Version, 4 Velocities + Release

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Addressing multiple issues in a single post, combined with the fact that for some reason my KVR forum has changed colours on the links to white on a light blue background making them nearly impossible to see, I'm only going to reply to the "Shifted Version" of City Piano in regards to the resonance. Is there a difference? Yes. However, it's not anything close to resembling sympathic resonance, which I think it truly mathematically taxing and requires convolution passes through IR Sampling (I just made that up, I fear my brain is making connections for which my typing fingers can't be held responsible). What I'm "hearing" is just the octave of each played at a lower volume. It's not really muddy, nor does it add to the "fullness" of the sound - it just makes it "different" - which isn't bad, just not what I think of in terms of resonance. When the hammer hits the piano string, it vibrates at its tuned frequency. The nearby strings pick up that sound and "hum" in sympathy, within the frequency range of their tuning and proximity. THAT'S what should be heard in resonance. HOW that's done is completely beyond my understanding. Remember, I'm still sleeping with a USB drive of downloaded samples under my pillow in hopes that music will emerge from it in the morning...

I will re-test the .nki files with the Samples from K3 which I just re-downloaded and will upload to the patches area per you suggestion....

Try this one out and let me know if we have sympathetic sympathetic resonance. Using the PSR Pro script, this version uses some pretty hefty CPU cycles and plays lots of notes, but it seems to work.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cdmzb ... SR_Pro.nki

https://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/poor- ... -piano-psr

Bump for Release Samples and all four velocity layers now fully sampled.
Thanks to everyone for playing along. A link to all the samples correctly named is at the bottom of the first post.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”