EZ DRUMMER 2

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EZdrummer 2

syncII wrote: Mine's Version 1.5.1
Aha, as I suspected. Thanks.

All my other ones (Classic, Vintage, Indie Folk) are 1.5.0. The default libraries (Modern/Vintage) are 1.0.1. Cocktail is still at 1.4.0 though.

Does that all sound right?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:

All my other ones (Classic, Vintage, Indie Folk) are 1.5.0. The default libraries (Modern/Vintage) are 1.0.1. Cocktail is still at 1.4.0 though.

Default Modern/Vintage = 1.0.1

Cocktail = 1.4.0

Pop/Rock now updated to 1.5.2

DFH = 1.5.0

Don't have the others you mention.

Thanks! I wonder why my Pop/Rock won't update. Will have to contact support.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Thanks! I wonder why my Pop/Rock won't update. Will have to contact support.
I'm having the same problem (win 7). Just using the uninstaller now and reinstalling from scratch.

Result: The installer and update installer finished successfully this time.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

If you're using the standalone, you can check for updates. It will tell you if everything is up to date.

MENU\Check for Updates

Aloysius wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Thanks! I wonder why my Pop/Rock won't update. Will have to contact support.
I'm having the same problem (win 7). Just using the uninstaller now and reinstalling from scratch.

Which ones did you have to uninstall? Just the main EZ2 program?

Aloysius wrote:

Which ones did you have to uninstall? Just the main EZ2 program?
Pop/Rock

The pop/rock installer comes with an uninstaller.

I ran the pop/rock uninstaller (to get rid of the old damaged install).
Then ran the installer.
Then ran the update installer.

Ah ok got it. I tried reinstalling the main program as I thought that's what it had a problem with. I'll try uninstalling Pop/Rock, thanks.

I didn't have any problems updating EZD to EZD2 or any of the EZX programmes. I'm using an iMac OSX 10.9.2. Hope you manage to sort out your upgrades.

Looks like it was my fault. I was trying to install the 1.52 update but hadn't installed the 1.51.

Just thought I'd resurrect this question from May, as no one answered it.

While I understand that EZD2 makes it easier than ever to lay out a drum track as the the basis for a song, I usually work the other way around -- I will write a song (on a steady grid tempo) minus the drums first, then add the drums. The problem I describe below makes this hard in EZD1. Any thoughts re EZD2 in this regard?
lingyai wrote:Maybe I was doing something wrong, but when using EZDrummer 1 in Acid Pro or MuLab, I could never get it to sync up with my project song when auditioning drum loops from EZDrummer's browser, by which I mean, while the tempo matched the DAW's host tempo, what was auditioned was always playing "off-grid" i.e. I could not audition in such a way that the audition started at the beginning of the right measure, or of any measure, for that matter; rather it just started playing the instant I pressed the audition Play button manually. (Pressing the DAW's project transport Play button did not help). This required me to time pressing this button exactly in order to hear how the loops would sound "on-grid", but my timing isn't always good enough to do so, and at all events this becomes tiring when audtioning lots of loops. So it left me to imagine how a loop would play if it were properly synced.

In contrast, when auditioning loops (actually strumming patterns) in RealGuitar, or an audio loop in Acid, a loop selected for audition will not play until the start of a measure, which to my mind is how things should be.

Therefore I got the impression that EZDrummer was good for building a drumtrack and then building a song around it, but not for creating drumtracks for use in an existing, drum-less song.

So... my real question is: is this putative shortcoming -- i.e. off-grid auditioning -- present in EZDrummer 2? People say it's quite amazing, but I might pass if I can't get it to do what I've described I want to do.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:While I understand that EZD2 makes it easier than ever to lay out a drum track as the the basis for a song, I usually work the other way around -- I will write a song (on a steady grid tempo) minus the drums first, then add the drums. The problem I describe below makes this hard in EZD1. Any thoughts re EZD2 in this regard?
When I use EZdrummer, I drag its midi files on to a midi track. If you do that, there is no difference between adding the drums earlier or later.

Uncle E wrote:
lingyai wrote:While I understand that EZD2 makes it easier than ever to lay out a drum track as the the basis for a song, I usually work the other way around -- I will write a song (on a steady grid tempo) minus the drums first, then add the drums. The problem I describe below makes this hard in EZD1. Any thoughts re EZD2 in this regard?
When I use EZdrummer, I drag its midi files on to a midi track. If you do that, there is no difference between adding the drums earlier or later.
Thanks, but I don't think you understand the problem. I know I can drag the midi to a track. The problem is what I described in the bit where I quote myself. Auditioning, at least in EZD1, doesn't sync to the start of measures. This makes it very difficult to add drum accompaniment to an existing project.

I think he's saying you could drag it onto a MIDI track to audition. I agree it's not awesome, but it seems better than trying to sync by hand on the fly.

Ok, I see, thanks. But ... so, does this mean that EZD2 in fact does *not* sync loops to the start of measures when auditioning? Seems like a glaring, howling, achilles-heel omission to me. The first version of Acid was able to do this in '99 or 2000.... With 1000s of loops to audition, having to drag each midi clip to the project just to hear how it would sound, synced to measures, would bring workflow to a crawl -- assuming anyone would actually do this.

Is this really the case? :o

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”