FREE JD-850 and Etheral Kontakt Demo Instrument

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

True Murnau and NewAgeGuru, it has been discussed at length, but what I was actually trying to ask in my initial post was essentially " if the concern raised in the earlier discussion turned out to be valid, are there other products I could use to achieve similar sounds?"

When I was told by quantum7 that my concern was unfounded, I wanted to know a little bit more as to what about my concern he/she thought was unfounded, as if her/his answer convinced me I could buy JD-850 without potentially doing the wrong thing, well that would be awesome. It certainly wasn't my intention to restart the debate.

At any rate, I'm going to let my question go now. I need to learn a lot more about the fundamentals of synthesis, then I will be able to answer my own question.

Lode_Runner wrote:are there other products I could use to achieve similar sounds?
Legowelt made available a nice sample-CD sized package of JD-800:
http://awolfe.home.xs4all.nl/samples.html

These are one shot samples though, not multi-sampled, but pretty good I reckon :)

But it shouldn't be that difficult to emu some sort of D-50/JD-800 synth as a plug either, or what?:

"A digital synthesis method that creates sounds by attaching the attack portion of a sampled waveform to one or more internally generated waveforms."
http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/linear ... synthesis/

The hardest part would be to emu those "internally generated waveforms" as those were created by Rolands hardware circuits.

Thanks Numanoid :-) I think those Legowelt samples just might fall into the same bag of concerns though...

Thanks for the other info too, that'll help me on my steep learning curve. :) Anyway time for me to stop reviving (and derailing) an already contentious thread.

Lode_Runner wrote:Thanks Numanoid :-) I think those Legowelt samples just might fall into the same bag of concerns though...
Hardly a case of that, I don't think users can be prohibited for sharing sounds they have tweaked themselves.
Last edited by Numanoid on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In the end I just couldn't resist JD-850, a fine lib :tu:

I'm a total sucker for these kinds of sounds, just needed to save up :oops:

SubsonicArtz has a similar post count and input into this Thread.
Just sayin'
Hi again to all of you,

I'm really surprised with your attitude Aloysius:
First you 're welcoming us here and this was a really cool thing,
A bit later, you seem to count the number of our posts, where they are... You're also using some kind of allusive way to express that we couldn't really be trusted or maybe that we could be here just for our products promotion....
I'm not sure to fully understand what you really mean cause of your allusive way...

Anyway, all that matters to me is to be finally here with you all and to share this really great place where all of us are because we love music and of course softs, samples and hardwares. :tu:

Just to celebrate the birth of SubsonicArtz and my arrival here, i'm ready to give a free copy of ETHEREAL to the 3 first kvers that will ask for it bellow.

I'm sending you all my best regards, my respect and my love.

Fred Nongat

SubsonicArtz wrote: Just to celebrate the birth of SubsonicArtz and my arrival here, i'm ready to give a free copy of ETHEREAL to the 3 first kvers that will ask for it bellow.
I'm your man.

The demo sounds great :)

SubsonicArtz wrote:
SubsonicArtz has a similar post count and input into this Thread.
Just sayin'
Hi again to all of you,

I'm really surprised with your attitude Aloysius:
First you 're welcoming us here and this was a really cool thing,
A bit later, you seem to count the number of our posts, where they are... You're also using some kind of allusive way to express that we couldn't really be trusted or maybe that we could be here just for our products promotion....
I'm not sure to fully understand what you really mean cause of your allusive way...

Anyway, all that matters to me is to be finally here with you all and to share this really great place where all of us are because we love music and of course softs, samples and hardwares. :tu:

Just to celebrate the birth of SubsonicArtz and my arrival here, i'm ready to give a free copy of ETHEREAL to the 3 first kvers that will ask for it bellow.

I'm sending you all my best regards, my respect and my love.

Fred Nongat
I'd love a free copy! May I have one please? :D

I'm in. If I'm third. I'm asking for it.

why not four? :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Hey we already have 3 winners i see: :tu:
Numanoid :D
Jsp1979 :D
bob bobwood :D

Men you were all very fast!!! You deserve your free copy. :tu:
Please just let me the time to upload it specially for you (all i got now are the links from sampleism and then you'd have to pay if using them)
I'll send you your personnal links by Pm before the end of the week.
Promissed :)

Fred Nongat

murnau wrote:why not four? :lol:
because i said 3 :lol:

Sorry Murnau. Better luck next time.

Fred

Congratulations guys, Ethereal is a really great library (even though I had to pay for my copy). :D

BTW that's the opinion of someone who has been on KVR since 2003. ;)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

SubsonicArtz wrote:Hey we already have 3 winners i see: :tu:

Men you were all very fast!!! You deserve your free copy. :tu:
Please just let me the time to upload it specially for you (all i got now are the links from sampleism and then you'd have to pay if using them)
I'll send you your personnal links by Pm before the end of the week.
Promissed :)
That's great, I look forward to the link :tu:

I've been playing with the demo of the lib, and like it a lot. I guess I already should have bought it, but I have many pad/drone/ambience libs already, so that has been why I have hesitated.

But I look really forward to getting it now :)

SubsonicArtz wrote:Hey we already have 3 winners i see: :tu:

Fred Nongat
Thank you for your generosity!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”