EAST WEST Steven Wilson Ghost writer is out.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Luke,

yes, most guitars do have key-switched instruments, as well as the 'single' instruments without key-switches. There are power chords instruments and various playing styles included. It's not the same for all of the guitars, though - but some are so heavily treated that a 'normal' playing style doesn't apply, anyway. You should think of this library as a huge collection of 'designed' sounds, rather than pure samples (there are some, though - like the acoustic guitars; but they are not really comparable to deeply sampled, specialized libraries: they are just meant as an additional 'color' to the collection of PT sounds included here).

It excels in that respect, and personally, I think you get much more 'bang for the buck' than with the 'Dark Side' (which I own as well). It's really a HUGE collection of stuff - there are tons of distorted and treated keys and guitars. The drums, basses and vocals are just a handful of instruments, though. However, the drums and the basses are outstanding, especially the for 'heavy' stuff - they will give you some of the "biggest" sounds you ever heard... ;-) The vocals are just a few male and a female pads (but if you like the background 'pad' type vocals of PT, then this is pretty unique, as the male pads are SW himselfs - you can hear these in the videos on EW's website; they are highly recommended, anyway, if you are a PT fan, as SW gives you an in-depth explanation of how he wrote the demos with the instrument; and you get the MIDI files for the demo songs there, too...!).

In short: If you are a fan of PT, then this is a must have, anyway. Some of the sounds will instantly conjure a big grin on your face, as you will know them from multiple PT albums... It's really like having Steven Wilson as a session musician. ;-)

Best,
TQ

Luke, You can download it, and demo it for 10 days and enter a songwriting contest.

Here is my entry in the ghostwriter songwriting competition

https://apps.facebook.com/whcontests/gh ... 24/2167250

Here is the soundcloud link
https://soundcloud.com/bill45heavy/halloweenepilologue

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”