vir2 Acou6tics

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone (at Vir2 or Big Fish Audio),

I am curious to know: how many velocity layers and/or round robins does Acou6tics offer? (Are some instruments more detailed than others?)

(I recently bought Acou6tics but the interface is locked, so I can't see for myself.)

EDIT: Something else also piqued my curiosity: If Kontakt fails to load an Acou6tics instrument, it reports the following number of files missing:
12-String 7242
Guitalele 5208
Mandolin 3283
Nylon 6240
Ukulele High 3630
Ukulele Low 3630
Western finger 3948
Western pick 5412

Are these the actual number of samples per instrument?

Hello Julian,

Thank you for reaching out. Depending on the articulation, Acou6tics was recorded with up to 4 velocity layers and up to 4 round robins. Each instrument was recorded with the same heart and soul having recorded the fullest extent of detail for each.

To answer your question regarding the amount of samples per instrument... Yes, the numbers above are the amount of samples for each instrument. There are ALOT.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Best,

Julian @ Vir2
Vir2 Instruments Support Team
www.vir2.com

Here is a new demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E836hKsWRtM

Here are some reviews (you'll find the full review clicking the link)

Sound On Sound
“You would have to try very hard in your average project studio to match the fidelity produced by Acou6tics... it’s capable of some breathtaking results.”
http://www.bigfishaudio.com/review.html ... ::::513807

MusicTech Magazine Awards
"9/10! A brilliant way to bring the sound of acoustic guitars to your tracks. Hugely tweakable, and sounds like the real thing." - MusicTech Magazine
http://www.bigfishaudio.com/review.html ... ::::513802

Keyboard Magazine
"Acou6tics is the most realistic sampled acoustic guitar family I've heard to date...this is clearly a professional instrument."
http://www.bigfishaudio.com/review.html ... ::::513804

Computer Music Magazine Award
"9/10! As Electri6ity users would expect, the sound is pretty much flawless...a thing of beauty."
http://www.bigfishaudio.com/review.html ... ::::513801
Cheers,
Benjamin
Virtual Instrument Developer @ Vir2 / Bigfish Audio

Last edited by Musical Gym on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hey Guys,
I just picked up Acousti6s thanks to your Valentine's Day weekend sale (THANK YOU!!). I'm really enjoying these instruments - the sound quality is beautiful. I'm noticing that the chord diagram display in the Chords tab does not display for the 12-string, guitalele, and ukulele instruments, but it displays just fine for the others. I'm working on project involving the 12-string, and I'm having to use one of the 6-string guitars to set user chords. The good news is that, as documented, the user chords do carry over to the 12-string. I am seeing this behavior in both standalone Kontakt (5.4.3) and within my DAW. The instrument .nki files are dated 3/19/2014 - so I think I have the latest versions published.

Last edited by Musical Gym on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Edit

It seems that there's no preset rhythm, contrarily to RealGuitar.

Do you always have to use both hands to strum the guitar? I'd love to play only the chord with my hand - & no to need to use my right hand to make a rhythmic pattern.

Thx in advance
__^o^__
mk is't raelly em

stevea78070 wrote:Hey Guys,
I just picked up Acousti6s thanks to your Valentine's Day weekend sale (THANK YOU!!). I'm really enjoying these instruments - the sound quality is beautiful. I'm noticing that the chord diagram display in the Chords tab does not display for the 12-string, guitalele, and ukulele instruments, but it displays just fine for the others. I'm working on project involving the 12-string, and I'm having to use one of the 6-string guitars to set user chords. The good news is that, as documented, the user chords do carry over to the 12-string. I am seeing this behavior in both standalone Kontakt (5.4.3) and within my DAW. The instrument .nki files are dated 3/19/2014 - so I think I have the latest versions published.
Same problem here! You are not alone... I rebuilt my PC earlier in the year and promptly overwrote my original install. Once reinstalled, I noticed the missing diagrams and that some of the instruments would not load fully (indicator in Kontakt instrument) in my DAW (Sonar X3).

Now, I cannot remember whether the chord diagrams worked on my PC prior to reinstall. I definitely have the current versions of Acou6tics and Kontakt loaded. Strange... 'doesn't spoil the enjoyment of playing what I believe to be THE premier virtual guitar VST - along with Electri6ity, of course!

Come on, Benjamin; tell us what's right here!

You might want to contact their support directly. I own Acou6tics also, but got virtually no response when using this thread.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”