EZ DRUMMER 2

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EZdrummer 2

Thanks for the clarification (that EZD 2 install completely replaces EZD on the HD), all!

Here we go…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

blueman wrote:If you import your own midi (e.g. Groove Monkee) will the tempo and velocity knobs work intelligently? Iow, does it change how the drummer plays and alter parts like it does with the EZX midi?
I would like to know this as well please.
Can Groove Monkee parts be tagged, or whatever, to be integrated into the new way?

thanks, j

How does one load custom kit presets created in v1?

crash inside live confirmed. Seems to be anything other than 44.1. Hopefully it won't be too long for a fix.

firepile wrote:How does one load custom kit presets created in v1?
i took me some time to find that, too. in drums view click the arrow of a single drum, it opens a litte window. down on the right side is an option to choose an entire kit!

blueman wrote:If you import your own midi (e.g. Groove Monkee) will the tempo and velocity knobs work intelligently? Iow, does it change how the drummer plays and alter parts like it does with the EZX midi?
Yes, if you drag our midi into the song track, you can switch the "pwer hand" and use the velocity and "amount' knobs.

Tip: The power hand can be dragged with your mouse to another instrument (e.g. hit-hat to ride or crash). You can also switch the articulation using the instrument's drop down box (e.g. ride bow to ride bell).

noiseboyuk wrote:
blueman wrote:...cos they're a) played by real drummers and b) make use of the subtle variations in, say, hi hat playing that you can't get in GM.
All of our packs are now played by pro drummers...most that we're not have been replaced. For example, all rock packs including metal were played by pros.

As for hats, off the top of my head I know we now use at least 7 articulations (including tight tip, tight shank, tip, shank, several degrees of opened hats).

Is it currently possible to load the new EZ Drummer 2 kit pieces into Superior Drummer 2? Thank you
Play it by ear

Is it just me? Shit sounds more realistic than others. I keep throwing ezdrummer with searched grooves just randomly and it instantly sounds better. I'm worried it's just another "hibidy is impressed with his new toy" syndrome.

So where's the cheapest place to get this right now?! Best i can find is $89...

jefvTaon wrote:So where's the cheapest place to get this right now?! Best i can find is $89...
We can discount it direct. I'll PM you.

Can't see it better than $89 anywhere :(
Anyone seen a good price on the Lite -> Full (v2) upgrade?

Editing in the timeline is a little clunky, like in EZKeys, but the new work flow is a vast improvement, overall. Best $$$ spent on music gear in a long while. :party:

Well...there she goes! I just dropped the funds to get the upgrade and 2 new EZX libraries (Folk Indie and Blues) :o :hyper:

More time to play.

Not sure if....

-why you can't drag/drop midi from inside a host into ezdrummer2 :? This can't be right
-toms don't have individual outputs so your stuck with the lot. Can't have everything
-increments don't work in S1 (75.4 tempo won't match up. Seems to work in live though. Must play more.
-haven't figured out how to drag drop a made song :x (the manual just says that you can)
-as previously mentioned by someone, if you change the preset, you'll change the whole kit. I think this can be improved on to keep a snare/kick/etc

Nice stuff I just discovered

-adding the percussion is a snap and it sounds good to my ears
-changing the lead (like in the example of hat to ride) is nice. Great way to vary the beats
-great for a dingdong like me who struggles with real drum "beats"

And I'll mention again, I personally love the way it sounds. YMMV

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”