EthnoWorld5?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Best Service has the BOGO deal and has the EthnoWorld5 split into Instruments and Voices, which means you get the complete version for about 50% off.
I asked about this some time ago and the worst thing I hear about it was that one person thought the scripting was incomplete?
Anybody own or use this that would care to offer their experience and opinion?

I almost got through this sale without spending, but then they extended it to the 19th., so resistance is harder... :bang:

Hey there,

I recently did the same thing that you are thinking about. While I haven't had a LOT of a chance to play with it yet, it seems pretty complete to me.

Each of the instruments is layed out neatly into 5 tabbed pages, which allow for complete customisation of an instrument, including effects, performance controls etc. So I would hardly agree with whoever offered the opinion that it was "incomplete" scripting-wise?

Apparently some of the scripting was based on SIPS, if you are familiar with this.

You can also completely dry an instrument out too, if this is your preference, so that you can use any external effects of your choice (although the included ones sound pretty decent).

Also when listening to the dry instruments, they are all very cleanly recorded. Which means that you don't have to drown it in effects to hide any recording imperfections.

I would say go-for-it, if I were you. Especially at the current price.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Good to hear! Couldn't take it any longer and went for it, just waiting for BService to add the Voices & Choir to my account now.

I have like 32gb to download this weekend now...
:borg:

Does it have individual notes or phrases?

SirKen wrote:Does it have individual notes or phrases?
From what I could tell in the demos, the voice and choirs has both, but it I think it has more phrases. The instruments seems to have both also, but the phrases seem to be more of a trigger switching.

Of course, I haven't actually downloaded them yet. That's a ten mile trip to town where I can use someone's unlimited fios bandwidth this weekend...

The bulk of it is actual playable instruments rather than phrases/loops.
However there are also some idiomatic ornamentations and licks included via keyswitches.

It's hardly a "loop library" though.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

BBFG# wrote:
SirKen wrote:Does it have individual notes or phrases?
From what I could tell in the demos, the voice and choirs has both, but it I think it has more phrases. The instruments seems to have both also, but the phrases seem to be more of a trigger switching.

Of course, I haven't actually downloaded them yet. That's a ten mile trip to town where I can use someone's unlimited fios bandwidth this weekend...
Ben H wrote: The bulk of it is actual playable instruments rather than phrases/loops.
However there are also some idiomatic ornamentations and licks included via keyswitches.

Thank you. I was hoping to hear the opposite, so that I can save some money.

Ben H wrote:The bulk of it is actual playable instruments rather than phrases/loops.
Very happy to hear that! I prefer playability over quick loop shots. I was so disappointed in the NI George Duke set and almost equally so with Action Strings.
I find these do best for me in independent instruments played separately as a group (to throw off any perfect timing). I've been looking at this library since I found out EW uses the PACE/iLok and this seems to be the best in the number of instruments available.

Downloading this weekend, probably won't get it installed until the first of the week. Really looking forward to it.

Btw, I picked up the Siedlaczek Complete Orchestral Collection on this sale too. I just couldn't pass on these sets at this price since I've been looking at them so long!

BBFG# wrote:Btw, I picked up the Siedlaczek Complete Orchestral Collection on this sale too. I just couldn't pass on these sets at this price since I've been looking at them so long!
How is that one by the way? Did you have a chance to take a closer look?

Downloaded it today, second file corrupted. I'll retry tomorrow.

Got them downloaded, and installed.

Love the EthnoWorld 5 Instruments. and like the EthnoWorld Voices & Choirs very much. There are triggered one shop 'licks' as well as keyed instruments and some didn't have a keyed version, which is what I would prefer to have on everyone of them, but since there are very few instruments lacking it, I'm good with everything I got here. The V&C has more 'licks' than keys though and some of samples I feel I wouldn't use because of the phrasing. (I have friends from the original nation that would be insulted if I did.) Still there are plenty of very usable ahs, ohs and hmms along with vowel modulation that make it completely worth it too.

Complete Orchestra Collection left me a little underwhelmed though. I think I need to spend more time on it before I make any conclusion with it though. I will say this, I still prefer the IKM-MSO with some Garritan GIO backing it up for a quick, easy and good sounding orchestra at the moment.

BBFG# wrote:Got them downloaded, and installed.

Love the EthnoWorld 5 Instruments. and like the EthnoWorld Voices & Choirs very much. There are triggered one shop 'licks' as well as keyed instruments and some didn't have a keyed version, which is what I would prefer to have on everyone of them, but since there are very few instruments lacking it, I'm good with everything I got here. The V&C has more 'licks' than keys though and some of samples I feel I wouldn't use because of the phrasing. (I have friends from the original nation that would be insulted if I did.) Still there are plenty of very usable ahs, ohs and hmms along with vowel modulation that make it completely worth it too.

Complete Orchestra Collection left me a little underwhelmed though. I think I need to spend more time on it before I make any conclusion with it though. I will say this, I still prefer the IKM-MSO with some Garritan GIO backing it up for a quick, easy and good sounding orchestra at the moment.
Thank you, I appreciate your mini-review :) Too bad, the 2for1 deal is over. Might get the Instruments next time, I guess.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”