FREE JD-850 and Etheral Kontakt Demo Instrument

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Postby Ben H; Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:21 am
Re: FREE JD-850 and Etheral Kontakt Demo Instrument
Back on-topic:
I bought the Ethereal library the other day when it was released, and it is AWESOME. There are lots of useful and inspiring patches in there. :love:

Postby NewAgeGuru; Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:12 pm
Re: FREE JD-850 and Etheral Kontakt Demo Instrument
I bought Ethereal a few days ago and i must say that this library has very inspiring and even mysterious sounds. I make New Age and Ambient music and this library will just fit in. I hope there will be a sequel to this library. One can never have enough sounds, especially these kind of sounds.

I'm just passing by and i'd like to thank Ben and NewageGuRU for their very kind messages concerning ETHEREAL Library. I'm just glad that you liked it and wish you to enjoy it a lot.

Also, as i was very curious about the JD-850 Library i bought it myself and i'm really glad i did as it's a really good product!!! :tu:
Congratulations to CL-projects.

Fred Nongat.
Last edited by SubsonicArtz on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Aloysius. I think i'm gonna like it here.

NewAgeGuru wrote:Thanks Aloysius. I think i'm gonna like it here.
:)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

SubsonicArtz
KVRer
1 post since 12 Mar, 2014

Welcome to KvR ;)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

SubsonicArtz
KVRer

Welcome to KvR ;)

Thank you very much Aloysius.
I should have done this a long time ago.
That's my place too now.

Fred Nongat

SubsonicArtz wrote:SubsonicArtz
KVRer

Welcome to KvR ;)

Thank you very much Aloysius.
I should have done this a long time ago.
That's my place too now.

Fred Nongat

Back on topic with Ethereal. I thought I'd make a quick video demo....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn9P5rI11us

Hope you like it :)
Last edited by Kaneda on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.lootaudio.com
Kontakt Libraries, Plugins, Patches, Samples and Deals.

sinkmusic wrote:Really, in all honesty i don't see what could be wrong here : Vinyl toolkit is all about short one-shot samples of drums : there is no melodic element, no loop, no melody, no harmonic content, so what should be copyrighted/patented ?
I don't feel like violating any intellectual property by re-recording a single hi-hat sound from an obscure record released 40 or 50 years ago : it is not like ripping-off a melodic loop or sampling 4 bars of beat.
This is ALL WRONG. You shouldn't provide any kind of content for sale if you don't understand the basics of this job.
So following your way of thinking I shouldn't feel like violating any intellectual property by re-re-recording "your" single hi-hat sound from "your" pack, or any "non melodic loop". This is ALL WRONG. Please, don't do this job or at least study the basics of copyright and intellectual property before doing anything like this.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

Is there a "Wailing Guitar" patch in the JD-850 library?

Thanks,
Brandon

kurzman wrote:Is there a "Wailing Guitar" patch in the JD-850 library?

Thanks,
Brandon
Hi, I've just looked and no there is no patch named 'Wailing Guitar' - Thanks
https://www.lootaudio.com
Kontakt Libraries, Plugins, Patches, Samples and Deals.

EvilDragon wrote: But they didn't do anything when Persing released Omnisphere, which contains JD patches in it, as well. Now this might be because Persing worked for them for some time, but still. Kinda double standard there.
And given his close association with Roland, he was probably able to gain permission ... and/or he paid to licence them.
EvilDragon wrote:In any case IIRC this is not the only JD (or D-50) Kontakt lib out there, Roland did not move a finger regarding their existence...
I am aware of that. Maybe they've slipped under Roland's radar or the devs sought permission/paid to have it licensed.

Stephen

EvilDragon wrote:Technically, it's a grey area (sampling the custom patches done on a rompler), it's not totally illegal. Different companies have different stances on this. Korg doesn't mind, for example. Roland, they C&D'd that Reaktor library that used raw D-50 ROM samples - which is fair enough. But they didn't do anything when Persing released Omnisphere, which contains JD patches in it, as well. Now this might be because Persing worked for them for some time, but still. Kinda double standard there. In any case IIRC this is not the only JD (or D-50) Kontakt lib out there, Roland did not move a finger regarding their existence...
Eric Persing worked for Roland, thats right, and maybe he was also the author of the patches in the Roland synthesizers you mentioned. And possibly the author of the samples on wich were based these presets as well.

Also I dont really see any double standard mesure : Roland owns the samples, they can give permission to Mr X to use them, and sue Mr Y. ( Like in : you own your car, and you can give the keys to your friends, and not to the next John Doe :shrug: )
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Timman wrote:
sinkmusic wrote:Really, in all honesty i don't see what could be wrong here : Vinyl toolkit is all about short one-shot samples of drums : there is no melodic element, no loop, no melody, no harmonic content, so what should be copyrighted/patented ?
I don't feel like violating any intellectual property by re-recording a single hi-hat sound from an obscure record released 40 or 50 years ago : it is not like ripping-off a melodic loop or sampling 4 bars of beat.
This is ALL WRONG. You shouldn't provide any kind of content for sale if you don't understand the basics of this job.
So following your way of thinking I shouldn't feel like violating any intellectual property by re-re-recording "your" single hi-hat sound from "your" pack, or any "non melodic loop". This is ALL WRONG. Please, don't do this job or at least study the basics of copyright and intellectual property before doing anything like this.
Tinman is correct here. It doesn't matter if there is any "melodic element". The recording is copyrighted; "patents" don't apply to recordings, which is another indication that someone doesn't know what he's talking about.

If you don't take the time now to learn how how copyright law works, the copyright holder's lawyers will end up explaining it to you. And that will be a $400 per hour "course" on intellectual property laws. :wink:
hollowsun wrote:
EvilDragon wrote: But they didn't do anything when Persing released Omnisphere, which contains JD patches in it, as well. Now this might be because Persing worked for them for some time, but still. Kinda double standard there.
And given his close association with Roland, he was probably able to gain permission ... and/or he paid to licence them.
EvilDragon wrote:In any case IIRC this is not the only JD (or D-50) Kontakt lib out there, Roland did not move a finger regarding their existence...
I am aware of that. Maybe they've slipped under Roland's radar or the devs sought permission/paid to have it licensed.

Stephen
I would bet Roland owned the copyright, and that Persing was an employee or creating patches on a "work for hire" basis, where Roland owns whatever he developed at the time. But I would also bet Roland has other things to worry about than suing Persing/Omnisphere. Roland is still trying to get its act together after losing Cakewalk, floundering in the hardware synth market, and not doing much of anything in the software area. I love Roland products, but...yeah, they have bigger fish to fry.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Intellectual property issues aside...has anyone tried to use Kontakt 5 with Kontakt 4 on the same system? The last time I tried this it made a mess of my Kontakt 4 library, and I spent almost 5 hours un-installing and re-installing/updating everything. That was on a 32-bit Windows XP system.

Now that I have a 64-bit Windows 7 system, I'd like to install Kontakt 5 Player--but I don't want to lose another 5 hours of my life. (I only want the Player so I can audition instruments like the one offered here; I'll eventually move to the latest version once I determine it's worth it.)

I know this instrument is only for Kontakt 5 (and up), but before I download the player, I was hoping the developer or someone else might know if it will work with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Kontakt 4 on the same system.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Kaneda wrote:
kurzman wrote:Is there a "Wailing Guitar" patch in the JD-850 library?

Thanks,
Brandon
Hi, I've just looked and no there is no patch named 'Wailing Guitar' - Thanks
Aw shucks. :( It was a very popular patch in the JD-800 once:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq709-NQilQ

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”