Pure Jazz Vibes for Kontakt - NOW AVAILABLE!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We developed Pure Jazz Vibes in collaboration with Chris Poehler of Lujon Audio, who arranged and oversaw the entire sample recording as well as contributing his invaluable expertise to the production of the sample library itself. One of our top priorities for Pure Jazz Vibes was getting a pristine, yet natural vibraphone tone. We auditioned several vibraphones, finally selecting a 70's Musser Century Vibraphone due to its classic, warm tone. The Musser vibraphone is a legendary instrument, extensively used by vibraphone masters such as Gary Burton, Lionel Hampton, Milt Jackson, Bobby Hutcherson, Mike Mainieri, and many others.

The vibraphone recording session was engineered by Michael Aarvold at the WaterSound Productions studio in the heart of Studio City, California. Regarding the choice of WaterSound's studio to record the vibraphone samples, Michael says, "It has an exceptionally well-designed live room: the room maintains life and air in the sound, yet doesn't superimpose a distinctive and undesirable sonic signature. It is also extremely quiet, which is very important when recording delicate textures and maintaining a room aspect to the sound."

Key Features:
- Over 8 GB total 24-bit 48khz samples (uncompressed)
- 4 dynamic layers, up to 7x round-robin, chromatically sampled
- Separately controllable close, mid, and far mic positions
- Modeled tremolo with adjustable speed and depth

Audio demos:
Audio Demo #1: Afternoon in Paris
Audio Demo #2: Angular
Audio Demo #3: Sonoroso (Chris Poehler)
Audio Demo #4: Monsieur Hulot

Price:
We're currently having a $30 OFF introduction sale on Pure Jazz Vibes, so you can pick up your copy today for $99 (regularly $129)! This discount offer will expire on February 28th.

Format:
Due to the extensive scripting, this sample library is available in Kontakt 4+ format only. It requires the full retail version of Kontakt, so it is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.

Downloads:
Pure Jazz Vibes - User's Guide (PDF)

Visit the product page here: Pure Jazz Vibes vibraphone sample library for Kontakt

Or you can click here to order Pure Jazz Vibes directly
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Here's a video showing some of the features in Pure Jazz Vibes:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zcB6rmhya14
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

very nice demos .
I'm intrigued .

Here's an arrangement of Beautiful Love I recorded so you can hear Pure Jazz Vibes in a more exposed context, also with zero processing (no EQ, no reverb, etc.).

I mixed the mid and room mics pretty high. I played the vibes in through my MIDI keyboard, trying to keep the dynamics pretty soft so you can hear the richness of the tone. During the solo, I hit some notes a little harder as accents.

https://soundcloud.com/orange-tree-samp ... tiful-love

Remember, you have until the end of this month to get your copy of Pure Jazz Vibes at its $30 OFF introductory discount.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Just got a fantastic review of Pure Jazz Vibes from Jeff Beal, composer for TV/film works such as House of Cards, Blackfish, and Monk, to name a few.

Remember, the $30 OFF introductory discount on the Pure Jazz Vibes sample library for Kontakt only lasts until February 28th, so don't miss out!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

We're excited to announce that you can now download a playable demo version of our Pure Jazz Vibes sample library for Kontakt.

The demo version restricts the playable range (to a major 6th) and 2x round robin, but there are no other limitations. The most important thing we wanted to convey through the demo version is the quality of the instrument's tone, the sound of the available mic positions, and all the features available in the library's interface.

You can download your copy of the demo here.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”